Jets game and smack talk

Does it matter how? They gave it up. Thats where the Jets get the idea they will beat us.

The bills could be top 10 on defense and we would still be getting this arrogant attitude because the jets are coming off two AFC Championship game appearances.

What they dont get is that every year is different....and the jets are not as strong as they were last year while the bills are the suprise team of the year.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bills could be top 10 on defense and we would still be getting this arrogant attitude because the jets are coming off two AFC Championship game appearances.

What they dont get is that every year is different....and the jets are not as strong as they were last year while the bills are the suprise team of the year.

But the Bills are not top 10 on defense.

I would agree that this season is different - the Jets are coming together more than they were at the beginning of the year, though.

I saw one Bills game this year (living in San Diego, I don't really get their games lol).

I get it, the Bills spread the ball around. Stevie's the primary target though, I doubt you can argue that Naaman Roosevelt gets as many looks as Stevie does.

He does....but Fitz is a system QB and he will do what Chan tells him to (and Chan really is an offensive genious)

I dont expect Stevie to have a big game but I do expect that Fitz will test Revis....what he will probably do is try to get Johston in space or take him over the middle on a slant....but we wont be throwing at Revis much.

Honest the player I expect to have a big day on our team is David Nelson.....this is the kind of game where he really excells. The matchup that I am really wanting to see most is Mangold vs Darius.

He does....but Fitz is a system QB and he will do what Chan tells him to (and Chan really is an offensive genious)

I dont expect Stevie to have a big game but I do expect that Fitz will test Revis....what he will probably do is try to get Johston in space or take him over the middle on a slant....but we wont be throwing at Revis much.

Honest the player I expect to have a big day on our team is David Nelson.....this is the kind of game where he really excells. The matchup that I am really wanting to see most is Mangold vs Darius.

Probably best not to throw at Revis. QBs throwing at him this year have a 2.9 QB rating.

Mangold is most likely going to hold Dareus. Mangold is the best C in the league by far, Darius is good but I think Mangold can handle him (the way he handled suh last year)

I saw one Bills game this year (living in San Diego, I don't really get their games lol).

I get it, the Bills spread the ball around. Stevie's the primary target though, I doubt you can argue that Naaman Roosevelt gets as many looks as Stevie does.

The bills don't have to excessively rely on one guy like for example the panthers do with Steve smith. That's the point. So the strategy of taking away the top receiver isn't the killer to this team as it would be to some others. Distributing it to the optimal target is Fitz strength as a QB. Cromartie is not having as good a season this year as last either so we should be able to move the ball in the air

The bills don't have to excessively rely on one guy like for example the panthers do with Steve smith. That's the point. So the strategy of taking away the top receiver isn't the killer to this team as it would be to some others. Distributing it to the optimal target is Fitz strength as a QB. Cromartie is not having as good a season this year as last either so we should be able to move the ball in the air

Cro is having a decent season, for a guy playing across Revis. the 3rd CB, Kyle Wilson, 1st rounder last year, is playing out of his mind too. Playing almost as well as Haden and better than McCourty.

The Raiders lost a very winnable game, and the Patriots choked away that game with Brady's 4 interceptions. No way the Bills should have those! Obviously they suck!

Come on, you can't use that as an argument.

Maybe, but the argument I can use is that your coach is a fat-assed, foot-sniffing buffon who can't STFU. He's not great at predicting things, either.

Maybe, but the argument I can use is that your coach is a fat-assed, foot-sniffing buffon who can't STFU. He's not great at predicting things, either.

According to all those things, he obviously doesn't have the capability to be a head coach. Damn. He should be fired now!

(Who cares if he's fat, or likes feet, or can't shut up. It doesn't have an impact on anything...)

Probably best not to throw at Revis. QBs throwing at him this year have a 2.9 QB rating.

Mangold is most likely going to hold Dareus. Mangold is the best C in the league by far, Darius is good but I think Mangold can handle him (the way he handled suh last year)

Yes because last year means so much right now. I truly have to laugh a little at jet fans.....last year is last year but they keep referring back to it because?

