Jets game and smack talk

Actually I must say you are a decent poster even though you root for a despicable team :)

As I said in another thread, Mangold vs Dareus will be fascinating. Looking beyond the smack talk, I have no way of predicting who will win that battle. Dareus is really coming on, whereas Mangold is good and a vet. How much the Jets score and how the Bills play D will be determined by this battle. (BTW, promise me that if Dareus dominates Mangold, you won't use the 'lingering injury' excuse).

I think we have a better chance of limiting the Jets' scoring than we have of putting up lots of points.

Apart from the on-field discussion - This should be the game of the week though I shudder to think it being televised nationally. The Bills typically haven't been doing well in such games

Fair enough, with the injury thing. It should be healed up by now, I expect him to be back at top form. If Dareus beats him, all the credit to him.

I still don't know about the offense - last year we put up a stinker after the bye - but that was against the Packers.

I dont think Brady, or Vick were considered "turn over machines." The Bills have a very opportunistic defense. My dad is a jets fan; I have watched every jets and Bills game this year, and i dont believe that the jets will be able to keep scoring pace with the Bills. Its not even that i think the jets O is not good, but the play calling is predictable. I also think it would be a poor decision to play Mangold against Dareus man up. if they do, Mangold has a tough day. If they double him, are advantage.

Why would it be a poor decision to use the best center in the league on your best d-lineman? I doubt we would double him.

The Bills still will have to score a lot - I think they score in the 14-24 range; nothing more nothing less. It's a divisional rivalry game, so you never know, but I'm still going with 24-21 Jets. In my gut, I think the Jets can do it.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for the Jets fans....

J-E-T-S: rank these teams by final record: KC, Oak, Pitt, NJ Jets, Buf, NE, Hou, Cin, Balt.

Any other Jets fans, how valuable is Cromartie; in perspective how much better is Revised?

And for Spags, spell "Cat" you Jersey trash

Edited by jboyst62

So for the Jets fans....

JETS: rank these teams by final record: KC, Oak, Pitt, NJ Jets, Buf, NE, Hou, Cin, Balt.

Any other Jets fans, how valuable is Cromartie; in perspective how much better is Revised?

And for Spags, spell "Cat" you Jersey trash

OUCH!

When I was a kid I used to think everything happened because of preparations. Like if you weren't ready to get slugged in the head and then I smacked you with a wrench, are you really going to blame me? You weren't ready.

Now I'm older and I realize that sometimes things just happen and nobody gets the credit or the blame. The one thing that is just happening this year that is funny is that a guy that your team dumped is now like one of the best sacks artists ins football. Aaron Maybin is becoming an NFL sensational and you guys must be eating your hearts out. I think that is funny but it isn't really your fault.

Some things just happens. I mean some people might think that because Rex is a defensive genius that Maybin got better. Some people might think that Maybin just didn't look good in Buffalo because he had too much pressure being a #1 and he was basically trying to do everything that the other 10 guys on the field couldn't do. Some people might say the Bills defensive coaching is like sewer system. That means crappy. Another guess is that Maybin is just someone that thrives in the big city and got depressed in a small town. All of these thing are true but I think it is just happening and not because of that stuff.

Now that the season is in full swing and the Jets is on a winning streak it will be cool to see how they do after a week off and preparing the D for your offense which is doing ok. I think you will beat the Skins if Fitzsimmons isn't too preoccupied worried about the Mayhem next week. Good luck in Toronto.

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS.

Spags - The Jets are going to crash and burn at the Ralph. Mark Sanchez. Out.

Go Bills!

When I started this topic I gave it a nice name because it was not being mean about the Bills. Then someone changed the name. My guess is that it was someone named Wormboy. Well Wormboy when you put words in my mouth guess what I put in your mouth? My fist; that's what.

