papazoid

i suppose this could change monthy.....

The “top” five:

1. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) – Pct. Dislike: 60%

2. Tiger Woods (Golf) – Pct. Dislike: 60%

3. Plaxico Burress, New York Jets (NFL) – Pct. Dislike: 56%

4. Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions (NFL) – Pct. Dislike: 51%

5. Kris Humphries, New Jersey Nets (NBA) – Pct. Dislike: 50%

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ys-forbes-vick_tiger_most_disliked_athletes_020712

The “top” five:

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ys-forbes-vick_tiger_most_disliked_athletes_020712

Man, seriously, I think Kris Humphries is getting a bum wrap.

The “top” five:

Surprised Santonio Holmes isn't in the top 5.

How is Tom Brady not on that list?

Because it's a crappy list.

TO is in the top 10?

Is there any other reason other than the Kim Kardashian nonsense to hate Kris Humphries?

Would Tiger Woods be on this list if not for his affair?

I was surprised that this is based on data from actual market data companies. And I'd hardly consider myself a "sports" fan. Apparently I'm a much greater fan than most.

there's no way 60% of people who actually follow sports dislike Tiger Woods. 80% of that 60% is probably women who don't know what St. Andrew's is.

Same for Vick--substitute "play action" for St. Andrews.

Before he became a Kardashian how many people even knew who Kris Humphries was.

Now he is one of the most disliked. Funny and at the same time sad that garbage TV shows like Kardashians influence the thinking of so many people.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I will admit that my wife watches those shows, so I have seen some episodes. It takes about 2 seconds before you figure out what a complete meathead Humphries is.

My wife does too. Kim K. isn't exactly a Mensa candidate either. However she did figure out a way to run that scam and make an estimated 15 million dollars so maybe she isn't as stupid as I thought.

I will admit that my wife watches those shows, so I have seen some episodes. It takes about 2 seconds before you figure out what a complete meathead Humphries is.

It's amazing what a little 21st century editing can do...lest we forget.

Having never seen the show, I won't call your opinion suspect, but let's be clear: those shows are about as cooked as can be.

I don't get the hate for Humphries other than playing for a pretty poor NBA team. Playing for the Nets should be punishment enough.

My wife also checks into these 'reality' shows. Frankly I see no entertainment or social value in them whatsoever, which causes some heated discussion if I happen to express my opinion openly at home. Seems the longer you are married the quieter you learn to be.

As for the Kardashians in particular, they don't appear to have any specific talent or skill other than self-promoting themselves. Which they do very well.

Before he became a Kardashian how many people even knew who Kris Humphries was.

0.02%

More evidence that Americans are idiots.

And Woods -- the same guy ho was in the top 5 most loved athletes for years now is suddenly hated? Because he cheated on a woman you never met with some other women you never met, or because he stopped winning tournaments? Just watch how fast he falls off that list if he wins the Masters in a couple months.

0.02%

More evidence that Americans are idiots.

And Woods -- the same guy ho was in the top 5 most loved athletes for years now is suddenly hated? Because he cheated on a woman you never met with some other women you never met, or because he stopped winning tournaments? Just watch how fast he falls off that list if he wins the Masters in a couple months.

exactly

I don't buy Tiger as disliked. Maybe two years ago right after the affair stuff came out. But most golf fans (that I know at least) are now rooting for the guy to get his career back on track.

The Humphries inclusion is just stupid. I doubt 5% of sports fans hate the guy. He's basically a nobody.

Sort of surprised about Plax too. What he did was stupid, but that was half a decade ago and it wasn't as if he hurt anyone. More than anything, he just embarrassed himself.

I get Vick. He committed inhumane acts basically for his own twisted kicks. I will never view that guy in a positive light again.

Being rich and horny is plenty cool, but he shouldn't have gotten married.

This.

Derek Jeter - never married, has this top ten list, and send s girls home with a Jeter gift basket! http://sportscasm.com/2010/04/20/derek-jeters-10-hottest-girlfriends-of-all-time/

Tiger messed up - noone would care how many girls he got if he hadn't been married.