There team is not as good THIS year.

According to all those things, he obviously doesn't have the capability to be a head coach. Damn. He should be fired now!

(Who cares if he's fat, or likes feet, or can't shut up. It doesn't have an impact on anything...)

Except that he's a fat, foot-licking buffoon who can't shut up.

Yes because last year means so much right now. I truly have to laugh a little at jet fans.....last year is last year but they keep referring back to it because?

There team is not as good THIS year.

I referenced Mangold stopping Suh as a way to say, most likely he'll stop Dareus. His injury should be fully healed at this point. And you would probably take Suh over Dareus at this point (unbiased).

Except that he's a fat, foot-licking buffoon who can't shut up.

Damn, your logic is too good. You win. :worthy:

You've hit on a key matchup for sure. But seriously no ones handled dareus all year. I'm sure mangold isn't takin him for granted like you are. If dareus clogs up the middle it creates huge problems for jets because their backs lack speed to get outside. This forces jets out of run game early and allows bill to key on pass. And we all saw earlier in the season what happens when jets are a pass-first team; they lose. I'd really like the bills opportunistic secondary against the mistake prone Sanchez

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

You've hit on a key matchup for sure. But seriously no ones handled dareus all year. I'm sure mangold isn't takin him for granted like you are. If dareus clos up the middle it creates huge problems for jets because their backs lack speed to get outside. This forces jets out of run game early and allows bill to key on pass. And we all saw earlier in the season what happens when their a pass-first team; they lose. I'd really like the bills opportunistic secondary against the mistake prone Sanchez

Shonn Greene actually is better on the outside, which makes no damn sense because he's a power runner. Sanchez also isn't as turnover prone as you think. Sanchez: 9 turnovers, Fitz: 8. I don't think you would call Fitz turnover prone. Also, no way Dareus has faced a center as good as Mangold. He's the best in the league by far.

Thing is that Revis will take away Stevie. But that's the thing about Fitz he can spread the ball around to Nelson, Chandler, Roosevelt and company. Also I really hope Jones plays. The Bills need another WR with Revis and Chromartie out there (Chromartie not shut down but pretty good).

Also this Jets D isn't the Broadway bullies like they have been. They just aren't shuting down the run like they did the past two season. Their offense isn't good either (Very average). It will be a close game. Buffalo 24 Jets 21

Shonn Greene actually is better on the outside, which makes no damn sense because he's a power runner. Sanchez also isn't as turnover prone as you think. Sanchez: 9 turnovers, Fitz: 8. I don't think you would call Fitz turnover prone. Also, no way Dareus has faced a center as good as Mangold. He's the best in the league by far.

Hehe, you should see the average comments about Fitz from Bills fans :)

This Slauson character obviously wants to get Dareus good and pissed off before he lines up against him Sunday.

We should put a Hannibal mask on Dareus, chain him to a wooden cart, and wheel him out onto the field while creepy music plays over the PA system.

Hehe, you should see the average comments about Fitz from Bills fans :)

He's the best QB you've had in a while. I don't see why there would be complaints. :huh:

Until we beat them, I consider them better than us, just like the Patriots.

Let's let our players play the game, and see how it goes. The **** talking is just dumb.

Rex disagrees. :devil:

Fitz QB rating 97.8, Sanchez 83 .... who's more efficient?

Fitz QB rating 97.8, Sanchez 83 .... who's more efficient?

Turnover prone =/= efficiency. Again, Sanchez has one more turnover than Fitz, who you guys wouldn't call turnover prone. Sanchez has made strides this year, with the turnover in the WRs and the o-line (with Baxter isntead of Mangold, Hunter instead of Woody)

The Bills are physically the largest team in the NFL this year. Revis can take away SJ, but Fitz just throws it to whoever is open.

