Torell Troup is Horrible

papazoid

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least the Spiller is a bust crowd has died down for now. Except for Thoner of course.

What I like about the "Spiller is a bust" crowd is that they bring about debate, and are making predictions.

Btw, I think that Spiller was a dumbass selection and that he will probably be a huge bust. He wasn't as stupid a pick as Maybin or omg Whitner, but close imo.

I won't go into the times I was correct about Bills draft picks, but I openly admit that I thought RJ would be a fine QB, and that the Bills were right to cut ties with Pat Williams. :doh:

Either way, the dialogue is a good thing, ya know? :thumbsup:

If you are referring to Evans, he was a decent pick but very far from a home run. It wasn't the greatest draft, but we passed on Wilfork and Carey. Posters on this board were screaming for both of them, particularly R.Rich and BADOLBILZ.

It will never cease to amaze me how year after year, posters on a message board have better draft records than the Bills General Managers. It would seem impossible.

If that were true then it is a knock more so against these posters. They clearly chose the wrong career path, choosing their current jobs over the life in the white collar side of the NFL. Not only that, you continue to be a Bills fan and use TBD to try and convince us the team is headed in the wrong direction for free. GM's sometimes chose the wrong players, but fans sometimes chose the wrong team apparently. :beer:

Man, that's some great binocular skills you have. I don't think I'd be able to glean that much info with all the bodies flying around holding binoculars from a great distance. With your honing in on Troup every play, did you find any time to take a look at the other players? And just how many snaps did the first unit get? just curious.

isolating on one player is what i like to do at games. i'm a +25 year season ticket holder. when the play is over , i look at the jumbotron for a replay of the big picture. i always DVR the game and watch it later for the normal perspective. as far as looking at other players, on defense NO, it's just too hard trying to follow more than one player per play, but on offense i watched the LT Hairston the whole game, he did not start (Bell did) but got in the game very early and looked really good. his future looks bright.

Meanwhile, Sean Cody starts for the Ravens....but..but...but Buddy walks on water!!!

So quick to be a jerk you couldn't even get the name right. It's Terrance Cody, and him starting in Baltimore is no indicator of Troups play or how they compare. If the Bills drafted Cody instead he'd still be behind Kyle Williams on the depth chart, and you'd still be complaining.

isolating on one player is what i like to do at games. i'm a +25 year season ticket holder. when the play is over , i look at the jumbotron for a replay of the big picture. i always DVR the game and watch it later for the normal perspective. as far as looking at other players, on defense NO, it's just too hard trying to follow more than one player per play, but on offense i watched the LT Hairston the whole game, he did not start (Bell did) but got in the game very early and looked really good. his future looks bright.

Now I'm calling BS. Hairston looked reallyl good? Would that be the play he completely missed the DE? I mean he saw the DE coming(at least i hope he did) and chose instead to double Rhineharts guy, which Rhinehart had blocke and didnt need help. Or the one where he got bull rushed into Thigpen? Oh and he looked absolutely fabulous on run blocking too didn't he?

I mean he looked OK at best. And that wa against the 3s and 4s. To sit there and say he looked really good but saying Troup looked "horrible" is showing how completely biased your opinion is.

So quick to be a jerk you couldn't even get the name right. It's Terrance Cody, and him starting in Baltimore is no indicator of Troups play or how they compare. If the Bills drafted Cody instead he'd still be behind Kyle Williams on the depth chart, and you'd still be complaining.

Terrance Cody was all SEC NT on a championship team coached by Nick Saban in a 3-4 defense.

KW is better suited to play 3 technique and played there at LSU and all of his years in the NFL except one.

Who is complaining? I've consistently said that I don't like Nix's "vision" or most of his decisions. That's not complaining, that's my opinion. If you noticed, there is not one of player that he drafted from '10 that is a sure starter in their second year. The Bills '10 draft class had the 3rd least amount of starts last year in the NFL. Those are facts. I'm glad you're fine with it though.

You hate hearing the truth.

Edited by John Cocktosten

Now I'm calling BS. Hairston looked reallyl good? Would that be the play he completely missed the DE? I mean he saw the DE coming(at least i hope he did) and chose instead to double Rhineharts guy, which Rhinehart had blocke and didnt need help. Or the one where he got bull rushed into Thigpen? Oh and he looked absolutely fabulous on run blocking too didn't he?

