Bowers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A little over 20 years ago the Buffalo Bills took a chance on an injured running back in the second round of the draft that many considered an elite talent with health concerns. What's the man's name, you ask? Thurman Thomas! Take a chance Buffalo, we've squandered second round picks on guys with much less talent.

Did anyone really ask who? That being said I would take a chance on Bowers, that would be a great 1-2 pick for the Bills...

I love the armchair doctors here talking about his degenerative bone-on-bone lack of cartilage cripple condition. Nobody here knows the extent of his injury. It is borderline. Some teams think there could be long-term risk, other teams have given him a clean bill of health. To call him damage goods with a knee that is "essentially shot" is funny.

Edited by akm0404

I love the armchair doctors here talking about his degenerative bone-on-bone lack of cartilage cripple condition. Nobody here knows the extent of his injury. It is borderline. Some teams think there could be long-term risk, other teams have given him a clean bill of health. To call him damage goods with a knee that is "essentially shot" is funny.

If there are some teams that gave him a clean bill of health and no red flags in regard to his knee, he would not still be on the board this morning. :oops:

They are quoting Jay Glazer.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42802989/ns/sports-player_news/

Do the people that keep saying to pass cause he doesn't fit the 3-4 realise that teh bills don't play a true 3-4 and that they play whatever they have the personel for in a "Hybrid" type defence? They want a defence that they can switch to and from depending on who they play

if the Doctors clear him and say whatever "condition" he has isn't a longterm concern, take him. If its something that he may only play a couple of years with until he's forced into retirement, pass and hope he falls to the 3rd or 4th. the Bills are still a couple years away from serious SB contender, theres talent that can be taken that will help us out now and by the time we are SB contenders

Do the people that keep saying to pass cause he doesn't fit the 3-4 realise that teh bills don't play a true 3-4 and that they play whatever they have the personel for in a "Hybrid" type defence? They want a defence that they can switch to and from depending on who they play

if the Doctors clear him and say whatever "condition" he has isn't a longterm concern, take him. If its something that he may only play a couple of years with until he's forced into retirement, pass and hope he falls to the 3rd or 4th. the Bills are still a couple years away from serious SB contender, theres talent that can be taken that will help us out now and by the time we are SB contenders

The Bills only play a hybrid because they don't have the personnel to switch to a full time 3-4. They are still scouting as if they are a pure 3-4 team.

First off - HI FIVES!!!! all around for Marcell!!!

I had envisioned the Bills even trading back into round one to get Bowers, so I think drafting him at 34 would be awesome. He would be the final piece in what would be potentially the strongest D-Line in the NFL. That core could be an anchor for the entire team and game plan, and would improve production at nearly every single position on both sides of the ball.

If we could line up another monster on O-Line, along with getting Bowers in the second, I will be one happy camper.

GO BILLS!!!

Not going to be him so why bother analyzing. Injury, out of position in 3-4, bills already drafted dl

Your predictions haven't gone so well though so there might be reason to analyze afterall.

No one knows how Bowers knee condition compares to Thurman's. Therefore, the comparison doesn't make much sense.

I don't think he was comparing the two players, or their specific injury. The point is the reward is greater than the risk.

Can a single draft transform our Pass-Rush/Run-Stop games from worst to first? I think so! And Bowers-Dareus is how you do it.

GO BILLS!

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land