Levitre demoted / Levitre promoted

Justice

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan's the mad scientist continually tinkering with the machinery trying to improve its performance.

Anyone remember what he did with his Game One Starting QB last year in week 3?

Or his starting tail back of week one in week 2?

He moved Woodsie to C at the end of the year.

Tinker, tinker, tinker toot!

I don't care if it's motivational or de-motivational.

The line just got 35 lbs heavier and three inches taller in one position.

Maybe, just maybe that will be enough to open up the running game on the left side a wee mite.

It is after all where the D's best pass rusher should be, and some of those guys don't play the run so well and can be run around the play - ala our very own Kelsay.

Cheer up. Things could be worse. :ph34r:

The message is that this entire team has been underachieving for years. The goal is a championship not mere competence (although that would be an upgrade). Everyone needs to dig deeper - everyone.

With that philosphy then maybe Nix should demote Gailey for the day and let Dave W take over. Maybe Ralph promotes Whaley and demotes Nix for doing so bad at getting O-line talent. Maybe Pegula does a hostile take over of the Bills from Ralph ( actually rather like that idea! )

Motivation may have nothing to do with this. Gailey truly may be wanting to see how CR does with the 1's. Just because the right side of the line sucks does not mean he should shut himself to the possibility of upgrading the LG spot. As of now, Gailey does not know whether or not CR is better than Levitre. As good and consistent as Levitre has been, if there is an opportunity to upgrade that spot (any spot), you take that opportunity. But to do that the coaches have to know whether or not CR is better. Then, as a side benefit, if AL gets more competitive and plays harder to keep his starter spot, it only makes the team better. If AL folds like a pack of cards and gets de-motivated then the coaches know that this is a guy we do not want on the roster. Sorry, but there are NO sacred cows. (if there were, Belichick would have gone back to Bledsoe when he came back from injury and Brady would have been on the bench for a couple more years)

Here is hoping your boss comes into work tomorrow and motivates you real well by promoting someone below you into your job just to see if they can do better without really knowing!

Chan's the mad scientist continually tinkering with the machinery trying to improve its performance.

Maybe, just maybe that will be enough to open up the running game on the left side a wee mite.

It is after all where the D's best pass rusher should be, and some of those guys don't play the run so well and can be run around the play - ala our very own Kelsay.

Terrell Davis for Denver ran behind one of the lightest o-lines in the NFL that year being out weighed average wise by almost 30lbs per man. All he did was get 2000 yards. All the team did was win the Superbowl. Being big means nothing, being good means everything. Levitre is a good lineman!!!!!!

Here is hoping your boss comes into work tomorrow and motivates you real well by promoting someone below you into your job just to see if they can do better without really knowing!

What you describe pretty closely resembles what does happen in my consultancy workplace. On some jobs, I am the project manager and on others, someone else is. Over time, the better PM gets more PM roles and the other ones' role gets relegated. It has pushed me to do even better than my internal drive. (Note- I do not work in a government organization)

Is it possible that Gailey knows what he has in Levitre, a 2 year starter, and just wanted to see how Rhinehart was developing by giving him some first team reps?

Does this non-event need to be a wake up call, demotion or some shocking announcement to the team that no one is safe? Why over complicate it? Gailey, who isn't one to pull punches, said this move had everything to do with how Rhinehart was playing on the second team and did not mention poor play from Levitre. There isn't much to glean from that statement. I'm just taking it at face value.

Edited by Jauronimo

Way too positive. The TBD response should be "Rhinehart DEMOTED!!!"

youtube.com/watch?v=YTfWOhDGifY

Now that is funny!!!!

Is it possible that Gailey knows what he has in Levitre, a 2 year starter, and just wanted to see how Rhinehart was developing by giving him some first team reps?

Does this non-event need to be a wake up call, demotion or some shocking announcement to the team that no one is safe? Why over complicate it? Gailey, who isn't one to pull punches, said this move had everything to do with how Rhinehart was playing on the second team and did not mention poor play from Levitre. There isn't much to glean from that statement. I'm just taking it at face value.

The problem is the way it was communicated. Even Levitre was scratching his head and questioning himself.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article524702.ece

Like I originally said all gailey had to do was say this was temporary for now and he was just building depth and getting a good look at Rienhart. There is no story or controversy if communcated properly!

Now that is funny!!!!

