Bowers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If his injury is what is reported, bone on bone in his knee then his career could be very short and injury plagued...that is a very serious condition and that is why he is slipping. Hopefully our team doctors checked him out, and if they feel it isnt as bad as the rumors, then I will be very happy grabbing him even though I want a QB. In fact, you have to grab him over a QB here if our doctors think he can overcome the knee stuff.

But, everything I heard is that many teams dont have him anywhere on their board as it was that bad.

I still want Mallet at 2, but would be almost equally ecstatic if we grab Bowers and would hope his knee isnt as bad as feared.

Sometimes teams get scared....and other teams. Have other needsmmand some times to guys that were projected in the 2nd rd... Big risk, only because of health...but he can do to every team needs depth...

Personally I like Ayers, reed or houston... I'd rather stick with the defensive theme

Clearly, if he was a #1 talent, all 32 teams thought he was a big risk. Add that to the fact he doesn't fit our system and I ask, why?

Considering he can play end in a 4-3 or 3-4, how does he not fit in the Bills system?

A few weeks/months ago if you were looking at most mocks they had 3 guys within the top 5 picks on the DL.

Bowers

Dareus

Fairly

would yo ever imagine that the Bills could have the chance to take 2 of them? Talk about fixing up your pass rush and run defense.

If the Bills take Bowers, dare I say that many of the so called experts would say we had one of the best drafts of 2011 (that's hard to even imagine considering the lack of rspect we get from the rest of the sports world).

Can you imagine this?

3/4:

DE- Bowers/Carrington

DT- Williams/Dareus/Troupe

DE- Dareus/Williams

4/3:

DE- Bowers/Carrington

DT- Williams/Troupe

DT- Dareus/Troupe

DE- Kelsey/Carrington

I know he has the knee issue, but he was projectd to be a potential 1st overal pick before all this. I'm not saying he is recovered or think for sure that he will, but would t it be worth it to get him an entire round after he was projected? Does anyone know what the $$ was for the 34th pick last year? Is it worth it to take a chance?

IF.... Bowers is still there at 34, do you want to pick him? I would have opened a vote but I'm unable to do that from my phone.

The Bills have invested heavy resources into their DL and need to improve elsewhere as well. Bowers was rumored to require microfracture surgery and while that's not concrete, there are other options available at 34 like...Kyle Rudolph who might finally give the offense a player who can run the seam.

IF the pats pass on Bowers we shouldn't..he's just too good! .... NO ones blames us if he doesn't workout...this is a once in a life time oppurity for this organization.... If bowers is able ..we could end up with a pair a lineman that could change everything ...

Considering he can play end in a 4-3 or 3-4, how does he not fit in the Bills system?

Nope. You do realize that'd be a "if he adds weight" or "if he drops weight" situation, not a switch back and forth play by play situation. We have our 34 ends, and I'd venture won't play enough 43 to be worth the pick.

IF the pats pass on Bowers we shouldn't..he's just too good! .... NO ones blames us if he doesn't workout...this is a once in a life time oppurity for this organization.... If bowers is able ..we could end up with a pair a lineman that could change everything ...

I completely agree. We could end up with 3 star caliber players across the line with Bowers/Williams/Dareus, and yes that would change everything. I realize Bowers is a roll of the dice, but at 34 you take it. If he pans out, our d-line could go from a major weakness to an absolute ass kicking machine. If you can win in the trenches you can turn things around quickly.

NICE !!

I'm all for it if we're 100% certain his knee or whatever is OK. If we're not, then pass.

Agreed. There's definitely some risk, but I think this kid's upside far outweighs it. Here's another interview they did with him a week or so ago, he comes across as a very genuine young man. I'm definitely rooting for him. I hope we end up with him as a Bill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lip0BsrBxNg&feature=relmfu

I have some questions about Bowers that im sure some of you on this board can answer:

1. Does anyone know the extent of his knee injury? I know that he may have a degenerative knee problem, but

im not sure exactly what that means. Does it mean that 5 years from now his knee will be shot? if so is the

second round a good value for a 5yr. player that was ranked in the top 5 of this draft class?

2. Does he fit our 3-4 scheme? (i know he was a 4-3 player) where would he play?

I apologize if this was posted already...but this inquiring mind wants to know.

also with the addition of Dareus what does our front line look like (kyle-?troup?-dareus)?

A little over 20 years ago the Buffalo Bills took a chance on an injured running back in the second round of the draft that many considered an elite talent with health concerns. What's the man's name, you ask? Thurman Thomas! Take a chance Buffalo, we've squandered second round picks on guys with much less talent.

A little over 20 years ago the Buffalo Bills took a chance on an injured running back in the second round of the draft that many considered an elite talent with health concerns. What's the man's name, you ask? Thurman Thomas! Take a chance Buffalo, we've squandered second round picks on guys with much less talent.

No one knows how Bowers knee condition compares to Thurman's. Therefore, the comparison doesn't make much sense.

Could have been a pre-draft smokescreen, but:

April 10, 2011 - 3:40 PM ET

The Bills' team doctor reportedly cleared Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers' surgically repaired knee last week.

This report allays concerns that the knee is in much worse condition than the Bowers camp has let on. Bowers reportedly had a "great meeting" with the Bills, and sources tell Yahoo's Doug Farrar that Denver and Buffalo are still interested. Though Farrar cautioned to take his report with a grain of salt, he also noted the Titans made it clear to Bowers that they would grab him at No. 8 if he's still on the board. The results of Bowers' medical recheck Friday in Indianapolis have not yet been released.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42521803/ns/sports-player_news/

If his cartilage is shot there is no coming back. It would be a wasted pick. You think no one else knows his skill level?

PTR

Exactly right Promo. If it's a tendon, muscle tear, or even a fracture, these conditions can all be resolved with good medical attention, rehab, and training.

But worn out cartlidge - it only gets worse. There's no fix beyond transplant surgery. That's why there are knee and hip replacements. If it's a cartlidge or ongoing degenerative condition, you pass. Too much risk.

Edited by DML2005

I am taking a anatomy and physiology class this semester and the rule of thumb regarding cartilage.....once cartilage is gone it does not heal and regenerate like other tissues in the body due to the fact it is not vascularized (ie: blood can reach the affected tissue and repair). Once it is gone it is gone. If Bowers has a lack of cartilage in his knee joint that is causing bone on bone friction and degeneration and possible arthritis...you can pretty much call him damaged goods. His knee will never return to normal since it is the cartilage that protects and covers the bones in the knee joint.

I am taking a anatomy and physiology class this semester and the rule of thumb regarding cartilage.....once cartilage is gone it does not heal and regenerate like other tissues in the body due to the fact it is not vascularized (ie: blood can reach the affected tissue and repair). Once it is gone it is gone. If Bowers has a lack of cartilage in his knee joint that is causing bone on bone friction and degeneration and possible arthritis...you can pretty much call him damaged goods. His knee will never return to normal since it is the cartilage that protects and covers the bones in the knee joint.

You mean to tell me that in this day and age ACME hasn't come up with something to take the place of cartilage and jam in there?

:P