Torell Troup is Horrible

papazoid

Papazoid - you there? I'll take any bet you'd like to make. You say that Troup won't make it. I say he's our #2 NT who sees *a lot* of time and you'll be forced to admit you were wrong by the end of the year, if not sooner. You can talk all you want about how you isolated him with binoculars. I isolated him with my HD Sony Bravia and saw a guy doing his job consistently. Look at the 3 and out series from the Lions' goal line for example. Who is that guy who executes a perfect swim move to force the QB to make a hurried throw, falling harmlessly to the turf? And who is the guy who beats a double team and stuffs the RB? Troup, then Troup. He was a factor all night. I counted ONE play where he was taken out of a play in such a way that he'd probably want it back. One. And that'll happen to anybody.

Offer stands...I like an easy bet.

Edited by nodnarb

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's two people on here who want to say that Dareus is a home run, and he hasn't even played a regular season game yet.

If thats true then I want to be the third person saying that Dareus is a home run!

I have seen enough out of him to know that the dude is a man and will handle all of this well. I think you're a crackpot for thinking anything less.

Hey I'm not just trying to say you're wrong. I want to make clear that I think you are !@#$ed up.

If thats true then I want to be the third person saying that Dareus is a home run!

I have seen enough out of him to know that the dude is a man and will handle all of this well. I think you're a crackpot for thinking anything less.

Hey I'm not just trying to say you're wrong. I want to make clear that I think you are !@#$ed up.

I'll be the 4th. Anyone else?

While there are superstars like Suh and hopefully Dareus who make immediate impacts- DTs like WRs generally blossom in their third season- I'm old enough to remember a time in the NFL when there wasn't such pressure for young players to be immediate stars, I wonder if the rookie pay cap will allow young players more development time in the future.

Follow the thread, oh !%#^ed up one......I do think Dareus is going to be great. Go have another beer.

Do you get a prize for saying a player sucks first? Because I got dibs on next year's 1st rounder!

But this is our version of jeopardy but rather then saying what is or who is as in jeopardy you have to use phrases such as- if you think --- then you know nothing about football--- or any generic line that can be said fitting in phrases like Ralph is cheap, High Motor white guy,or Buddy and Chan dont know how to build a team.

The funniest part about the OP's odd rant is that i have spoken with 3 friends, 2 at the game (independent of each other) and one who watched on TV, and all 3 of them, when i asked generically about the DL, was that Troup looked pretty good and was better than he has been this pre season. This follows suit with what many posters have said in this thread.

Seems like the OP is justr making up falsehoods because he has an axe to grind.

I also thought Troup played well, I was thinking that our D-line was going to have good starters and great depth.

i isolated and watched every move/play when he was on the field. he gets absolutely no push.....he's not gonna make it in this league....heck, Kellen Heard played better than Troup.....troup did make two nice plays later in the game against the third stringers, but when he was in early against the starters, he did nothing. i don't care what he did in the off season, he looks weak. the only positive thing i saw, was a technique issue change from last year, where he has stopped the bending of his left knee, which put all of his weight on his right side. he now attempts leverage in a balanced stance, but he still gets zero push.

Try isolating Drayton Florence some time! He can make any of the Bill's defenders look like a pro-bowler! Florence is the biggest wase of 15 million in the leagure bar-none!

Dude, dialogue is always good. It's a freaking dialogue board.

Dialogue IS good. And that is why I come here. But what some guys spew here, specifically, ranting about Spiller being a bust at this stage of the game, isn't dialogue. It's just annoying. You want dialogue. Let's talk about spillers first run of 27 yards in the last game and what a thing of beauty it was. The kid is going to be special. If he can break a couple of those a game, watch out. We are going to be dangerous. It would be nice for a change for some of the haters to accept that Spiller is on our team now. And instead of bitching and moaning that it was a bad pick, get behind the man and hope for him to become a star for our football team. He is a BILL now. One of US. Would u rather be right that we shouldn't have picked him? or would you like him to be a stud runner and a homerun threat that they envisioned when they picked him? I'm guessing the few who really hated the pick would rather just be right. Anyway, this is a Troup thread and I didn't mean to go into the spiller thing.

So, as for Troup, now that I saw the game. I certainly disagree with papazoid even more. Couldn't be more night and day with our opinions on how Troup played. I'm thinking his binoculars need a little cleaning maybe.

