Best Moments as a fan of the Buffalo Bills

LGB

Bills down by four, no time-outs and Odomes gets the ball back...the look on Marino's face was classic - as was the last play for HOFer # 12.

Great choice; that's about as geeked as I've ever been watching a ballgame on TV. I actually ran right through a sliding screen door when Kelly scored. :lol:

Here's another from when it all kind of started. See if you can find yourself in the on-field mayhem. I know exactly where I'm at but the pic quality is too grainy to pick out the right individual.

Bills beat the Jets in OT for the AFC East.

This one's easy: Halftime @ the Stadium during 51-3 1st AFC Championship win. It was 41-3 and EVERYBODY was beside themselves with rapture!! We're going to the Super Bowl!!!!!!

I gotta agree, Chandler. It was a magical day. The weather, the mood of the whole country with Desert Storm and all and the Bills giving Schroeder and company a huge beatdown. An unbelievable feeling to know we were finally going to the big one.

I saw the thread on the worst moment I've had and thought, too, that this feels like a time to think of the best moment. I feel good about this team now. I want to think about good things. The Miami game was the first thing I thought about, too. Good times. I kinda get that vibe again with this team. It isn't so much I know it, but I feel it. When Kelly dove over that goal line, after I stopped screaming, I said this is gonna be special. I'm starting to get that feeling again. It wasn't so much that I knew they were going to go to a Super Bowl (or four), but I knew then they were a good team. I'm getting that feeling back.

Beating the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins in 1993.

Beating the Cowboys in Texas Stadium 13-10, rendering them 0-2 after Jerry Jones refused to bow to Emmitt Smith's contract demands was one of the greatest moments I have ever witnessed. The face he made right after (the b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b mouth thingy) is forever etched in my mind! :thumbsup:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199309120dal.htm

Edited by BmoreBills

I gotta agree, Chandler. It was a magical day. The weather, the mood of the whole country with Desert Storm and all and the Bills giving Schroeder and company a huge beatdown. An unbelievable feeling to know we were finally going to the big one.

That was great, and

was unbillievable. For me, it was the realization that the Bills were really in the SB.

It was a good game also, even down to the last play...

Edited by LGB

Comeback game. Not even the end. After we scored the first time, got the onsides kick and scored again right away. We were still down a ton but there was this palpable feeling across the stadium that we were going to pull it off. The crescendo built from there. Excellent.

Best moments in person at the Ralph:

1988 - Jets division clincher game. You just knew it was the start of something special.

1990 - Denver comeback game where Biscuit returned the blocked field goal. Rich Stadium was freaking rocking.

1991 - AFC championship game vs. Raiders

1993 - the Comeback

2002 - Miami blizzard game where Moulds and Price both put up long TDs in the snow. Was my wife's first Bills game and first time in the snow (she's from SoCal).

1988 - Jets division clincher game. You just knew it was the start of something special.

1990 - Denver comeback game where Biscuit returned the blocked field goal. Rich Stadium was freaking rocking.

1993 - the Comeback

2002 - Miami blizzard game where Moulds and Price both put up long TDs in the snow. Was my wife's first Bills game and first time in the snow (she's from SoCal).

Tried to get the comeback game on DVD at the Bills store at camp the last couple of years, but they didn't have it - even though they were playing it on their TV. They told me to look on EBAY - LOL.

Superbowl XXVII, when Don Beebe came out of nowhere and chased down that fat pig Leon Lett (who was too busy showboating to pay attention to what was happening behind him) to prevent that fat f'ing Dallas pig from scoring on a fumble recorvery.

I couldn't agree more. That victory over the Raiders in the AFC Championship was tremendous. My buddy & I, just out of college at the time, had smuggled a bottle of booze each into the stadium. We vowed to take a pull each time the Bills scored. Needless to say, we were totaled by the end of the first half. After the rout was over, as we made our way back to the car, 97 Rock or another local station was *blasting* "Southbound" by the Allman Brothers in lot somewhere on Abbott Road to celebrate the fact the Bills were headed to Tampa for our first Super Bowl appearance. There had to be 300 Bills fans dancing their happy a**es off in that lot. That song forever will remind me of that blissfully happy moment. Good times...May there be many, many more...

