So take a look at me now,

'cos there's just an empty space

And there's nothing left here to remind me,

just the memory of your face

Take a look at me now,

'cos there's just an empty space

And you coming back to me

is against all odds and that's what I've got to face

Maybe Buddy can dial up Jeff Bridges and add him to our offensive arsenal next year. :thumbsup:

I laughed when I read this article. Several more years to build? We need to have patience? Unbelievable.

On a more substantive note, I do think that RW's views about our wide receivers and tight ends must also be the views shared by Nix. We should expect a wide receiver to be drafted early. I thought that Chandler was playing okay, but the comment about tight-ends getting injured was kind of interesting.

I would not assume that Stevie will be back. They may think he is part of the problem and that they can upgrade. I hope this is not the case.

The Bills have to address their defense. Mr. Wilson is right though. They could use an upgrade around Fitz. Specifically, a WR who can stretch the field. So March will be a big month for the Bills. They can get a speed WR in FA. If so they can use the draft for defense. If not, they need to go heavy in FA on defense.

My bet? They re-sign Stevie AND grab another WR in FA. It's easier to grab one WR than several defensive pieces.

Edited by purple haze

One day we may have an organization top to bottom that commits to putting together a consistently competitive team yearly. That isn't today....and next year ain't looking so good either. The "small market" excuse is beat. The Steelers/Packers have no problem doing this, because they have a commitment to winning. The Bills don't. It's not cause "the weather is bad, the economy sucks" or whatever tired excuse people wanna use. The Bills as an organization just do not seem overly concerned about putting together a team that can win. Just the bare minimum that "if healthy" can go 8-8 9-7 ish. As fans we're forced to accept it, cause there's really nothing we can do to change this philosophy. We've had more than a handful of above average players who've we let walk right out the door onto other teams. Players that were good enough to win with. Just "not good enough for Buffalo" smh :wallbash: Hope for the best but realistically expect the worst. It should be great next year when we avoid real issues draft a wr in the 1st rd to replace Steve Johnson and go "well in 2-3 years he'll be elite" as other pieces of the team continue to fall apart. The Bills conduct player personnel like they're nothing more than a minor league market for other teams. It's irritating to say the least

Edited by Stealth

"Wilson said his only message to fans was “patience” because he projects it’s going to take several more years to build a contender after the team essentially started from scratch two years ago under new general manager Buddy Nix and new coach Chan Gailey."

I agree with you, OP. Several more years ? With no reference to his age, really which generation is he living in ? Which owner in todays age of free agency asks for another few years on top of the two that have already been spent ? The last thing he should be asking for is patience. Yes, I am willing to give the new regime another year but the Bills have sucked for the better part of this millennium.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Good stuff John. Sometimes I think you're the only one Ralph talks to in the media!

I am not opposed to the Toronto extension and quite honestly given the Dec games at the Ralph over the past couple decades I think Ralph should make the stipulation that it be a December game being played there.

Allow them to charge less but in return at least it is a sell out and the Bills can make some money.....granted not nearly as much as peope tend to state here. The deal was for $78M over 5 years for 8 games. The Bills usually make around $5M per game (at the Ralph) so $40M for those 8 games. So the Bills make an extra 7M per year roughly playing those games there. Even if it was only $5M per year extra it does help the team a bit.

I personally think it really does not do much to generate Toronto's enthusiasm for the Bills. They would be better off having the players go to Southern Ontario and do appearances as So Ontario has a lot of Bills fans and they love coming to the games. They much more identify with the Bills and the Bills' fans thsn the population of Toronto.

My message to RW is that I have patience, I patiently sat through deplorable season after season and finally gave up my seasons last year and I'll wait for you and your team to earn my business back. Of course, I have no say on my annual tax donations you use to make your $25-$30 mil a year but I do have a say over what comes out of my bank account.

Be patient Ralphie, I'll return when you're committed to winning.

If I am 90+ years old the last thing I will ever want to think of is having patience. My Grandpa at 93 only began to relax and get "patient" and that was a mix of his demise. I am greatful for Ralph Wilson and happy he is a Bills fan but I do not want to be told he thinks we need to be patient!

Really? Patience you wanna talk patience? Patience I mean cmon man its only ben 12 years that we have been "statring from scratch". i hate that old man period.

fire away

What Uncle Scrooge Wilson meant was "patience" he's only a few 10 million dollars away from rowing a boat through his money in the bank vault.

Getting Fitz some more weapons means 2 things:

1. You actually have to keep the weapons you have, which means re-signing Stevie. This DOES NOT mean letting stevie go and drafting a WR in round 1 (which is what will happen this offseason).