The problem is the way it was communicated. Even Levitre was scratching his head and questioning himself.

http://www.buffalone...ticle524702.ece

Like I originally said all gailey had to do was say this was temporary for now and he was just building depth and getting a good look at Rienhart. There is no story or controversy if communcated properly!

There is no real story or controversy if reporters and fans just listened to what Gailey actually said either. He may be the most forthright coach I have ever seen in all of sports. He said no job is safe, he was happy with Levitre and it wasn't at all about Levitre playing poorly, it was only about a guy Rinehart who was a second stringer who played really well and deserved a chance to split time with the ones, which is exactly what happened.

Now they have a battle on their hands (not that there shouldn't be a battle for every position and player) and Rinehart feels like he will be given a chance if he excels, and Levitre knows if he is not on his game at all times he may not be playing as much.

Furthermore, if he tells Levitre and the reporters and fans that it's only temporary, that is completely counter-productive and makes the starters even more complacent than they may already be, just assuming they will get their jobs back.

Now that is funny!!!!

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article524702.ece

The way it was communicated to who?

The fans/media? Who cares.

To Levitre? Sounds like he was told they would be shuffling people in and making it a competition:

It's their decision. They told us we were going to be rotating this week and I don't know what their long-term plan is. They said they want to see us compete and I guess that's what is going to be.

Only thing I have a problem with is Levitre if he chooses to pout instead of compete. But we havent seen that happen yet.

From Levitre again:

It helps, it doesn't hurt and it's definitely motivation to make sure I'm on my toes and that I'm not given anything because I know I'm not.

It was one practice.

Again, it was one preseason practice.

Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We talkin bout practice....

Edited by DrDareustein

There is no real story or controversy if reporters and fans just listened to what Gailey actually said either. He may be the most forthright coach I have ever seen in all of sports. He said no job is safe, he was happy with Levitre and it wasn't at all about Levitre playing poorly, it was only about a guy Rinehart who was a second stringer who played really well and deserved a chance to split time with the ones, which is exactly what happened.

Now they have a battle on their hands (not that there shouldn't be a battle for every position and player) and Rinehart feels like he will be given a chance if he excels, and Levitre knows if he is not on his game at all times he may not be playing as much.

Furthermore, if he tells Levitre and the reporters and fans that it's only temporary, that is completely counter-productive and makes the starters even more complacent than they may already be, just assuming they will get their jobs back.

Well if he said no player is safe then split time with Fitz, Jackson, Johnson, Wood, Williams and tell them there jobs are not safe! Then I will believe he is motivating through fear. Gailey singled out Levitre, said he did nothing wrong and Rienhart looked good in practice so they are spliting time. That is not a good reason to give a man with pride, respect counts! I have been a service engineer for 24 years on Xray equipment. The day my boss replaces me for no reason on a job will be the last day he gets my undying support and help. I can do enough work to keep my job, just won't offer myself to work 34 hrs straight to get a down 2mil dollar Cath Lab backup anymore, I don't owe that. If Gailey keeps this up I will guarantee Levitre will either request a trade or leave during freeagency! If he believes he is a starter then why wouldn't he leave.

Well if he said no player is safe then split time with Fitz, Jackson, Johnson, Wood, Williams and tell them there jobs are not safe! Then I will believe he is motivating through fear. Gailey singled out Levitre, said he did nothing wrong and Rienhart looked good in practice so they are spliting time. That is not a good reason to give a man with pride, respect counts! I have been a service engineer for 24 years on Xray equipment. The day my boss replaces me for no reason on a job will be the last day he gets my undying support and help. I can do enough work to keep my job, just won't offer myself to work 34 hrs straight to get a down 2mil dollar Cath Lab backup anymore, I don't owe that. If Gailey keeps this up I will guarantee Levitre will either request a trade or leave during freeagency! If he believes he is a starter then why wouldn't he leave.

Levitre himself said he wasn't happy with his play in the game, and he needs to do better. The next day he is back with the starters. It's a wake-up call, combined with incentive and reward for the guy behind him.

It's a tough game for tough people. Obviously, you would crumble in this environment. ;) j/k.

Chan as the mad scientist continually tinkering with the machinery and deciding he wants his man to be much bigger - - - seems like I've seen that moment of inspiration in a storyline before . . .

When we evaluate O-linemen at next year's combine, maybe we should just draft the guy with the biggest schwanzstucker!