Jerry Jones' ego just might pay off.....for the Bills.

Tipster19

First let me start off with saying that the Bills should not trade down in the draft and they should take the best blue chip player available to them at the #3 spot. We need the best impact players who will make a difference for us on and off the field. We had a sense of excitement to this team last season and I would like to see us build off of that. Having impact players can and will attract other potential players to this organization. It's not like impact players can't be discovered later in the draft but how many times has Buffalo been able to draft this high? The answer is not many. I would like to see them stand their ground and take a game changer. There's a reason why the players are ranked. The higher the ranking the higher the percentages go up of selecting a quality player who can lend success to our quest. I say utilize it BUT if our braintrust felt differently about the quality of players at the top of the draftboard then I could understand why they might consider trading out of the #3 spot.

When I look at the pick value and who could be willing to trade up then this idiot Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys stands out. His meddling ways and his ego will not allow him to stand idle during this or any other draft. Have you ever watched him and his son Stephen in the war room during the draft? They look like they belonged in my last year's fantasy football draft. I can't stand this guy but he is like a craftier Daniel Snyder, he just has to outsmart everybody. Well, if Buffalo wants to trade down then let Jerry Jones "pull a fast one" over on them. Jones will pay and he will pay handsomely. Take a look at the WR Roy Williams' trade, Jones couldn't pay enough for the guy and Detroit was the clearcut winner in that scenario.

The Cowboys' secondary blows and they need a big time CB. Dalls' CB Terence Newman will be 33 years old by the start of next season and the Cowboys are needing his replacement. I'm sure Jones, with his huge ego, doesn't expect to be picking this high again in the draft for quite sometime. Here he will have the opportunity to pick up a blue chip CB in Nebraska's Prince Amukamara. If Jerry wants to meddle again, and I'm sure that he does, then I say make him pay, make him pay dearly.

First let me start off with saying that the Bills should not trade down in the draft and they should take the best blue chip player available to them at the #3 spot. We need the best impact players who will make a difference for us on and off the field. We had a sense of excitement to this team last season and I would like to see us build off of that. Having impact players can and will attract other potential players to this organization. It's not like impact players can't be discovered later in the draft but how many times has Buffalo been able to draft this high? The answer is not many. I would like to see them stand their ground and take a game changer. There's a reason why the players are ranked. The higher the ranking the higher the percentages go up of selecting a quality player who can lend success to our quest. I say utilize it BUT if our braintrust felt differently about the quality of players at the top of the draftboard then I could understand why they might consider trading out of the #3 spot.

When I look at the pick value and who could be willing to trade up then this idiot Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys stands out. His meddling ways and his ego will not allow him to stand idle during this or any other draft. Have you ever watched him and his son Stephen in the war room during the draft? They look like they belonged in my last year's fantasy football draft. I can't stand this guy but he is like a craftier Daniel Snyder, he just has to outsmart everybody. Well, if Buffalo wants to trade down then let Jerry Jones "pull a fast one" over on them. Jones will pay and he will pay handsomely. Take a look at the WR Roy Williams' trade, Jones couldn't pay enough for the guy and Detroit was the clearcut winner in that scenario.

The Cowboys' secondary blows and they need a big time CB. Dalls' CB Terence Newman will be 33 years old by the start of next season and the Cowboys are needing his replacement. I'm sure Jones, with his huge ego, doesn't expect to be picking this high again in the draft for quite sometime. Here he will have the opportunity to pick up a blue chip CB in Nebraska's Prince Amukamara. If Jerry wants to meddle again, and I'm sure that he does, then I say make him pay, make him pay dearly.

For clarification, you want to trade down and then select a CB?

No sir, I was thinking that Dallas would like to trade up from the #9 spot for Nebraska's CB Prince Amukamara.

Gotcha. :thumbsup: I got confused. But, totally just my brain not functioning.

Given that Luck was perhaps the only "sure thing" QB, and there may only be one "sure thing" DE/DT that's selected at 1or 2, I think this would be a great year to trade down a few slots and still get a top notch player and a few extra picks. So, I'd be all for it.

Of course, I must qualify my opinion by stating that I have almost no understanding of who exactly is considered the best players in this draft, other than what I read here.

Gotcha. :thumbsup: I got confused. But, totally just my brain not functioning.

Given that Luck was perhaps the only "sure thing" QB, and there may only be one "sure thing" DE/DT that's selected at 1or 2, I think this would be a great year to trade down a few slots and still get a top notch player and a few extra picks. So, I'd be all for it.

Of course, I must qualify my opinion by stating that I have almost no understanding of who exactly is considered the best players in this draft, other than what I read here.

I like your thinking. If Fairley is gone, and Jones would give us #9 and his second and third (or fourth) I'd be all for it.

I like your thinking. If Fairley is gone, and Jones would give us #9 and his second and third (or fourth) I'd be all for it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Fairley seems to be "the" defensive lineman of this draft. (Maybe I'm wrong) So, if he's taken 1or 2, you can probably trade back to #9 and get the same player you would have taken at #3; plus get a couple of extra mid round picks. Seems like a no brainer to me.