Revis is barely above average at covering guys in the slot, or the middle. On the outside he is lights out, but my guess is that Chan will have a plan for SJ in the slot, or if on the outside, Fitz and SJ will be practicing ad nausium on timing routes which, contrary to popular belief Revis is nothing special, in fact that is the only way to beat him outside. On the outside he takes a way the go route by getting in front of the receiver cutting off his lanes.. There is no secret to what Revis does, he just does it better than perhaps anyone that has ever played the game..

Tim-

Revis is barely above average at covering guys in the slot, or the middle. On the outside he is lights out, but my guess is that Chan will have a plan for SJ in the slot, or if on the outside, Fitz and SJ will be practicing ad nausium on timing routes which, contrary to popular belief Revis is nothing special, in fact that is the only way to beat him outside. On the outside he takes a way the go route by getting in front of the receiver cutting off his lanes.. There is no secret to what Revis does, he just does it better than perhaps anyone that has ever played the game..

Tim-

Really? He blanketed Welker (NFL's leading receiver) in the slot on 21 plays for 1 reception, 4 yards.

The 2.9 rating against him speaks volumes.

Turnover prone =/= efficiency. Again, Sanchez has one more turnover than Fitz, who you guys wouldn't call turnover prone. Sanchez has made strides this year, with the turnover in the WRs and the o-line (with Baxter isntead of Mangold, Hunter instead of Woody)

Actually Sanchez has regressed. They tried opening the offense up and putting it more in his hands earlier in the season, result? Losing record. I really really like our chances if we take away run early and let Sanchez play pitch and catch with bills pick happy secondary.

Not saying we will take it away for sure, but it can be done. LT is mr irrelevant so greens the only guy we have to key on

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Actually Sanchez has regressed. They tried opening the offense up and putting it more in his hands earlier in the season, result? Losing record. I really really like our chances if we take away run early and let Sanchez play pitch and catch with bills pick happy secondary.

Not saying we will take it away for sure, but it can be done. LT is mr irrelevant so greens the only guy we have to key on

Really? He's improved more this season honestly. People used stats against him before and now they're irrelevant?

LT is also used in the screeng ame somewhat. Watch out for that.

Really? He blanketed Welker (NFL's leading receiver) in the slot on 21 plays for 1 reception, 4 yards.

The 2.9 rating against him speaks volumes.

SJ is not the fastest receiver in the league by far, but watching film on him you'll see he's very good, if not magnificent as being clever. His moves to avoid the (stuff) at the line are among the best I've ever seen. He's not going to take Revis deep that's for sure, but I'll bet he catches at least 4 passes, and 3 for first downs.. Chan might test Cromartie early and often to see what kind of a game he's having and how he's playing receivers. Crom is hot and cold sometimes, and he plays off the line a lot. In the jets favor, other than an inexperienced CJ Spiller the Bills have no burner in the receiving corps.. I doubt Chan will send CJ into Revis territory, but he is faster than Revis which could be an interesting matchup if we're ahead by a bunch?

My guess is that the JETS will get much of the same from the Bills. Tight, short passing with an occassional deep ball, and a fist full of Fred Jackson running, and catching. The Jets have no answer for Freddie out of the back field with as much blitzing as they do, and Chandler will cause them some headaches..

Will be a good game, but if our D can upset Sanchez by forcing him to pass, we stand to win this game going away, IMO.

Tim-

Now guys, let's quit all the pointless chatter and get down to brass tax...Mr. J-e-t-s, 39 posts in just over 24 hours?? well done!

Thanks. Better than studying for midterms all the time right now. :thumbsup:

SJ is not the fastest receiver in the league by far, but watching film on him you'll see he's very good, if not magnificent as being clever. His moves to avoid the (stuff) at the line are among the best I've ever seen. He's not going to take Revis deep that's for sure, but I'll bet he catches at least 4 passes, and 3 for first downs.. Chan might test Cromartie early and often to see what kind of a game he's having and how he's playing receivers. Crom is hot and cold sometimes, and he plays off the line a lot. In the jets favor, other than an inexperienced CJ Spiller the Bills have no burner in the receiving corps.. I doubt Chan will send CJ into Revis territory, but he is faster than Revis which could be an interesting matchup if we're ahead by a bunch?