Edited by walstib

I remember the Raiders 51-3 games like it was yesterday.

The "No Punt" game against the 49ers where Thurman Thomas killed them rushing and receiving.

The 44-34 Playoff game against the Dolphins in Buffalo in the snow where Andre Reed took a crossing route like he did so many times and simply angled away from the defender for a 60 something yard TD...

The comeback against the Oilers in the playoffs where I was the only person in the house still listening to the game because the rest of my family had given up hope...

The Monday night game against the Rams where Frank Reich engineered a late 4th quarter comeback to win.

Definitely the opening Miami game the poster referenced in the opening post.

The 29-3 game where Kelly returned against Miami in the playoffs and screened them to death with Thurman Thomas...

Patriots 31-0 game...

I am sure there were more, but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head...

Edited by matter2003

Beating the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins in 1993.

Beating the Cowboys in Texas Stadium 13-10, rendering them 0-2 after Jerry Jones refused to bow to Emmitt Smith's contract demands was one of the greatest moments I have ever witnessed. The face he made right after (the b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b mouth thingy) is forever etched in my mind! :thumbsup:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199309120dal.htm

Matt Darby with the pick in the endzone :thumbsup:

1993 - the Comeback

That was such a fun game. Ricky Williams scored a like 70 yard TD on the first play and ended up rushing for 250 yards or something but the Bills just kept beating them. Ray Lucas, Sage Rosenfels and Jay Fieldler all played I remember

This one's easy: Halftime @ the Stadium during 51-3 1st AFC Championship win. It was 41-3 and EVERYBODY was beside themselves with rapture!! We're going to the Super Bowl!!!!!!

Exactly - I couldn't have described it more perfectly. Just standing there - everyone delerious with happiness - We're going to the Friggin Super Bowl!

There have been some great moments. I think the loudest, most thrilling game ever for me was 1973 MNF vs. Oakland when Joe Ferguson was a rookie and we had Ahmad Rashad, and there were about 4 lead changes in the last 2 minutes. George Blanda missed a 50 yard field goal as time expired. I lost my voice.

Yes, I am old.

There have been some great moments. I think the loudest, most thrilling game ever for me was 1973 MNF vs. Oakland when Joe Ferguson was a rookie and we had Ahmad Rashad, and there were about 4 lead changes in the last 2 minutes. George Blanda missed a 50 yard field goal as time expired. I lost my voice.

Yes, I am old.

I remember that game, although I had to give up my ticket because I had a big exam the following day. My girlfriend kept talking about what a great game it was. In fact she talked about it so much that I gave her the heave-ho 'cause I couldn't stand it any more.

Best moments at RWS...

1974 - MNF vs Oakland. Wildest game I've ever been at. The ageless George Blanda could have won the game at the end, but missed the FG.

1980 - Breaking the 10 year losing streak against Miami and going on the field afterwards.

1990 - MNF vs. Bengals. Kelly throws 5 td passes.

1990 - AFC Championship game against the Raiders.

2003 - Milloy becomes a Bill and they trounce the Patriots 31-0.

Best games overall(in addition to those listed above)

- The no punt game @ SF.

- Kelly beating Miami on the last play of the game(QB draw).

- OJ breaks the 2000 yard mark against the NYJ.

- The "comeback". Watched it a bar called the Trolley Stop which was on Main St.(or Washington) on the site of the HSBC Arena First Niagara Center.

Edited by LabattBlue

That was such a fun game. Ricky Williams scored a like 70 yard TD on the first play and ended up rushing for 250 yards or something but the Bills just kept beating them. Ray Lucas, Sage Rosenfels and Jay Fieldler all played I remember

This was also my very first game at the Ralph, and other than being deployed in '07 I've been ever year since, traveling from MA and NJ, respectively. I'll never forget Jim Kelly being shown on the Jumbotron waiving a towel to pump everyone up, I went bananas.

And of course, there is 2003 opener, 31-0 drubbing of the Pats. Too bad it got turned around on us :( I still enjoyed the day though, and rode back to Massachusetts with a bus full of upset Patriots fans :)

Yes, that was the pinnacle for me. Froze my ass off and lost my voice, but what a great feeling...

Yes, I am old.