See... this drafting stuff ain't so hard. We got it all figured out. :beer:to us.

Of course, refer to my disclaimer from me earlier post.

What would we demand in a trade from 3 to 9? I'd take it, if we could get the right compensation - what would that be, though? Another 2nd round and 3rd round pick? Would that be enough? I would think we'd have to get, for our #3 pick, Dallas's #9, their 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder... and a pick next year, too? Maybe a 3rd rounder? Would he be nuts enough for that? He would have to assume he could reload in F.A., and that CB is one of his only weak links.

For us, I mean, we could probably land one of: Gabbert, Locker, Dareus, Quinn, or Von Miller at 9. So, I would think it would be a no brainer for us. A deal like that could, with proper handling of the picks, re-tool our roster in the right positions and set us up for a real run. We already have our 1, and our 2 is almost a late 1, and a 3 and two 4's. A Dallas trade would give us #9, then our nice 2, their 2, two 3's, two 4's. Wow. We could re-load with that many selections.

What would we demand in a trade from 3 to 9?

According to the "Draft Value Chart" our #3 pick is worth 2200 value points. To use only this years picks, Dallas would have to give us:

1st- 1350

2nd- 490

3rd- 225

4th- 84

5th- 37.5

7th- 11

Basically they would have to trade their whole draft to us. I would do this is a second. In real life it might not work like this but most trades are pretty close to the guide. It's probably end up swap picks we get their second and a second next year or something like that.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Fairley seems to be "the" defensive lineman of this draft. (Maybe I'm wrong) So, if he's taken 1or 2, you can probably trade back to #9 and get the same player you would have taken at #3; plus get a couple of extra mid round picks. Seems like a no brainer to me.

See... this drafting stuff ain't so hard. We got it all figured out. :beer:to us.

Of course, refer to my disclaimer from me earlier post.

That could work seems after Fairley there is a several D ends that will work for us at 9 .

the more hype green and the two cornerbacks get the better

Tipster. You are a creative genius. The OP shows that you see to the next level.

But more than that you have the attitude.

"then I say make him pay, make him pay dearly."

You have my vote as next GM. Or at least have our current one's good ear to whisper into. go bills!

I don't think Jerry Jones would pay #3 money to a CB when he can just go out and buy one of the best CB in the league (Nnamdi Asomugha) and not lose a single draft pick.

Are you sure about this?:)

I'm all over this like a cheap suit.

We won't be greedy; we'll take Dallas's 2nd and 4th to switch:

9 Buffalo J.J. Watt DE34 Wisconsin

34 Buffalo Stephen Paea DT34 Oregon State

40 Buffalo Justin Houston OLB34 Georgia

68 Buffalo Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin

99 Buffalo Nate Irving ILB North Carolina State

109 Buffalo Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada

121 Buffalo Marcus Gilbert OT Florida

130 Buffalo Michael Egnew TE Missouri

164 Buffalo Derek Hall OT Stanford

195 Buffalo Delone Carter RBF Syracuse

Are you showing off?

Because that looks pretty good.

Any wiggle room with jj watt?

tell me why he is The pick at 9.

and ty in advance for your cooperation

No OT until 121 and after a marginal (Newton like but WAC conference) QB? I don't like it much. I do like the thought of trading back a bit but I would rather go after the 7 slot. In anycase, I really don't think it will happen just because Buddy said he likes to stay put. Just as plausible IMO.

I could see the Bills taking BPA instead of trying to trade even if it is a WR or CB. Playmaker is always a need in BNs eyes. I know this will blow up many peoples heads around here though after CJ's rookie year.

That strikes me as kind of pretty. What are the chances the Bills war room's board will looking anything this reasonable?

I don't think Jerry Jones would pay #3 money to a CB when he can just go out and buy one of the best CB in the league (Nnamdi Asomugha) and not lose a single draft pick.

Asomugha wants to play for a contender and as of right now Dallas doesn't fit that bill especially in the division that they play, at best they are the 3rd best team in the NFC East. Speaking of the NFC East, there's murmurs that the Eagles have Asomugha at the top of their priority list. Philadelphia not only has the need for a top CB to pair with Asante Samuel but they also have the money to spend on a top level recruit.

The cb jones would probably want is peterson. Either way, if he were willing to deal, why not? Buff has a lot of holes and more picks can't hurt.

Although Peterson is a better return man, Amukamara is a better pure cover guy.

Here's an idea to chew on. Dallas' TE Martellus Bennett is rumored to be on the trade block. Jones loves Bennett's talent but realizes that he's being wasting sitting behind Jason Witten. If Buffalo were to trade down then I would love to see them get the Cowboy's 1st and 2nd rd picks packaged with Bennett. Who knows, maybe we could get them to throw in their 2012's 5th rd pick also, that of course if they wanted to trade up for "The Prince".

I could see Dallas wanting to trade up for the top CB in the draft, whoever that is. Not sure that Jerry's ego has much to do with that?

Awesome.

Can you modify this to find us Right OT sooner in the draft. Another year of Howard/Wrotto is not going to cut it.