My guess is that the JETS will get much of the same from the Bills. Tight, short passing with an occassional deep ball, and a fist full of Fred Jackson running, and catching. The Jets have no answer for Freddie out of the back field with as much blitzing as they do, and Chandler will cause them some headaches..

Will be a good game, but if our D can upset Sanchez by forcing him to pass, we stand to win this game going away, IMO.

Tim-

It doesn't matter what the receiver does. Revis shut down Stevie last year, and I don't think Fitz will feel the need to throw his way (hopefully he does). Revis excels at covering almost everything.

They'll give up 1 big play to Jackson most likely.

I don't think your D will generate a pass rush. They're averaging 2 sacks/game this year, and without the amazing Skins game (which I do give you credit for) it's a 1/2 sack per game. That's just not good enough against the finally healthy Jets O-line, which can be amazing when it needs to.

The Jets stand to win this game going away as well, if the offense clicks and the defense shuts down the Bills O as I expect. :)

But Rex gave the players more of a vacation the last couple of byes, this one he's given them a sense of urgency.

Wrong.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/No-Staycation-for-the-Jets-This-Year-132728868.html

When the Jets returned from the bye week this year, they talked a lot about how rested and ready they were for a date with the Packers.

Then they went out and played one of their worst games in the Rex Ryan era in a 9-0 loss to the Packers. That made it two straight post-bye losses for Ryan after a 24-22 loss to a mediocre Jags team in his first season that helped push the Jets to 4-6 and the brink of irrelevancy.

The common thread between those two losses, besides the Jets playing pretty poorly each time, is that the Jets took a six-day vacation during the bye week each time. The new CBA requires four days off for every team this year, but the Jets, uncowed by history, are going the extra mile and giving the team six days off once again.

Edited by NJBuffFan

That's why we fans love to talk. We're not actually playing the games I suppose. I'm not one of those fans that watches only his team. I watch every game, and I pay attention. It really is going to come down to who is better in the trenches. Our Dline vs. your Oline, and or your Dline against our Oline. I like our chances at both scenarios, frankly.

Tim-

Wrong.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/No-Staycation-for-the-Jets-This-Year-132728868.html

When the Jets returned from the bye week this year, they talked a lot about how rested and ready they were for a date with the Packers.

Then they went out and played one of their worst games in the Rex Ryan era in a 9-0 loss to the Packers. That made it two straight post-bye losses for Ryan after a 24-22 loss to a mediocre Jags team in his first season that helped push the Jets to 4-6 and the brink of irrelevancy.

The common thread between those two losses, besides the Jets playing pretty poorly each time, is that the Jets took a six-day vacation during the bye week each time. The new CBA requires four days off for every team this year, but the Jets, uncowed by history, are going the extra mile and giving the team six days off once again.

Well, this year the players do need it more (with more injuries than years past), though I do admit I was wrong about it. We'll see if it works this time. A 2 game sample isn't necessarily what yo uwant to use as a future indicator.

That's why we fans love to talk. We're not actually playing the games I suppose. I'm not one of those fans that watches only his team. I watch every game, and I pay attention. It really is going to come down to who is better in the trenches. Our Dline vs. your Oline, and or your Dline against our Oline. I like our chances at both scenarios, frankly.

Tim-

The Jets O-line is probably one of the best in the league with Mangold back - they played like it against the Bolts. I think the Jets win that battle.

Your O-line is slightly better than our D-line though. Ours is pretty young, and mostly rotational players (the rooks Ellis and Wilkerson are looking good though)

Really? He's improved more this season honestly.

Are you playing games or have your jets goggles really blinded you? Jets hoped he improved and tried letting Him throw it more earlier and after 3 losses and a gift win from romo, Rex ran around town saying how they had to get back to their running game.

Are you playing games or have your jets goggles really blinded you? Jets hoped he improved and tried letting Him throw it more earlier and after 3 losses and a gift win from romo, Rex ran around town saying how they had to get back to their running game.

