Levitre demoted / Levitre promoted

Justice

Pretty hilarious that literally dozens of posters feel more qualified to judge the performance of the Bills offensive linemen than their own coaches.

Hey, not one poster on here has been responsible for a Bills draft bust so obviously, we're all better qualified because everyone on the Bills has been involved with a raft pick that did not work out. You'll also note that every poster on here always makes the right decisions after the fact. You don't see anyone on here advocating drafting Maybin now, do you? The proof that TBD makes better decisions after the fact than the Bills coaches can before it! So take your common sense somewhere else where they appreciate that kind of garbage. We prefer our own make-believe reality here.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levitre confirms LG rotation

Posted by Chris Brown on August 17, 2011 – 1:19 pm

Bills LG Andy Levitre was back with the starting offensive line at Wednesday’s morning walk through, indicating that’s where he’ll be for the Bills night practice tonight. Head coach Chan Gailey hinted that a split of time at the starting left guard spot would be taking place between Levitre and Rinehart. Levitre confirmed that after the walk through.

“We’re just rotating,” Levitre said. ”They wanted to see what both of us have to offer. We’re competing for a job. We’re going to be switching back and forth.”

Presumably Levitre and Rinehart will switch off every day to keep the reps as even as possible. Levitre, a two-year starter at left guard, admitted he was a bit surprised by the move Tuesday, but is committed to proving he deserves the starting role.

“I didn’t see it coming at all,” Levitre said of being bumped down to second team Tuesday. ”It’s not the greatest feeling in the world but hopefully that will bring some more competition out of me and make us both better players. I know that Chad (Rinehart) is a good player so competition will be good for us in the long run.”

Why isn't this competition occurring at RG?

Levitres statement that i just read today about "didn't see this coming " is kinda intense.

Is Chan lighting a bonfire or is Nix doing the just smoke and mirrors he enjoys? odd behaviour in my opinion. Where is Hangartner in all this? has he been moved to back up center and thats that?

Levitres statement that i just read today about "didn't see this coming " is kinda intense.

Is Chan lighting a bonfire or is Nix doing the just smoke and mirrors he enjoys? odd behaviour in my opinion. Where is Hangartner in all this? has he been moved to back up center and thats that?

Swapping out one guard -for one practice- early in the preseason, is "odd behavior"?

Or are we just over-thinking it here?

how about Moats moving to ilb? evans gone (so soon i mean) Mcgee at nickle. Woods pushes hangman out. The receivers switching up. i kmow there are logical reasons behind the moves. i mean we certainly should let the fellows try out to find the best fit and working with the first lines are the best way besides game time i bet.

But yes i am probably over thinking thanks for the assist sir.

Anyone wonder that since there were no OTA's or any other type of voluntary work outs allowed for 6 months, maybe these are the types of things that would normally happen there. And since those things are not really covered or paid much attention to, we dont hear about them? Honestly just a question.

Bills LG Andy Levitre is in danger of losing his starting job to Chad Rinehart.

Rinehart is a Redskins castoff, which tells you all you need to know about Buffalo's offensive line and Levitre in particular. A big reach as the 51st overall pick in the 2009 draft, Levitre has been a run-blocking liability since entering the league. The Bills will struggle to open holes if he keeps the job. Related: Chad RinehartSource: WGR 550 Buffalo Aug 17, 11:03 PM

Well if he said no player is safe then split time with Fitz, Jackson, Johnson, Wood, Williams and tell them there jobs are not safe! Then I will believe he is motivating through fear. Gailey singled out Levitre, said he did nothing wrong and Rienhart looked good in practice so they are spliting time. That is not a good reason to give a man with pride, respect counts! I have been a service engineer for 24 years on Xray equipment. The day my boss replaces me for no reason on a job will be the last day he gets my undying support and help. I can do enough work to keep my job, just won't offer myself to work 34 hrs straight to get a down 2mil dollar Cath Lab backup anymore, I don't owe that. If Gailey keeps this up I will guarantee Levitre will either request a trade or leave during freeagency! If he believes he is a starter then why wouldn't he leave.

No he didn't, he is giving a guy who started showing potential at being an improvement at that position a chance to show what he can do for a practice. ITS HOW THIS TEAM GETS BETTER.

Chan said that this isn't because levitre hasn't played well, its because Reinhardt played better. If poor Andy's feeling get hurt because he was demoted for one practice because the guy behind him had played better, thenhe can go ahead, take his blankie and ball and go home.

What does this show to the rest of the team? it shows the starters that they have to stay on their toes and play their best at all times cause there may be someone better there to take their spot. It shows the 2nd string guys that if you work hard and show that you might be better then the guy infront of you, you will get a chance to take a starting job. I would hope that if Thigpen showed the coaches that he could play better then Fitz that he would be the starter. I would hope that if McKelvin showed he can play better then mcGee or Florence that he would be the starter. Its Pro Sports, this is how things work, the best players are the ones that are supposed to play.

we have people here screaming about kelsay getting an extension "for being a great lockerroom guy/team player, etc", while some are crying about Levitre having his feelings hurt and not being respected because they gave the 2nd string guy a chance with the 1st team because they believed he played better.

This team was 4-12 last year. They are trying to improve. We B word when they make moves and B word when they don't. I think people here just like to B word about stuff!

:worthy: couldn't agree more, blind faith people. Trust Nix/Gailey for the time being until we start losing games again, they you may commence the whining.

I am not saying that, Chan Gailey is.

So, you're sticking by your story that the switch was because Levitre was getting out played, and it had nothing to do with trying to motivate a player or send a message?

Really...common Bob, time to give in on this one.

Seems that Chan is trying to find out who his best 5 are going to be. Considering he tried andy at center that says to me Chan's looking to see who can do what and where his best 5 are going to fit in. Chan was not happy with the two's and I think as much as it's motivating the 1's he is also sending a message to the 2's that no one else has done well enough to get a shot.

I honestly could see a major shake up in the offensive line before the season begins. I think that the final O-line could look something like this

Bell-Reinhart-Wood-Hangman-Levitre

Its not really based off of anything other then Gailey switching around the lines a lot in camp and the less then stellar play the line had. I think that they are very dissatisfied with the RT play and could be seeing if Reinhart could play LG while Levitre takes the RT spot.

Bottomline is that I don't think Levitre is going anywhere he will be a starter come day one.

Has Hangartner played RG at all this pre-season? Didn't Levitre play the 2nd string LG spot when moved, have they used him at RT at all this training camp? If they were going to make those kinds of move, I think they would have put those guys at those spots to see the whole line together during practice. This was nothing more then the coaching staff giving Reinhart a chance to show what he has playing with the 1st stringers because of his play on Saturday and during training camp.

What do we know about this kid? I came away thinking he was decent last year, but got injured quickly if memory serves. I like the hometown: Boone, Iowa!

Third round pick of the Skins in 2008, 26 years old. 6'5, 327 on bb.com.

Another Skins 3rd was Mr. Dockery. It'd be nice to get one back at them

The door is wide open with Urbik struggling. How has Rinehart looked in camp, what do we think?