I just noticed we share the same great memory. I am old too. :D

The Super Bowl days were surely glory days.....

I will keep to the best moment to recent times....Just 3 seasons ago.....

Week 1 - Beat up a hapless Seattle, sort of like the blow out this Sunday against the Chiefs

Week 2 - Go to Jacksonville and beat them with a game winning TD

Week 3 - Oakland - Down all day, but make a great drive at the end of the game for the game winner

Week 4 - @ Rams - Another easy win after stuttering in the 1st quarter.

Week 5

Week 6 - Beat San Diego, a quality team, with a very balanced attack. Edwards was awesome after coming back from the concussion. This was also the weird game where the power went off taking the scoreboard with it. The guys were playing football like Street football...only call signs. Our defense made great plays to

We were 5-1 and top of the world. Everyone said that we just need to go .500 rest of the 10 games and playoffs was a sure thing with a 10 win season...We won 2 games the rest of the way and spiraled to another classic Dick Jauronish 7-9 season..

But on that Autumn Sunday, we were all on top of the world with a 5-1 record....Best moments indeed.

I'm 33, so i won't mention the obvious candidates... But my earliest memories begin w hen the bills were god awful in the early 80's.

-Jim Kelly's welcome parade. Happened on my 8th birthday.

-Clinching the AFC East in 1990 against the Dolphins with Frank Reich at the helm.

-Halftime of Super Bowl XXVIII. I distinctly remember stepping out of the party scene and going to my room. It took me about 5 minutes to get myself under enough control to come back out, because I knew that this was our moment. We had the Cowboys on the ropes. I'll never forgive Thurman for fumbling away our only Super Bowl victory.

-The snow game against the dolphins in 03 (or was it 02?) It was great. When it started to snow, the fans spontaneously began singing "let it snow". It truly was a winter wonderland that day.

Older ones that people have not mentioned yet.

1980 vs the Rams We win in OT..and several Bills including Freddy come out from the locker room and start to do a Rockets type dance to celebrate with the fans with Talking Proud blaring over the loud speakers.Competes with Slump Buster and 51-3 as best times at Ralph!! (I think this game clinched us a division title..we were going to the playoffs!!! )

1984(?) Beat the Cowboys for our first win. I was sitting in a hospital waiting room in Grove City PA with a busted arm..and this game was on the TV. Tinker takes it to the house for 80 yards first play of the game..we never trailed from there. They called me about mid way through the 2nd quarter..i told them to wait..we didn't get many games in Pittsburgh back then, no sports bars or satellites either..i was not going to miss this bonus after one rough Saturday night..

Edited by plenzmd1

Bills winning the AFC championship in 1964 over Sna Diego.

Mike Stratton, THE hit.

Watching the 51-3 AFC championship in the sports book at Caesar's

Palace in Las Vegas. The room was full of Raider fans and a

few of us Bills fans.

After half time we had the place to ourselves.

Plus Mrs. Lew hit a big win at the slot machine.

Mine is the comeback game. I remember turning off the game when the Bills were getting slaughtered. About 15 minutes later I went to the mall, and saw on the Tvs for sale at an appliance store that we were comming back from a huge deficit. Frank was the perfect back up now that you think about it. Everyone in the store was crowding around the Tvs to witness the best comeback in NFL history. The glory days.

The Comeback Game. Without a doubt. Stayed till the end only because I paid for the ticket and I was getting my money's worth. Glad I'm thickheaded. No one talks about how the weather played a role at key times for the Bills. Greatest game ever.

I became a Bills fan because of my friendship with

the AWESOME Aussiew. My favorite Bills moment

was my first road trip with Aussiew to see them play

Charlotte in October of 2009. Bills WON the game!! I believe it was one of the first games Fitz started after

Trent was knocked out in Arizona. Walking down the

upper deck ramp chanting "Let's Go Buffalo" over

and over brought chills to me!!! That day the Bills

officially became my ""associate"" team.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

The year the Jets won the Super Bowl the Bills won one game. They beat the Jets in the Rockpile, intercepting Nmath 5 times. I think Tommy Janik took one back about 90 some yards for a TD. I has $3.00 end zone seats, and I thought the place was going to either fall down or be torn down by the fans. One brief shining moment in a dismal year.