2. This means you actually have to spend $ or a high pick on a legit TE. No more scrap heap reclamation projects.

One day we may have an organization top to bottom that commits to putting together a consistently competitive team yearly. That isn't today....and next year ain't looking so good either. The "small market" excuse is beat. The Steelers/Packers have no problem doing this, because they have a commitment to winning. The Bills don't. It's not cause "the weather is bad, the economy sucks" or whatever tired excuse people wanna use. The Bills as an organization just do not seem overly concerned about putting together a team that can win. Just the bare minimum that "if healthy" can go 8-8 9-7 ish. As fans we're forced to accept it, cause there's really nothing we can do to change this philosophy. We've had more than a handful of above average players who've we let walk right out the door onto other teams. Players that were good enough to win with. Just "not good enough for Buffalo" smh :wallbash: Hope for the best but realistically expect the worst. It should be great next year when we avoid real issues draft a wr in the 1st rd to replace Steve Johnson and go "well in 2-3 years he'll be elite" as other pieces of the team continue to fall apart. The Bills conduct player personnel like they're nothing more than a minor league market for other teams. It's irritating to say the least

+1

Ralph Inc. keeps this team minimally competetive at the lowest possible price. Its'a all business. Good news is, things are so bad, he will have to inject some cash into personnel this offseason or risk losing significant season ticket revenue next year.

ralph doesnt know if he had tapioca or applesauce for dinner.

I'll bet Ralph is still pretty sharp. He puts one over on us every year.

>>>>>We've got to get receivers. If he hasn't gotten anybody to throw to, he's not going to win many games,"<<<<<

This is a very depressing statement by Mr. Wilson. It reminds one of Spiller "adding excitement." It also makes me want to not waste time thinking about the draft this season.

Mr. Wilson is a genius. He knows JUST how to play to the crowd. There will be a horde of posters who would be thrilled with a first round receiver. And if it after 2 years he has a 2 touchdown game it will be the fans, not Mr. Wilson calling for "patience." And they will justify the idiotic selection.

We will have a question mark at QB, no pass rush, and a dime store LT, but a shiny little new toy to sell tickets ala Spiller.

This sucks. :wallbash::angry:

It worked perfectly. The Bills made out like bandits moneywise. That's all it was about. Money. Establishing a base in

Toronto with corporations and creating more fans.

+1

I have to give credit to Ralph Inc. here. This team has more value with the Toronto deal. The Bills HAVE to expand the market for a buyer to consider keeping the team here.

If you would hv told me when I turned 28 on the day that the Bills lost to Tennessee in the playoffs that they wouldn't make playoffs during my entire 30's I would hv said that's virtually impossible

It really makes turning 40 in two weeks even worse

You can't preach patience after 12 years, that's just ridiculous

Edited by Max997

The old man "didn't pay Fitz all that money for nothing" - in other words, we paid for him, so we're playing him.

I love all this tough love. Patience. Surround him with more talent - runners and TE's who don't get hurt? Runners? What the @#$% is he talking about? Fred and Spiller are fine. A TE - sure. A couple WR's - good, too. But, if they pass on a Franchise caliber QB this year, then that means they'll probably finish next year somewhere near 8-8. No franchise QB then. After that - maybe 10-6 and an outside shot at a wildcard. No matter, though - cause Fitz isn't going to lead this team to a SuperBowl.

I'm not going to sit through another 3 years of pathetic football, and accept these ridiculous excuses. For me, if the Bills don't get a QB worth being excited about next offseason - at the least to be ready to go in when Fitz falters, then I won't waste another Sunday afternoon on these scoundrels.

We do have a choice in Buffalo. Every year for the last half decade I've heard, "we don't have a choice" - and, that is the feeling I get, the impression I get from the majority of people here in this area. They don't like Wilson's antics, they sure don't like Russ Brandon's attitude, nor any of the upper management's condescending talk of "patience" or any other b.s. excuse - as if we're so ignorant to not know what we're seeing - and, AS IF WE DONT HAVE A CHOICE! As long as we don't collectively call their bluff it is true. But, if the Ralph filled up to only 20-40 thousand seats for every home game next year, believe me - everyone would see. The national media would take the fans side here, if we collectively stopped supporting this miscreant owner. The NFL doesn't want a team that wont spend what it can to be competitive. I read another poster here say he was done until Ralph gave him something worth supporting. I'm there, too. He can be as "patient" as he wants - I just hope he loses money every year from now on that he tries to pass that b.s. on down.

>>>>>We've got to get receivers. If he hasn't gotten anybody to throw to, he's not going to win many games,"<<<<<

This is a very depressing statement by Mr. Wilson. It reminds one of Spiller "adding excitement." It also makes me want to not waste time thinking about the draft this season.

Mr. Wilson is a genius. He knows JUST how to play to the crowd. There will be a horde of posters who would be thrilled with a first round receiver. And if it after 2 years he has a 2 touchdown game it will be the fans, not Mr. Wilson calling for "patience." And they will justify the idiotic selection.

We will have a question mark at QB, no pass rush, and a dime store LT, but a shiny little new toy to sell tickets ala Spiller.

I hear you.

The Toronto series has been an EPIC FAIL. Why renew something that didn't work? They don't want us and we don't want them.

They got millions so it worked for them.

Hey Ralph, either you chose a really bad time to tell us this or you just liking screwing with us.

Gosh I hate this guy more and more everyday.

Why is now bad timing?

More receivers? Maybe someone should remind Ralph that Littman traded Evans for a 4th rounder and is about to let Johnson walk.