Bills had a gift win from the Pats too, Brady gave it away. <_<

Well the experiment failed, IMO, because of the personnel change with the short offseason; Sanchez needed time to adjust, and the coaching staff didn't realize that. Even without that he's been playing well in general (the Ravens game was an anamoly, tbh).

Don't believe everything the media tells you.

Well, this year the players do need it more (with more injuries than years past), though I do admit I was wrong about it. We'll see if it works this time. A 2 game sample isn't necessarily what yo uwant to use as a future indicator.

The Jets O-line is probably one of the best in the league with Mangold back - they played like it against the Bolts. I think the Jets win that battle.

Your O-line is slightly better than our D-line though. Ours is pretty young, and mostly rotational players (the rooks Ellis and Wilkerson are looking good though)

Maybe, but they don't win it inside. Going to be tough to push our boys around inside, JETS.. I'd very surprised if you gained 75 on the ground Sunday? Washington or not, the young guys are brimming with confidence right now. Depends on if the refs are going to call the holds. I saw a report by the AP that said the Bills were the most held team in the NFL this year. Looking at film as a fan you have to shake it off I suppose, but we both know Mangold is perhaps the biggest holder in the NFL at least he is in the AFC East.. We all know Mangold very well, so you're not exactly giving us any insight into this team, JETS? True fans know what we're up against, and I'm saying that if both teams bring their A game, it will be a fun game to watch, but the Bills come out on top, IMO. If the Jets don't show up, we win by a 10 or more.. If we go up early by two touchdowns and force the jets to get away from the run game; this will work in our favor, NOT yours.

Tim-

Maybe, but they don't win it inside. Going to be tough to push our boys around inside, JETS.. I'd very surprised if you gained 75 on the ground Sunday? Washington or not, the young guys are brimming with confidence right now. Depends on if the refs are going to call the holds. I saw a report by the AP that said the Bills were the most held team in the NFL this year. Looking at film as a fan you have to shake it off I suppose, but we both know Mangold is perhaps the biggest holder in the NFL at least he is in the AFC East.. We all know Mangold very well, so you're not exactly giving us any insight into this team, JETS? True fans know what we're up against, and I'm saying that if both teams bring their A game, it will be a fun game to watch, but the Bills come out on top, IMO. If the Jets don't show up, we win by a 10 or more.. If we go up early by two touchdowns and force the jets to get away from the run game; this will work in our favor, NOT yours.

Tim-

Bills are 19th in the league in rush yards against. Not exactly a powerhouse. Mangold holds ocassionaly, but I think every O-lineman does, so it's not like you can use it against him.

So Jets have no chance according to you? I'd say the Jets have more talent and equal coaching - if both teams bring their A game the Jets probably come out on top. There's a lot of IFs there. Also, the Jets have made plently of comebacks in the 2nd half (see: San Diego 2 weeks ago, many games last year). Point being, you're writing off the Jets a lot which is surprising.

I live in teh NY/NJ metro area, as a Bills fan I'm worried the most this week not b/c of the difficulty of the opponent, but because of the crap I'll have to listen to on WFAN and 1050Espn radio for 2-3 weeks until we play them again if heaven forbid we lose.

Listen guys, we've beaten the Patriots, Eagles, Raiders..all of them I think are a bit better than the Jets. So screw this "they're going to run all over us" kool-aid they're drinking, the Bills have proven themselves as serious contenders at this point.

Stop the run + get to the quarterback = VICTORY.

Lets !@#$ing do this!!!

The Raiders lost a very winnable game, and the Patriots choked away that game with Brady's 4 interceptions. No way the Bills should have those! Obviously they suck!

Come on, you can't use that as an argument.

As someone who saw all four of those games I think it's fair to say they all could've gone the other way. But I really thought the Dallas game was the only one where the winning team was pretty clearly manhandled. What they didn't show on the NE highlights was the Bills moving the ball when it was 21-0 and having their first two drives stalled on a tipped ball int and a silly chop-block (I guess the Charger game was similar in that respect). Also, you guys haven't been that competitive in your losses.