Agreed Dave. What should we discuss? Hey.....what's your favorite color?

Constructive dialogue is always good. Taking personal potshots at players is not necessary. I hope you remember that. I know I have been guilty of it as well.

Edited by EC-Bills

Papazoid - you there? I'll take any bet you'd like to make. You say that Troup won't make it. I say he's our #2 NT who sees *a lot* of time and you'll be forced to admit you were wrong by the end of the year, if not sooner. You can talk all you want about how you isolated him with binoculars. I isolated him with my HD Sony Bravia and saw a guy doing his job consistently. Look at the 3 and out series from the Lions' goal line for example. Who is that guy who executes a perfect swim move to force the QB to make a hurried throw, falling harmlessly to the turf? And who is the guy who beats a double team and stuffs the RB? Troup, then Troup. He was a factor all night. I counted ONE play where he was taken out of a play in such a way that he'd probably want it back. One. And that'll happen to anybody.

Offer stands...I like an easy bet.

i'm laffin....troup had 1 solo tackle and one assisted tackle against detroit's 2nd & 3rd stringers.....and this was by far his best game, which is not saying much. i said McCargo wouldn't make it in this league and he hung around for 5 years. So Troup is safe for awhile. he is listed as our #2 NT on the depth chart and it will stay that way, otherwise buddy has to admit he made a mistake. Troup won't see much action anyways except on special teams. but when he does come in on defense (less than 10 plays a game) just watch him get manhandled. i know i'll be watching.

I watched the game his morning and do not see what the OP was talking about. I thought Troup looked pretty good myself, much better than last year. I think he is coming along nicely.

I did the same thing, watched last nights broadcast with an eye on Troup, and thought he played extremely well. Not sure who the OP was watching?

Edited by wnyguy

I watched the game his morning and do not see what the OP was talking about. I thought Troup looked pretty good myself, much better than last year. I think he is coming along nicely.

I did the same thing, watched last nights broadcast with an eye on Troup, and thought he played extremely well. Not sure who the OP was watching?

Yeah, but were you guys watching with binoculars? :P Seriously, I watched things this morning and thought Troup did well.

Follow the thread, oh !%#^ed up one......I do think Dareus is going to be great. Go have another beer.

Ok I think he is a home run even before he has played a game. You dont. I'm following....

Guessing you're a fat kid. Hey go get another twinkie out of the box.

Take it easy man. I won't bother you again. We can both enjoy what Dareus is going to bring to the table this year for us.

Dialogue between smart people is always good. Message boards, not so much.

Dude, exactly what is your expectation when you log-in here?... to NOT hear the same rhetoric spewed out by 75+ different people?...that's why I mostly comment on others comments... If I don't have something original to say, at least I try to provide some levity and/or questions for people who have far more knowledge about the game than I... but I won't stoop so low (yet) as to link to peter pan's site... I'll leave that as an outlet for others to exploit... Until then, I will religiously follow the Bills and hope for the best, but in the most realistic manner I can summon...

Ok I think he is a home run even before he has played a game. You dont. I'm following....

Guessing you're a fat kid. Hey go get another twinkie out of the box.

Take it easy man. I won't bother you again. We can both enjoy what Dareus is going to bring to the table this year for us.

Sorry, you're not following at all. I'll spell it out for you. I said we haven't hit a home run in the top rounds in ten years - except for Lee Evans........Doc gives a smart ass emoticon and says Dareus?............I said that I'm not counting somebody yet who hasn't played a single regular season game yet. I think he's going to be great, but you don't get to be All Pro by what you look like in preseason. I love the pick, but I'm not saying it's a home run until he actually hits the ball.

Somebody else then says regarding Spiller - how can you call him a bust - he's only played one season. And, that's when I said there's two people on here who are already claiming Dareus as a home run and he hasn't even played a real game yet. (Get it - some people think it's too early to judge Spiller after 16 games, yet others think it's not too early to call Dareus a home run before even one).

Then, you come in what I figured to be drunk and act like a total ahole. But, maybe you weren't drunk, since you're still an ahole with the stupid twinkie crack. Yeah, I'm a kid - I've been going to games since 1968. I hope you are a kid, because if not, I'm sure you are a total detriment to society.

I also have watched a good bit of Troup, not as closely as some, but i recall early reports from camp said he had improved upper body and his hand work was developing well.

