Bills announce uniform change

Peter

Thank you, Joe Ferguson! :wallbash:

The red helmets are fugly. The current uniforms are fugly. The ugliness of the current uniforms has been compounded by the fast that the players somehow got their way a few years back and have been allowed to wear them mis-matched - dark shirt/dark pants, white over white, when in fact, there are stripes integrated in the home and away that only line up right when it's dark shirt/white pants or vice versa.

From the press release, I am betting (as well as hoping) for white helmet w/charging buffalo, and something similar to what's been shown from the Nike designs - hopefully without that ridiculous font.

As long as it's white helmet and royal blue jerseys, it will be an enormous upgrade.

It was Kay Stephenson. Fergy played all but one year of his career with white helmets. The exception being 1984 and he was released before the '85 season.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this description is true it would be a huge improvement and I wouldn't hate it by any means, but I wish they wouldn't incorporate the navy.

I'm guessing we'll get lighter blue jerseys with some combination of nickel, red, and navy on the stripes on the sleeves. Blue-on-blue might be weird, I'm not sure.

For those who missed the above link:

Ladies and gentlemen, our long national nightmare is over.

Confession: I’ve known about this change since early December, when a little birdie told me about it but swore me to secrecy. So if anyone recently spotted me with a big smile on my face for no particular reason, now you know why.

Everyone wants to know what the new threads will look like. I don’t have any visuals, but I do have a description from the little birdie, which he’s willing to share now that the Bills have gone public with the news. So here it is — a Uni Watch exclusive:

These new Bills uniforms are clearly modeled after the later Simpson-era design, including the white helmet, but they’ve been updated to include a tiny amount of navy blue trim.

The "later Simpson-era" design: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5258/5430804953_ff52f915ca_o.png

I'm trying to imagine a navy trim, but I just can't imagine in on the home jerseys. Maybe it's only on the white pants/away jersey. Food for thought.

Edited by NickelCity

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part to imagine them being released prior to the draft. As we have the 3rd pick though, I was under the impression that we might want to give our top pick (if he is invited to the draft) a new uniform.

One question, if there is no new CBA, will any current players even be at the unveiling like last time? Something tells me they might be forced to avoid it, like they are trying to get the rookies to stay away from the draft if there is no new deal. Might be Jim Kelly by himself this time around.

I just hope these idiots NEVER put the blue on blue again.....I mean seriously, get a clue to whoever thought that was a good idea. I know they won't do it but I would love the logo SOMEWHERE on the jersey (shoulder, chest patch, sleeve,....)

The problem with the logo on the jersey is that its asymmetrical. Have you ever seen the cheapo walmart bills jerseys? they have the logo as a chest patch just under the collar and it looks horrible. I wouldn't want it on the sleeves or shoulders either because its already on the sides of the helmet, and having it again a few inches lower makes the profile too redundant IMO. If they want to brand the jersey somehow, I think the best way to do it would be to have a small patch under the collar that says Bills in the block letter font the team uses.