Rams, Redskins make a deal for the #2 pick

http://profootballta...-for-no-2-pick/

Glazer says that the teams will swap first-round picks in 2012, with St. Louis taking the No. 6 pick. The Rams also get two future first-round picks and additional selections, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder.

(2) #1's

(1) #2

and at least another pick. Damn!

Edited by cantankerous

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballta...-for-no-2-pick/

Glazer says that the teams will swap first-round picks in 2012, with St. Louis taking the No. 6 pick. The Rams also get two future first-round picks and additional selections, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder.

(2) #1's

(1) #2

and at least another pick. Damn!

thanks for the info. OUCH!.... Sure glad it wasn't us.

Wow! 2-1sts AND a second?!? There goes Washingtons' future. They have to hope RGIII can do it all by himself.Also gives serious credence to Manning in at Denver and Tebow out.

Now maybe Tebow will come to Buffalo.

Congrats to the Redskins, the NFC East will continue to be must-see TV. Agree that it was an awful lot to give up, but they owed their fanbase something after a year of Beck/Grossman. Congrats to the Rams too, nice haul.

3 #1's

2 #2's

per shefter tweet.

ESPN says one #2 (this years)

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7668243

Sweet trade for rams. They'll get a top WR at #6 overall and add 38th overall pick this year. The 13' and 14' # 1's from Skins they can either sit on or trade for something of value now too. WOW

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Now maybe Tebow will come to Buffalo.

Well, season ticket sales will most likely be taking another hit after last year. They signed TO after RW ordered Brandon, so it's not out of the question. That goes especially for Tebow, who RW wanted and then came out and said he didn't.

Congrats to the Redskins, the NFC East will continue to be must-see TV. Agree that it was an awful lot to give up, but they owed their fanbase something after a year of Beck/Grossman. Congrats to the Rams too, nice haul.

Shanahan takes a lot of risks and needs significant resources to be successful and never would get that here with the club to be sold mentality. I just wish the Bills would reward their fan base by signing a big name UFA in lieu of waiting for Buddy's 4 year plan after a then 10 year hiatus from the playoffs. We'll see when the clock hits 4PM on 3/13.

If it was just 2 first rounders it would be one thing. But 3 first rounders plus more? Hell no. I would make that trade for Aaron rodgers or maybe drew brees, but not for a player who never took an nfl snap.

Glad you're not our GM. Oh wait, you could be.

Ya but he's a once in a generation player at least until next season! How could we not trade 4 starters for this years once in a generation player!

Sooooo...you're saying our last three number ones and last year's number 2 are starters?

Well, season ticket sales will most likely be taking another hit after last year. They signed TO after RW ordered Brandon, so it's not out of the question. That goes especially for Tebow, who RW wanted and then came out and said he didn't.

The Bills didn't want Tebow and they won't want him if he becomes available.

wow, great deal for the rams...they can load up with some serious talent for their future. I love that people say you can't trade these picks.

No one says these picks can be traded, after the last CBA.

The Bills didn't want Tebow and they won't want him if he becomes available.

Allow me to play you for a moment:

Prove me wrong.

And what prompted that outburst from RW after Tebow was selected in the first round? Argue if you will, but owners do not call out other teams after draft day about what they've done wrong. Bizarre behavior from an elderly man who clearly had something in mind when he made that statement.

Yeah, it includes the swap of 1sts, so it's really not exactly 3-1's.

The Rams have Peyton Manning to thank for this deal getting done so early. When Peyton narrowed his choices to Denver, Arizona & Miami the Redskins knew that they had to make this move.

This leaves Manning or Flynn or possibly Kolb (if Manning goes to AZ) for Miami to go after. Am I missing anyone?

Allow me to play you for a moment:

Prove me wrong.

And what prompted that outburst from RW after Tebow was selected in the first round? Argue if you will, but owners do not call out other teams after draft day about what they've done wrong. Bizarre behavior from an elderly man who clearly had something in mind when he made that statement.

If that's your "proof," there's nothing to play at.

The Rams have Peyton Manning to thank for this deal getting done so early. When Peyton narrowed his choices to Denver, Arizona & Miami the Redskins knew that they had to make this move.

Yep.

This leaves Manning or Flynn or possibly Kolb (if Manning goes to AZ) for Miami to go after. Am I missing anyone?

I think it's basically Flynn, or stick with Moore, at this point. Again I can't see Manning wanting to play for Miami and Kolb stinks.

It seems like everyone is treating Tebow's time in Denver as being at an end.

Is it a sure thing?

I would think so. If I were Manning, I'd rather play in Denver than Miami or Arizona because they just came off a playoff season and have a good HC who isn't in his first coaching stint, much less his first year.

I would think so. If I were Manning, I'd rather play in Denver than Miami or Arizona because they just came off a playoff season and have a good HC who isn't in his first coaching stint, much less his first year.

And the team that was in the SB a few years ago and has Fitzgerald at WR is not a good option? Think, man. Think!