Asomugha wants to play for a contender and as of right now Dallas doesn't fit that bill especially in the division that they play, at best they are the 3rd best team in the NFC East. Speaking of the NFC East, there's murmurs that the Eagles have Asomugha at the top of their priority list. Philadelphia not only has the need for a top CB to pair with Asante Samuel but they also have the money to spend on a top level recruit.

Here's an idea to chew on. Dallas' TE Martellus Bennett is rumored to be on the trade block. Jones loves Bennett's talent but realizes that he's being wasting sitting behind Jason Witten. If Buffalo were to trade down then I would love to see them get the Cowboy's 1st and 2nd rd picks packaged with Bennett. Who knows, maybe we could get them to throw in their 2012's 5th rd pick also, that of course if they wanted to trade up for "The Prince".

again a reminder -- until a cba is reached, no player trades, no future draft picks

Another great draft, except for the same issue I had with a previous one you posted. Not thrilled with wasting a pick on a 4th round QB. Especially the choices Ive seen of Devlin from Delaware, and Kaepernick from Nevada.

Would rather go DB or WR there. But foremost would go for Mericic from Stanford if he was there at 109. Either of Auburn's OTs available at that spot as well?

Other than that, BEAUTIFUL draft and it saddens me to see it because it means that it will never play out like that....

Edited by DrDankenstein

Not sure that Jerry's ego has much to do with that?

The Dallas Cowboys are ALL about Jones' ego. He couldn't be satisfied with having a Super Bowl dynasty with the team that Jimmy Johnson built, he had to meddle. Forcing Terrell Owens down Parcells' throat and running the Tuna out is just another prime example of Jones interferring with the football operations. Being rich and being able to purchase a franchise does NOT qualify someone as being competent in running a football team. Having a good GM, coach etc is what it takes to run an operation effectively and Jones won't allow it. He totally dominates his drafts and the daily football operations and then he wonders why his teams are ALWAYS underacheiving. His November 1st press conference takes the cake. He apologizes for the state of his team. He should look in the mirror, that's where the real problem lies.

Your post would have been much better if you had not referred to Jerry Jones as an Idiot. Petty name calling is childish.

I apologize if I offended you, it was never my intention. The word idiot does have a meaning and a definition and I feel that Jones deserves the label but if it was too harsh then I'll remove it to keep the peace on the message board.

When I look at the pick value and who could be willing to trade up then Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys stands out. His meddling ways and his ego will not allow him to stand idle during this or any other draft. Have you ever watched him and his son Stephen in the war room during the draft? They look like they belonged in my last year's fantasy football draft. I can't stand this guy but he is like a craftier Daniel Snyder, he just has to outsmart everybody. Well, if Buffalo wants to trade down then let Jerry Jones "pull a fast one" over on them. Jones will pay and he will pay handsomely. Take a look at the WR Roy Williams' trade, Jones couldn't pay enough for the guy and Detroit was the clearcut winner in that scenario.

Sorry, I'm not able to edit the original post, this is the best I can do.

local talk show people here in philly do not think philly could have 2 CBs that are commanding $20+M apiece

Another great draft, except for the same issue I had with a previous one you posted. Not thrilled with wasting a pick on a 4th round QB. Especially the choices Ive seen of Devlin from Delaware, and Kaepernick from Nevada.

Would rather go DB or WR there. But foremost would go for Mericic from Stanford if he was there at 109. Either of Auburn's OTs available at that spot as well?

Other than that, BEAUTIFUL draft and it saddens me to see it because it means that it will never play out like that....

It may be the 4th round pick, but it's the 6th player chosen. The previous 5 all address major needs, so I'm ok with a QB for that pick. I'd prefer Devlin, though I don't know enough about Kaepernick.

I wonder if Astro is running this draft from a Bills perspective and forgetting other teams' needs. :thumbsup:

I would like to see them stand their ground and take a game changer.

You talk like you became a Bills fan prior to this season.

It's the same front office in charge with the exception of Nix, who relies on the same staff that has summarily dropped a deuce on Wilson's desk annually for picks that should have done just that, generated game-changers, on or about the last weekend in April every year.

Good luck with that.

Edited by TaskersGhost

...The Cowboys' secondary blows and they need a big time CB. Dalls' CB Terence Newman will be 33 years old by the start of next season and the Cowboys are needing his replacement. I'm sure Jones, with his huge ego, doesn't expect to be picking this high again in the draft for quite sometime. Here he will have the opportunity to pick up a blue chip CB in Nebraska's Prince Amukamara. If Jerry wants to meddle again, and I'm sure that he does, then I say make him pay, make him pay dearly.

So why would this be a stupid "egotistical" move by Jones to get this blue cheap possible "shut down" corner at number 3? I would not be upset if the Bills took this kid at 3, if he is that good. How can drafting a great CB, the best in the draft, and one that might be the next Derrelle Revis, ever be considered a reach or a "luxury" pick, when as you say, the Cowboys are desperate for CB help, and the Bills are not exactly set there themselves with an aging injury prone McGee on one side and young inconsistent McKelvin on the other. The best overal CB on the Bills might be Drayton Florence who is set to take another dive into FA this off season.

So I'm not sure what your point is supposed to prove. :huh: