Levitre demoted / Levitre promoted

Justice

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey thanks. wow that litteraly must have justt been put up, was just on BB.com watching videos and it was not there. I honestly think chan wants Urbik out playing still but Reinhart to play as well to see what he can do. If Reinhart proves good i could see him moving over Urbik and Levitre getting his job back

hey thanks. wow that litteraly must have justt been put up, was just on BB.com watching videos and it was not there. I honestly think chan wants Urbik out playing still but Reinhart to play as well to see what he can do. If Reinhart proves good i could see him moving over Urbik and Levitre getting his job back

Not really.

Two very important factors to an offensive line are cohesiveness and timing. The players need to know what each other will do in any given situation and the only way to get to that level is to play together all the time.

No way do you move a starter (such as Andy Levitre) out of the first rotation just to look at another player simply to "see what he can do". That is counterproductive. Levitre is out because the coaches are sending him a message. This is a wake up call. Levitre now must earn the job back.

Levitre may very well win the job back and Rinehart may inevitiably replace Urbik but not for the reasons you state. It is clear that the coaches are less happy with Levitre than Urbik. At least for now.

Thank you Chan for creating some competition. These guys need it.

Edited by Bob in STL

This move makes a lot of sense. Levitre seems to have been playing well, apparently Chad has been playing even better, and Ubrik has played like total crap. So the Bills are chosing to slightly upgrade their LG instead of GREATLY upgrading their RG. This might seem crazy when viewed in a vacum, but when you remember that the Bills refuse to sign any OTs who might vastly upgrade their RT. Clearly the Bills plan is to have the strongest possible left side of the OL they can using only the players they have on the roster, while simltaneously fielding the worst right side of an offensive line in the history of the NFL.

In related news Chan announced that Dareus will be starting over Kyle Williams.

I live in Seattle and only know what I read so let me ask those of you who have been to camp:

Gailey says Rhinehart has earned the right to practice with the ones (thanks Punch for the link). What are those of you going to Pittsford see? If Rhinehart earned the right to practice with the ones, why not on the right side? Is Levitre playing badly? Does Rhinehart actually look good?

Chad Rinehart replaced LG Andy Levitre in the starting lineup in Tuesday's practice.

The change isn't likely to last, but it's a reminder that the Bills offensive line is a mess. Levitre and RG Kraig Urbik are well below average, as are the Bills starting tackles. While coach Chan Gailey is one of the brightest offensive minds in the game, the shaky O-Line leaves Buffalo's fantasy players as low-upside draft picks.

Well rotoworld thinks Levitre and Urbik are well below avg.

I think this is a little over blown, and seems to be more about Rhinehart looking good than Levitre looking bad. Just listen to Gailey talk about it, apparently Rhinehart impressed him.

Levitre has starting experience, Urbik does not and needs all the reps he can get. Starting Rhinehart is the only way to find out how he will match up against starting defenses.

IMO, this is a good thing. It means maybe one of those guys is finally stepping up and showing some ability. I don't really know anything about Rhinehart other than what I've read, but his competition is weak. If he shows any ability and consistency, he has a chance...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Rhinhart looked good at RG last year when filling in for injuries/Wood going to center. I was actually surprised that Urbik got the nod at that position. Levitre was very solid last year. All I can think at this point is that Rhinhart needs a spot and is not a back up that can play tackle, if they are pressed into it. Andy can, I am as confused about the line and how these guys can make a success out of it. We will see how it all plays out it it is only week 2 of preseason and nothing matters until September 11th.

Not really.

Two very important factors to an offensive line are cohesiveness and timing. The players need to know what each other will do in any given situation and the only way to get to that level is to play together all the time.

No way do you move a starter (such as Andy Levitre) out of the first rotation just to look at another player simply to "see what he can do". That is counterproductive. Levitre is out because the coaches are sending him a message. This is a wake up call. Levitre now must earn the job back.

Levitre may very well win the job back and Rinehart may inevitiably replace Urbik but not for the reasons you state. It is clear that the coaches are less happy with Levitre than Urbik. At least for now.

Thank you Chan for creating some competition. These guys need it.

Competition is a fine thing.

Do you think the best 5 are on the field with Urbik at RG and Reinhart at LG?

OMG! It rained yesterday. Don't they know they should be practicing in the snow - not the rain? WTF is wrong with this FO?

That is because RALPH IS TOO CHEAP! He should have alternate practice field in Greenland!

Now back to your regular ranting, raving and screaming sky is falling.

Competition is a fine thing.

Do you think the best 5 are on the field with Urbik at RG and Reinhart at LG?

I cannot say since I do not get to see practice or film. I can only belive what Chan is saying. Levitre needs to step up.

Common thought is that Levitre is the best of the three but right now that is not the case. I do not believe in hidden agendas to give Urbik and Rinehart more reps. We are talking professional sports here.

Edited by Bob in STL

For where this line is, there is no answer in FA. Even if we signed 5 new guys.

Our 2011 OLine will be the new 2010 DLine. It will cost us games. It will be our biggest weakness. BUT it will be addressed thoroughly in the next draft and then possibly via FA.It's part of the pain/process of building through the draft. Buddy addressed the D. I trust him to address the O next year. Until then, we just take our lumps.

The real question is why they didnt fix the OL in 2009

I cannot say since I d

o not get to see practice or film. I can only belive what Chan is saying. Levitre needs to step up.

Common thought is that Levitre is the best of the three but right now that is not the case. I do not believe in hidden agendas to give Urbik and Rinehart more reps. We are talking professional sports here.

You can be significantly better than the likes of Rinehart and Urbik, and still be a big disappointment. I think that's where Andy is. Gailey knows how much time he has before the season starts, and is using some practice time to motivate Levitre to get where he should be.