I thought it ironic that just about next thing i knew... broken hand. So much for his improved skill that Chan spoke of. Since he is still playing hard as he is with a BIG handicap..

He is going to be purty darn good if he keeps improving as he has.

He appears hard to move. Thats good for the man on the nose imo

i'm laffin....troup had 1 solo tackle and one assisted tackle against detroit's 2nd & 3rd stringers.....and this was by far his best game, which is not saying much. i said McCargo wouldn't make it in this league and he hung around for 5 years. So Troup is safe for awhile. he is listed as our #2 NT on the depth chart and it will stay that way, otherwise buddy has to admit he made a mistake. Troup won't see much action anyways except on special teams. but when he does come in on defense (less than 10 plays a game) just watch him get manhandled. i know i'll be watching.

Inaccurate and useless post. Do you even understand the NT position? Let's do this play by play - you'll have to eat your words. Troup performed very well in this game, and has done nothing to support your "thesis", for lack of a more fitting and lesser word, that he is "horrible".

Are you Jasper's girlfriend or something?

I re-watched the game and with all due respect to papazoid, this thread is hot garbage. Carry on.

While I agree with you that Papazoid is full of himself and something else, "all due respect"? Why is papazoid due any respect? He has said nothing to earn my respect, but hey - I'm just one guy with a pair of eyes.

Edited by nodnarb

Sorry, you're not following at all. I'll spell it out for you. I said we haven't hit a home run in the top rounds in ten years - except for Lee Evans........Doc gives a smart ass emoticon and says Dareus?............I said that I'm not counting somebody yet who hasn't played a single regular season game yet. I think he's going to be great, but you don't get to be All Pro by what you look like in preseason. I love the pick, but I'm not saying it's a home run until he actually hits the ball.

Somebody else then says regarding Spiller - how can you call him a bust - he's only played one season. And, that's when I said there's two people on here who are already claiming Dareus as a home run and he hasn't even played a real game yet. (Get it - some people think it's too early to judge Spiller after 16 games, yet others think it's not too early to call Dareus a home run before even one).

Then, you come in what I figured to be drunk and act like a total ahole. But, maybe you weren't drunk, since you're still an ahole with the stupid twinkie crack. Yeah, I'm a kid - I've been going to games since 1968. I hope you are a kid, because if not, I'm sure you are a total detriment to society.

And I'm an ahole? Nice! :lol: Since you are not a kid I'm sorry I [...]

Dont judge someone by their name alone on here.

Oh and by the way, It's too early too label Spiller a bust but I want to tell you before he has played his 1st game that Dareus is a first ballot hall of famer.

Have a nice whatever dude.

You've obviously got the IQ of a turnip. And, yeah - you are an ahole and you don't even know it. You come in, don't even know what we're talking about, and then proceed not only to attack what you thought was my position (which it wasn't) but to also call me a bunch of names.

Why am I even telling you this. You won't understand and you'll bring up some other thing that isn't germane to what is being talked about.

I know this, not because I'm judging your name, but because I'm judging your obvious lack of intelligence.

You've obviously got the IQ of a turnip. And, yeah - you are an ahole and you don't even know it. You come in, don't even know what we're talking about, and then proceed not only to attack what you thought was my position (which it wasn't) but to also call me a bunch of names.

Why am I even telling you this. You won't understand and you'll bring up some other thing that isn't germane to what is being talked about.

I know this, not because I'm judging your name, but because I'm judging your obvious lack of intelligence.

The end.

• 2 months later...

now that troup is healthy i can start raggin on him again....

he is HORRIBLE....gets handled one on one and turns his back to the blocker.....can't even tie up the blocker without a holding penalty..

when his contract is up...he'll be gone.

even Kellen Heard is better than troup...

this defense cant get pressure on the qb or stop the run....

we need to draft another defensive lineman with our first pick.

m. dareus and k. williams are keepers.....everyone after that is garbage.

even Kellen Heard is better than troup...

this defense cant get pressure on the qb or stop the run....

we need to draft another defensive lineman with our first pick.

m. dareus and k. williams are keepers.....everyone after that is garbage.

Carrington is far from garbage. At worst, he's going to be solid depth.

Carrington is far from garbage. At worst, he's going to be solid depth.

Just what you look for when you use a top half of the 3rd round pick on a guy. He's looking like the best player in that 2010 class, and he doesn't start until Kyle Williams get hurt.