I know you is all probably worried about facing the Jets this week right when they are starting to look unvinceable again and Aaron Maybin is coming back to make you look bad but remember it is just a game. You guys beat the Pats so there is at least a chance you can get second in the division. There is nothing wrong with being second when the team in first is maybe the best team in the last 10 years of the NFL on defense and has an offense that is only getting better. Anything can happen so root for your team and maybe you'll be lucky which I doubt.

When I started this topic I gave it a nice name because it was not being mean about the Bills. Then someone changed the name. My guess is that it was someone named Wormboy. Well Wormboy when you put words in my mouth guess what I put in your mouth? My fist; that's what.

I know you is all probably worried about facing the Jets this week right when they are starting to look unvinceable again and Aaron Maybin is coming back to make you look bad but remember it is just a game. You guys beat the Pats so there is at least a chance you can get second in the division. There is nothing wrong with being second when the team in first is maybe the best team in the last 10 years of the NFL on defense and has an offense that is only getting better. Anything can happen so root for your team and maybe you'll be lucky which I doubt.

Personally, I cannot wait to see Fred Jackson put Maybin on his back when Maybenot runs one of his patented "speed moves" on a blitz. Maybin does not get near Fitz on Sunday. Count on it.

Spags, you are welcome here anytime you want.

Your original post made me laugh so hard!

I believe the Bills are going to win, but its nice to read your thoughts.

P.S. its obviously a joke and I liked it.

Curitiba

When I was a kid I used to think everything happened because of preparations. Like if you weren't ready to get slugged in the head and then I smacked you with a wrench, are you really going to blame me? You weren't ready.

Now I'm older and I realize that sometimes things just happen and nobody gets the credit or the blame. The one thing that is just happening this year that is funny is that a guy that your team dumped is now like one of the best sacks artists ins football. Aaron Maybin is becoming an NFL sensational and you guys must be eating your hearts out. I think that is funny but it isn't really your fault.

Some things just happens. I mean some people might think that because Rex is a defensive genius that Maybin got better. Some people might think that Maybin just didn't look good in Buffalo because he had too much pressure being a #1 and he was basically trying to do everything that the other 10 guys on the field couldn't do. Some people might say the Bills defensive coaching is like sewer system. That means crappy. Another guess is that Maybin is just someone that thrives in the big city and got depressed in a small town. All of these thing are true but I think it is just happening and not because of that stuff.

Now that the season is in full swing and the Jets is on a winning streak it will be cool to see how they do after a week off and preparing the D for your offense which is doing ok. I think you will beat the Skins if Fitzsimmons isn't too preoccupied worried about the Mayhem next week. Good luck in Toronto.

As the mug shot in your OP shows, you're just bitter about the Buffalo Bills because when the Bishop of Bergholz's buggies rolled up on you in Bergen, the Amish mafia cut off your hair and excuse for a beard. Sometimes things just happen. As reported by your own New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/us/hair-cutting-attacks-stir-fear-in-amish-ohio.html?_r=1&hp

Everybody knows that the Amish don't like to talk to outsiders, so the press never found out that only those who criticized the Amish Rifle were attacked. If you talk smack about the Amish Rifle, your wrench aint gonna save you when the Mullets show up on your stoop. The Mullets may be Amish, but they're more bad-a$$ than you'll ever be - - check out THEIR mug shots:

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/10/mugshots_of_amish_haircutting_mob_released.php

Them Ohio Amish really are a little different!

Go Bills!

Using your physical condition to make us somehow go easy on you isn't going to stop anyone from responding to your Jests nonsense.

All I see is this:

"Maybin is like da best defender in da league, aight? Ryan's a friggin smart guy and da Bills coaches suck over dere. Da Jets won last year so dis year dey are gonna win again just cause."

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... Sunday will tell the tale, and you can blabber on and on about Maybin and whatever else comes into your tiny little mind.

Edited by BmoreBills

I still can't believe you guys haven't figured out that "Jimmy Spagnola" is trolling the ever-loving sh*t out of all of you. I'm guessing it's ieatcrayonz other username.

