Bills announce uniform change

Peter

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the Steelers unis, but I don't think that a similar chest patch would work for the Bills logo because as I said, it's too asymmetrical. Regarding the Eagles, the sleeve logos work because the eagle head is a different logo than the helmet wings. The Panthers uniform in your first link with the helmet logo and sleeve logo the same looks silly to me. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Like this?

post-9975-045431700 1297375188_thumb.jpg

I no it's not the best of work but i'm just showing everyone this to give you an idea, what does everyone think of Buffalo moving forward with this even though it is the sabre's logo but maybe we can twist it up a hair,opinions?

Though the execution is terrible, the "idea" to redesign their most valuable branding element is even worse.

You see, the Bills logo (Standing or Charging) is not the problem with their uniforms.

It's how they over-designed everything else.

But why not look good while playing? That doesn't make sense to you? Do you really want to write or root for a team known to have the most hideous uniforms in the league. So if they ever become a real team again everyone would say "Thats a great team but those uniforms!" I want a playoff team, but I want to like the uniforms also.

Well said! I wouldn't mind seeing Wood in one of those unis.

To each his own I guess :nana: . I'd rather see T&A

I would like to see the red, white & blue of the Super bowl teams. I don't care what Buffalo they put on the helmets, as long is it isn't one laying on its back

Edited by LancasterSteve

really, Sabres? everyone hated the flying slug logo, and yet everyone in town was wearing the jerseys, t-shirts, hats, socks whatever because the team was actually -- how do you call it? -- winning, by getting to the Eastern Conference finals twice.

i thought winning generated enthusiasm. :huh:

jw

Timing is everything. The slug unis did suck, but since the Sabres were winning, the timing allowed people to accept the slug and buy the jerseys. Since then, losing and the ugliness of the slug caused marketing to go back to the original Sabres logo, and that move has generated even more revenue through merchandise sales.

A good jersey will also generate renewed enthusiasm in the team. A #3 draft pick will also generate enthusiasm. This team, making moves mostly dictated by marketing, needs to stay in the news somehow in these slow news days, and keep guys like you busy by reporting on a new jersey for the team.

Yes, that is what they are...so what? It's February and the Bills can't do anything to improve the team right now. Our current uniforms blow and I think it's great that they are getting news ones. Having said that, I will still be pissed if they don't make moves to improve this team. Why is it so difficult to separate the two? The marketing department is separate from the personnel department, correct?

Is it just a coincidence that ever since Donahoe got rid of our red, white and blue uniforms... that the Bills have sucked, haven't made the playoffs and have become progressively worse? I think the marketing department jinxed the Bills. And ALL the football people went brain dead at the same time. Mark my words, the Bills will never make the playoffs again until the red, white and blue football uniform gods in the football sky are placated :worthy:

why is it that i must have some sort of hidden agenda, as some here have accused.

i went on radio and provided my thoughts:

-- wouldn't it be better that the Bills changed their record rather than their uniform?

-- this strikes me as a cash grab by the Bills, and i'd certainly hope the team uses the newfound money in luring better players and building a better team.

i was sincerely surprised to see how much attention and how much excitement this announcement was receiving -- i mean you'd swear they just re-signed Cornell Green -- given all the cynicism that's surrounded the franchise for, lo, these long dry years. me, i just don't buy these uniform changes any more. they strike me as self-generated fluff events.

my opinion. sorry to bore you.

jw

And I suppose you hang on to all the bad memories of all the girlfriends you have had over a 10yr span. No, you wash your hands of it and hope for a better relationship next time. Just like the current unis. 10 yrs of a bad relationship. Wash our hands of any and ALL memories of that time span.

Also, if you've ever spent time in the military, you'd know that when you put your uniform on, it's time to get to work. We all want to look good. When you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, your production level goes up.

Also, better looking uniforms will attract new and potential fans. There are a lot of people that are not football fans and will root for what attracts them most. Why not have better looking uniforms to potentially increase their customer base? Garbage is still garbage when wrapped in newspaper, but it's received warmer when wrapped in nice paper and a bow. Of course it's a marketing ploy....... football is a business. You of all posters on here should know that. And I'm pretty sure you already do...... you're just being an A**!

just throwing it out there -- might we squash this thread, or atleast redo the title and acknowledge this did not come from the bills but was taken from a poster on this board, and is now making the rounds as a bills leak?

it seems even after it has been established as totally false, a lot of people are only reading the first post.....

And I suppose you hang on to all the bad memories of all the girlfriends you have had over a 10yr span. No, you wash your hands of it and hope for a better relationship next time. Just like the current unis. 10 yrs of a bad relationship. Wash our hands of any and ALL memories of that time span.