I mean he looked OK at best. And that wa against the 3s and 4s. To sit there and say he looked really good but saying Troup looked "horrible" is showing how completely biased your opinion is.

that was a mental error by Hairston.....which can be fixed much easier that a lack of physical talent.....on run plays Hairston got good push....as far as biased goes....i am absolutely convinced that Troup is not going to make it in this league...it was obvious to me last year and it is obvious to me based on two home games this year. could he prove me wrong, of course, but i doubt it. as far as Hairston goes, i thought he looked good, first time i ever watched him, i think his future looks bright.

that was a mental error by Hairston.....which can be fixed much easier that a lack of physical talent.....on run plays Hairston got good push....as far as biased goes....i am absolutely convinced that Troup is not going to make it in this league...it was obvious to me last year and it is obvious to me based on two home games this year. could he prove me wrong, of course, but i doubt it. as far as Hairston goes, i thought he looked good, first time i ever watched him, i think his future looks bright.

Again, I'm going to have to disagree. The mental mistakes are the hardest to overcome. Most of these players coming to play the in the NFL are physical specimens. They are the best of the best as far as physically gifted athletes. In most cases, it's the mental part of the game(dropping balls, missing assignments, reading defenses/offenses) that contributes to then failing.

Again, I'm going to have to disagree. The mental mistakes are the hardest to overcome. Most of these players coming to play the in the NFL are physical specimens. They are the best of the best as far as physically gifted athletes. In most cases, it's the mental part of the game(dropping balls, missing assignments, reading defenses/offenses) that contributes to then failing.

That's true for guys that have been around a little bit, I agree, but not for rookies just learning a system (especially without minicamps). Most guys take a while to make the mental adjustment to the NFL in general and to their new team's scheme in particular.

i isolated and watched every move/play when he was on the field. he gets absolutely no push.....he's not gonna make it in this league....heck, Kellen Heard played better than Troup.....troup did make two nice plays later in the game against the third stringers, but when he was in early against the starters, he did nothing. i don't care what he did in the off season, he looks weak. the only positive thing i saw, was a technique issue change from last year, where he has stopped the bending of his left knee, which put all of his weight on his right side. he now attempts leverage in a balanced stance, but he still gets zero push.

Boy, if you think Troup is that Bad then you must think Fitz is worse than Jamarcus Russell (you have to). By the way Troup isn' t that bad you seem a lil sour about something....

If that were true then it is a knock more so against these posters. They clearly chose the wrong career path, choosing their current jobs over the life in the white collar side of the NFL. Not only that, you continue to be a Bills fan and use TBD to try and convince us the team is headed in the wrong direction for free. GM's sometimes chose the wrong players, but fans sometimes chose the wrong team apparently. :beer:

It depends which posters we are talking about. I've see people thirsty for Jimmy Clausen, Dan LeFevour and other busters. I have to say "what if" on the positive side of things. What if Spiller emerges as a bell cow this year even behind a suspect line. What if Troupe is the Kelly Gregg or Ted Washington of this defense for the next 6 years? I think it's far too early to make decisions on last years draft class.

You can drive yourself crazy with this hand-wringing and hind sighting. On the draft class of 2010, it's ridiculous.

Boy, if you think Troup is that Bad then you must think Fitz is worse than Jamarcus Russell (you have to). By the way Troup isn' t that bad you seem a lil sour about something....

i like Fitz, the job he's done coming in midseason the last two years is remarkable. i myself think he's about the 20th best QB in the nfl, not the recent 27th ranking espn gave him. having said that, if we have a shot at a franchise QB next year, i think we should grab him. Jamarcus Russell is worse than horrible, he is a complete bust. Troup is in no jeopardy of getting cut, no way buddy admits he made a mistake this early.....i mean look how long McCargo held on. i'm just sayin, i think Troup is horrible and very unlikely to get better.

The funniest part about the OP's odd rant is that i have spoken with 3 friends, 2 at the game (independent of each other) and one who watched on TV, and all 3 of them, when i asked generically about the DL, was that Troup looked pretty good and was better than he has been this pre season. This follows suit with what many posters have said in this thread.

Seems like the OP is justr making up falsehoods because he has an axe to grind.

I just find it amazing how guys sitting in the stands can see what's going on in the middle of a pile of guys, when I'm watching at home with the line zoomed in on and still can't follow everything. Even the coaches will tell you that they have to watch the tapes.

:unsure:

If you are referring to Evans, he was a decent pick but very far from a home run. It wasn't the greatest draft, but we passed on Wilfork and Carey. Posters on this board were screaming for both of them, particularly R.Rich and BADOLBILZ.

It will never cease to amaze me how year after year, posters on a message board have better draft records than the Bills General Managers. It would seem impossible.

I actually am quite sure that most of us could have had a vote and picked the top pick the last ten years, and done waaaaay better than our front office. I know who I wanted just about every year has turned out better than who the Bills wanted.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt on Evans. He really was great his first few years. I remember thinking when it was a bomb and the ball was in the air, that I hope it's Evans it's going to because he will catch it for sure. I was way more confident in him that Moulds at that point.

Terrance Cody was all SEC NT on a championship team coached by Nick Saban in a 3-4 defense.

KW is better suited to play 3 technique and played there at LSU and all of his years in the NFL except one.

Who is complaining? I've consistently said that I don't like Nix's "vision" or most of his decisions. That's not complaining, that's my opinion. If you noticed, there is not one of player that he drafted from '10 that is a sure starter in their second year. The Bills '10 draft class had the 3rd least amount of starts last year in the NFL. Those are facts. I'm glad you're fine with it though.

You hate hearing the truth.

Exactly - Cody was all SEC on a National Championship team, and Troup was 2nd team All Conference USA! Couldn't we at least have got the first team guy from that crap conference! :devil::wallbash:

I was yelling 'Gronkowski! Gronkowski!'

Chen doesnt like his TEs it seems. Lamarr Houston or B Spikes were both good and other options. O well, hes beter than Spiller.

What we really need is a waterbug tight end.

Ok so he got no push, but did he get pushed? Was he double teamed? Are the lions O line better than average? Did the other DTs get a lot of push? I didnt get to see the game tonight due to blackout. errr

He faced a few double teams and he held his own from what I saw. IMO, he did ok to have one good hand. He look stronger and a lot better then he did last year. Now Kellen Heard is a different story, he is nothing more then horrible..

Like Dareus? <_<

Shhhhhhh Doc stop making so much noise....feeding time at the two bills drive zoo

2010 draft class going into their second season features 0 starters. Can't call it a complete waste, but Spiller is a role player, Troup struggles, Carrington is being used as a super hybrid LB in sub-packages, Easley will get the nod because they have nothing but bodies at WR, and Batten and Moats are depth at this point. For a still rebuilding team, I'd expect them to have some of their 2nd year players starting.

Well, Buddy has a much higher rate of success drafting in the top 5.

I would say who peed in your cheerios this morning....but all of your posts are like this

i am absolutely convinced that Troup is not going to make it in this league...it was obvious to me last year and it is obvious to me based on two home games this year. could he prove me wrong, of course, but i doubt it.

I am not convinced Troup will be a bust. He may not be an all-pro right now, but he is much improved from last year. He was getting blown up a lot last year. This year, I haven't seen his leg buckle trying to re-establish leverage. Also, we'll see if things get better once the club/cast comes off.

Hairston looked ok. But so did Ko Simpson at one point. We need to see a much larger body of work than one game.

Meanwhile, Sean Cody starts for the Ravens....but..but...but Buddy walks on water!!!

I agree with several posters' comments that had TBD picked instead of the Bills GM, the team would be a lot better. But Troup over Cody was one that, at the time, I agreed with Buddy. Call it the "Mike Williams disease" but selecting Troup over Cody, given the latter's issues with weight, endurance and speed at the time, set off alarm bells for me of another big Mike situation. It looks like Cody has his act together now, and perhaps he would have had be come here, but again, we don't have a Ray Lewis in the house who has a habit of getting the best out of people around him.

I was yelling 'Gronkowski! Gronkowski!'

Chen doesnt like his TEs it seems. Lamarr Houston or B Spikes were both good and other options. O well, hes beter than Spiller.

I Wanted Grony too but you know Chan and a good LT would be nice.

Cody would have been a better choice even though he was FAT, the guy could play which should be the first criteria for drafting not quick first steps or "waterbug" moves. Cam Thomas would have been a good choice as well.

Id trade spiller and his contract right now for blunt hands down. We need a power back like blunt a lot more than a scat back

We have Jehuu... for at least one more day. Really don't understand why they don't give him some carries, guy was a tail back his whole career until the NFL. They see 270 and say well this guy can't run must be a fullback, guess they forgot about Christian Okoye, Bettis, Natrone means, Alstott, Leron McClain (who should still be running and not blocking) Larry Kinnebrew,etc.

What I like about the "Spiller is a bust" crowd is that they bring about debate, and are making predictions.

Btw, I think that Spiller was a dumbass selection and that he will probably be a huge bust. He wasn't as stupid a pick as Maybin or omg Whitner, but close imo.

I won't go into the times I was correct about Bills draft picks, but I openly admit that I thought RJ would be a fine QB, and that the Bills were right to cut ties with Pat Williams. :doh:

Either way, the dialogue is a good thing, ya know? :thumbsup:

The diaologue on Spiller being a bust and he has't even started his second season is a good thing? I guess it's all a matter of opinion Bill. :thumbdown:

Troup was fine last night.. the OP is off on this one. He is a NT and he ate up space.. he got pushed back once in the 1st half on a running play.. most other times the RB had to run away from where Troup stacked the line

Edited by shibuya

To all the guys clamoring for Cody, remember, he had weight and motivation issues coming out fo college. That stuff won't be tolerated in the Ravens locker room, where they have a strong vet presence that simply does not allow the younger players to slack off, not put the team first, etc.

The Bills have no such presence, so there is a very good likelihood that if Cody was on buffalo, he'd be overweight and underachieving. The way a player performs for 1 team, especially in a team sport like football, has little bearing on how he'd perform for another team. This isn't baseball. Players don't play in a vacuum.

i isolated and watched every move/play when he was on the field. he gets absolutely no push.....he's not gonna make it in this league....heck, Kellen Heard played better than Troup.....troup did make two nice plays later in the game against the third stringers, but when he was in early against the starters, he did nothing. i don't care what he did in the off season, he looks weak. the only positive thing i saw, was a technique issue change from last year, where he has stopped the bending of his left knee, which put all of his weight on his right side. he now attempts leverage in a balanced stance, but he still gets zero push.

Thanks Buddy for a sucessful 2010 Draft thus far, ughh

I wouldn't say a bust, but it doesn't look like there are any home runs. Carrington, Moats, Easley, Batten and Troup all look like possible starters/backups. Carrington, Easley or Batten may even be starting by year's end. That's not bad for their second year. I also think that Moats is being misused.

I find it disturbing (in general, not to you) that when talking about that draft that you didn't even mention Spiller...what does THAT say?

The diaologue on Spiller being a bust and he has't even started his second season is a good thing? I guess it's all a matter of opinion Bill. :thumbdown:

There's two people on here who want to say that Dareus is a home run, and he hasn't even played a regular season game yet.

I find it disturbing (in general, not to you) that when talking about that draft that you didn't even mention Spiller...what does THAT say?

Exactly. Most of the people on here hated the pick the moment it was made, and that's when we actually thought he would be Reggie Bush at the least and Chris Johnson at the best.....We just had such bigger needs.

Turns out he's not even that. What an effin waste of a pick for the hundredth year in a row.

I was going to reply to the earlier thread on Troup but I didn't want to elevate it. It's not worthy. It's almost entirely worthless as a discussion thread. I watched the same game and come to the complete opposite conclusion. He did a good job in this game even without the use of one hand. He pancaked a guard on two plays, made several solo tackles with good penetration, and did his job as a NT by holding up against double teams on several plays.

To say after this game that "Troup is terrible", you might as well say that Merriman was terrible, too. All Merriman did was get a key stop on 3rd down and make an incredible diving TFL in the span of 6 downs. Even though he has been impressive enough in a cast, let's see what Troup can do with that cast off his hand.

If you're going make a statement about a player, back it up.

Cue Deep Voice...

Edited by nodnarb