News flash - - although there are exceptions, in general most of the newer posters are the ones who believe Spags is trolling, while the more experienced posters play along. When the wax-eating Sorceror posts, it's exactly the opposite. Think about that for a minute (or go ask somebody) and get back to us.

Spags is essentially Ed McMahon, allowing the rest of us to try to be Johnny Carson making fun of the Jets. If you're into Madden, you'll just have to google it.

News flash - - although there are exceptions, in general most of the newer posters are the ones who believe Spags is trolling, while the more experienced posters play along. When the wax-eating Sorceror posts, it's exactly the opposite. Think about that for a minute (or go ask somebody) and get back to us.

Spags is essentially Ed McMahon, allowing the rest of us to try to be Johnny Carson making fun of the Jets. If you're into Madden, you'll just have to google it.

Ha, I don't follow those posts/threads enough to be in on the joke. My bad.

Commence the comedy.

From Eric Mack - Inside Fantasy Football - CNN-Si

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo

Start 'em

• QB Mark Sanchez, RB Shonn Greene, WR Santonio Holmes, TE Dustin Keller, K Nick Folk, D/ST Jets

This is about as crucial of a game the Jets can face coming off their bye week and they get a defense that is in the bottom 10 against QBs, RBs and TEs. It amounts to a "start all" game for your Jets. You should get solid production out of all the guys above and should even consider Plaxico Burress in deeper leagues. Sanchez hasn't been good, but he is going to be his best yet here.

Sit 'em

• QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, WR Steve Johnson, TE Scott Chandler, D/ST Bills

While we love the Jets here, you should not like any of your Bills, even if they are home. Fred Jackson has to start in all leagues -- and he is facing the sixth-worst team against RBs in fantasy -- but the Jets run defense is going to improve and won't render a great day for the Bills' leading offensive threat. Fitzpatrick is facing the No. 1 team in fantasy against QBs and Johnson is going to draw Darrelle Revis and a Jets team No. 3 against WRs. Chandler's red-zone TDs returned last week, but the Bills might not score a touchdown in this one.

:angry:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/eric_mack/11/02/fantasy-football-start-sit/index.html#ixzz1cfL9HcT3

Though it was earlier in the season, I still think this article holds water;

My link

The Jets are a good team. Sanchez and Plax are starting to get on the same page, you got Holmes on the other side, the running game is picking up, the defense is still pretty good.

What bugged was listening to WFAN this week and hearing the radio hosts/Jet fans saying that this is the week the Jets will smack the Bills back down to size. They have no fear at all of the Bills. They've all been saying what a nice story the Bills have been, but that the Jets will put them in their rightful place, 3rd best in the division.

The storyline to this game is very similar to the Pats game. Will the Bills answer the call and beat their other "big brother" in the division? I say yes, because they have so far proven to be the better team this year and they're playing at home. This is going to be a great game.

It's easy to make this prediction when you watch fantasy football stats, and not the actual football games.

The Jets don't look good on the football field where the game is played.

I am 100% certain the Bills will score a TD. It's more likely that Sanchez was a turnover filled day, he hasn't had one in awhile, than the Bills not score a TD.

Eric Mack is from western New York, what a douchebag.

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/writers/mack/bio

Unless he is using reverse psychology and trying to get this on the Bills bulletin board, in that case he may be a genius or have illusions of grandeur.

Edited by Why So Serious?

The terms of service of this fine site expressely prohibit personal attacks at threats. Please take the time to read through them. Any more baseless accusations or threats on your part will not be tolerated. Thank you for your consideration.

youstupidmouthbreathingslugeatingjailbirdsoapdroppingsonofabiscuiteater

What a joke.. I am playing in 3 fantasy leagues. I'm starting Fitzy and Chandler but I will be sitting Stevie this week. I think Chandler could have a big game with Stevie locked up by Revis. I would not hesitate to start Buffalo's defense either. I am starting Greene on one team but I don't expect that much and he's all I have available. I am also sitting Holmes and Keller in my games. Holmes has been crap all year.. Keller might be a good bet but I have other TE's I think will do better. Oh, and of course Freddie is my starting RB on all three of my Fantasy teams and obviously he's been HUGE for me.