Also, if you've ever spent time in the military, you'd know that when you put your uniform on, it's time to get to work. We all want to look good. When you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, your production level goes up.

Also, better looking uniforms will attract new and potential fans. There are a lot of people that are not football fans and will root for what attracts them most. Why not have better looking uniforms to potentially increase their customer base? Garbage is still garbage when wrapped in newspaper, but it's received warmer when wrapped in nice paper and a bow. Of course it's a marketing ploy....... football is a business. You of all posters on here should know that. And I'm pretty sure you already do...... you're just being an A**!

and yet in a follow up post, i acknowledged much of the reaction and different points of views to my comment and simply posted "fair enough" without getting into any name-calling or heated exchange with anyone.

if bills nation is excited about the new uniforms, then so be it. no hidden agenda, no argument from me, no flexing of internet muscles. i shall defer to the masses. it's nothing to get into a big snit over.

and i would hope i would be entitled to my opinion as well, as i acknowledge and respect those who have a different point of view in this thread.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

just throwing it out there -- might we squash this thread, or atleast redo the title and acknowledge this did not come from the bills but was taken from a poster on this board, and is now making the rounds as a bills leak?

it seems even after it has been established as totally false, a lot of people are only reading the first post.....

I know what you mean, see my last post...

I saw someone saying that they think THESE will be on the field for 2011 on another website, but they didn't give their source.

They're definately not fancy but I definately think we'll look like winners.

I cannot tell you who he was but I can promise you that those will be worn next year.

I know what you mean, see my last post...

I cannot tell you who he was but I can promise you that those will be worn next year.

ever get a feeling on a thread like this, that it will stay at the top of the board for two weeks, while one with really good analysis of a player will drop like a brick after 3 posts?

for some reason i have that feeling about this one :ph34r:

they broke the dolphins streak in those and had a few nice playoff runs under fergie, crib's, butler, and the bedmuda triangle on defense ... remembers

"Ground Chuck" Knox?

...hip hip hoooray!...nah, still not feeling it.

Seriously, there's no way in hell Jackson's flipping over those gawd awful throwbacks. I think the helmets remain red with a 60's inspired throwback jerseys and pants. They aren't going back to the "Simpson" unis.

Edited by 1billsfan

I think the helmets remain red with a 60's inspired throwback jerseys and pants. They aren't going back to the "Simpson" unis.

YUK !!

See I was kindof thinking the same thing as you. These might look OK with a red helmet. The white helmet does nothing for me.

Edited by reddogblitz

and yet in a follow up post, i acknowledged much of the reaction and different points of views to my comment and simply posted "fair enough" without getting into any name-calling or heated exchange with anyone.

if bills nation is excited about the new uniforms, then so be it. no hidden agenda, no argument from me, no flexing of internet muscles. i shall defer to the masses. it's nothing to get into a big snit over.

and i would hope i would be entitled to my opinion as well, as i acknowledge and respect those who have a different point of view in this thread.

jw

jw, I have enjoyed your post for the past few years, but a few months ago, you got your nose bloodied in a heated argument on here and you said you would not post here anymore. You came on here today with an agenda. You know quite honestly why people are excited about a uniform change, however, you were condescending in your tone. You are certainly open to your opinion and able to post it here, but you came to this thread with an attitude and no opinion and it showed in your statements. I expect better from you and so do most posters here. There was no name calling, you just simply acted like an A** and I told you that you were acting that way. You can take that defensively or you can....stop......think.....and regroup so we can enjoy your post again. Or you can continue to add nothing to the threads on here and expect to be ridiculed by it. Your choice.

He says these are the new unis

post-21-004739100 1297372996_thumb.jpg

I like those a lot. They say, "football"...not Bozo.

No freaking bib line. One blue, one red, and white.

And I love/love/love the white helmets.

Aw man - I had a feeling the guy who said he knew a guy who knew a dude who knew a dude who worked for the Bills was lyin...

Dang.

Dude who did those: Nice.

Guys, guys, guys.

I designed those last night and posted them on this very board. The original poster doesn't "know a guy who works for the bills". twitter.com/eric_epp is my account.

These were my interpretation of what I want them to do with the new unis.

This thread made me lol though.

Edited by epper

Guys, guys, guys.

I designed those last night and posted them on this very board. The original poster doesn't "know a guy who works for the bills". twitter.com/eric_epp is my account.

These were my interpretation of what I want them to do with the new unis.

This thread made me lol though.

Your uniforms and Jay's stunt are probably the biggest joke on here in a while.