Bills Mottos by Season

Pick any of our glorious teams from 2000 on, assign them a witty and descriptive motto for that season. As always feel free to add a complementary haiku to your motto. YE OLE will start:

2007 Buffalo Bills: "It's tough to win games in the NFL"

2011 Buffalo Bills "It takes time" (Buddy Nix)

Taro! Good to see you talking some football! How ya been?

Been doin' well. Hope you are too.

Unfortunately if tonight's game was an indicator of how they'll play in the games Merriman misses, I probably won't be posting in this forum much this year. I typically prefer to do my cursing under my breath, rather than shouting it loud for all the world to hear. And unfortunately, I don't think he'll play in more than 8 games this year. Hope I'm wrong on that one.

Pick any of our glorious teams from 2000 on, assign them a witty and descriptive motto for that season. As always feel free to add a complementary haiku to your motto. YE OLE will start:

2007 Buffalo Bills: "It's tough to win games in the NFL"

2011 "just starting the second trimester."

2010 Buffalo Bills - "We didn't get in this situation overnight and we're not going to get out overnight.” (Buddy Nix)

2010 Buffalo Bills - "Two words. Pain and patience. (Ralph Wilson)

2010 Buffalo Bills - "Well, it is what it is. Everybody can see it, it's very painful" (Ralph Wilson)

2010 Buffalo Bills - "It's going to take time. And I've said that from the beginning." (Ralph Wilson)

2010 Buffalo Bills - "It's going to take another three years until we get to turn this thing around." (Ralph Wilson)

2010 Buffalo Bills - "We will fit players from the current roster into the 3-4 defensive scheme." (Chan Gailey)

2010 Buffalo Bills - "Chris Kelsay will be moved from defensive end to linebacker." (Chan Gailey)

2010 Buffalo Bills - "Drafting a quarterback next year is the club's top priority" (Ralph Wilson)

2011 Buffalo Bills - "...the offensive line is our primary concern" (Buddy Nix)

2011 Buffalo Bills - "Our guys are a work in progress." (Buddy Nix)

2011 Buffalo Bills - "You can't fix everything at once." (Buddy Nix)

2011 "We think we’ve got better players than you guys and maybe the fans think we have." (Buddy Nix)

Since a haiku was requested:

New season brings hope

Reality sets in hard

Same ‘ol Bills again

quote from the late John McKay: "If you have everyone back from a team that lost ten games, experience isn't too important."

Reporter: "Coach, what do you think about the execution of your offense?"

McKay: "I'm all for it."