"but the Jets run defense is going to improve and won't render a great day for the Bills' leading offensive threat"

I love fiction too, you can make up whatever you want with no basis....Why all of a sudden is the Jets run D going to improve? I'd think if the D is going against one of the top rushers that it would actually go the other direction.

Dont be suprised if the guy that has a huge day is David Nelson.....

While David Nelson does not like to be referred to as a "tight end" he runs much the same routes but with a wide receivers speed....the jets have been BAD covering Tight Ends this year.....

This has the potential to be a 100 plus yard receiving day for Nelson....and the bills are gonna want to keep the Jets D honest against Jackson.

We also need to keep Sanchez and those wide receivers off the field....hopeing for a lot of quick slant, grind it out, with points scored at the end type day with long time killing consuming drives.

i wasn't going to start stevie, but just to spite this douche bag i'm starting stevie, chandler and spiller.

go bills

this reminds me -- i need to check out the albany times union site to get jennifer gish's take on this week's game.

ha, awesome.

The Jets are a good team. Sanchez and Plax are starting to get on the same page, you got Holmes on the other side, the running game is picking up, the defense is still pretty good.

What bugged was listening to WFAN this week and hearing the radio hosts/Jet fans saying that this is the week the Jets will smack the Bills back down to size. They have no fear at all of the Bills. They've all been saying what a nice story the Bills have been, but that the Jets will put them in their rightful place, 3rd best in the division.

The storyline to this game is very similar to the Pats game. Will the Bills answer the call and beat their other "big brother" in the division? I say yes, because they have so far proven to be the better team this year and they're playing at home. This is going to be a great game.

A lot of people are saying that this game will be a good "meter test" of just how far the bills have come. I hae to agree with this.

When you think about how we got manhandled physically by this team last year and how they just ran all over us and the bills couldnt wait to get out of that game you know the players have not forgotten.....this is not the same bills team as last year but the only way to actually prove that is go out there and shut down their run....period.

If Sanchez burns us through the air as a fan I will have to live with that but I dont want to see them beating the crap out of us on the ground.

Something tells me they wont.

So now fantasy football articles are bulletin board material?? :blink:

That was my first thought too. I'm sure Fitz is gonna be rounding up the troops in the locker room to prove that bastard Eric Mack wrong.

Regarding the actual article, it's dumb. The Bills put up 30 points per game and the Jets allow 22 (which is more than Buffalo, by the way, but who has time to research such things?). What percentage of projections would have us scoring 0 touchdowns?

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Eh. The Jets have the 29th ranked offense. Their oline, running game, defense, and receivers aren't as good as they have been. I think Rex Ryan is a loudmouth but he is a very good coach. IMO, the talent on the Jets is very overrated.

A lot of people are saying that this game will be a good "meter test" of just how far the bills have come. I hae to agree with this.

When you think about how we got manhandled physically by this team last year and how they just ran all over us and the bills couldnt wait to get out of that game you know the players have not forgotten.....this is not the same bills team as last year but the only way to actually prove that is go out there and shut down their run....period.

If Sanchez burns us through the air as a fan I will have to live with that but I dont want to see them beating the crap out of us on the ground.

Something tells me they wont.

To me, the Bills just seem to be a more cohesive team this year than the scattershot Jets. The Jets will no doubt be coming in and trying to run the ball down our throats. Even if they do it doesn't necessarily mean that we lose, but let's all hope that the Bills can finally stop their run a whole lot better than they have in the past.

Eh. The Jets have the 29th ranked offense. Their oline, running game, defense, and receivers aren't as good as they have been. I think Rex Ryan is a loudmouth but he is a very good coach. IMO, the talent on the Jets is very overrated.

They aren't the same, but they're still no slouches. Plus, Rex had two weeks to work out the kinks. I think this will be a tough fought game for both teams.