I'm suprised Kobe isn't on this list he always seems to be on them.

there's no way 60% of people who actually follow sports dislike Tiger Woods. 80% of that 60% is probably women who don't know what St. Andrew's is.

Tiger Woods is one of the biggest D-Bagz of all time. Even when he had superpowers of the goulf course and everyone was in awe of him , he always rubbed me the wrong way. Once all of the stuff came out about him the world realized what a total doosh he really is. He i sgetting his karmic payback..he's finished.

Tiger Woods is one of the biggest D-Bagz of all time. Even when he had superpowers of the goulf course and everyone was in awe of him , he always rubbed me the wrong way. Once all of the stuff came out about him the world realized what a total doosh he really is. He i sgetting his karmic payback..he's finished.

he's finished? lol. guess you haven't been paying attention.

That show is so obviously staged that I think it's not in dispute. And Humphries gets screwed by some of the editing.

But, with or without editing, the guy is a meathead (there's no other way to describe him). Maybe I'm old fashioned, but belching in your wife's face, intentionally dumping clothes all over the apartment as a joke, and being unable to form an intelligble thought are not endearing qualities in a spouse.

If you had months of footage captured in the apartment my fiance and I share, you would see me/her do all of the aforementioned, or a variation thereof.

When you cram that footage into a 30 sec. vinaigrette (EDIT: that's right, vinaigrette :flirt:) of a 22 minute show and make it seem like happened all in the same afternoon...well...

Again, never seen the show, and I'm certain he is a meat head, but you must must must consider the reality of "reality" TV.

Edited by The Big Cat

Being rich and horny is plenty cool, but he shouldn't have gotten married.

Tiger was a nerd who never got chicks. In fact, he needed someone else to ask his wife out for their first date. He had no game. However when you're one of the most famous people on the planet and making millions, you don't need game.

IMO, most guys don't cheat because they stop loving their wife. It's purely physical most of the time. But it's a lot easier to be faithful when you're a plummer in some town in Maine (no offense) than Tiger Woods and hot, dumb chicks are throwing themselves at you.

Tiger was a nerd who never got chicks. In fact, he needed someone else to ask his wife out for their first date. He had no game. However when you're one of the most famous people on the planet and making millions, you don't need game.

IMO, most guys don't cheat because they stop loving their wife. It's purely physical most of the time. But it's a lot easier to be faithful when you're a plummer in some town in Maine (no offense) than Tiger Woods and hot, dumb chicks are throwing themselves at you.

I'm actually the Vice President of the Bangor Septic Guild. Not to brag, but the ladies are in no short supply.

Hey, come on. That second place in Dubi (sp) doesnt count for ****.

Tiger was third, Mcilroy (no ? about it, spelled the name wrong, The Rory kid) was second.

For every woman that think he's disgusting there are 9 that think "he's available". Many avid golf fans simply don't think he's a good ambassador of the game.

Edited by Steve O

Tiger was third, Mcilroy (no ? about it, spelled the name wrong, The Rory kid) was second.

For every woman that think he's disgusting there are 9 that think "he's available". Many avid golf fans simply don't think he's a good ambassador of the game.

yea, that's just ridiculous. a good "ambassador of the game"? what's your definition of ambassador? if it's someone who want to model your kids after, i agree. if it's anything else that actually has to do with sports, he's one of the greatest of all time.

Edited by deep2evans

The “top” five:

The "top" Ten:

6. LeBron James 48%

7. Kobe Bryant 45%

8. Terrell Owens 45%

9. Alex Rodriguez 44%

10. Kurt Busch 42%

Good thing there aren't any Bills fans on that committee or that list would look a lot different !!

Typical bills fans B word list !! Ryan Fitz isn't a NFL QB , Merriman was a waste , Kelsay just sucks , Parrish is to small & always hurt , Mckelvin sucks , CJ is a bust , Florence is washed up & on & on & ON :doh: :doh: :doh: