Potential probowlers

mrags

I know a few weeks ago I started a thread about this entire team is full of holes and sub par talent. Oh how things have changed in just 2 weeks. Fitz is playing absolutely out of his mind. Stevie Johnson is showing he's a real starter quality wr in this league and now that he's doing well and the emergence of a qb and a coach willing to throw the ball downfield, Evans has put up some solid numbers. Truthfully, I think Johnson will emerge as the #1 wr on this team and Evans will be there for what he is built for, to stretch the field and open some things up. The running game (or maybe the gameplan for the run) has not impressed anyone at this point but we all know what we have with Freddy and hope we have something with CJ.

At the end of the year I believe we will have a few probowlers on this team.

Johnson

Fitz

potentially a olmen (just my hopes that someone emerges, Wood or Levitre maybe)

and I'll even throw in Poz or maybe Whitner just on the number of tackles they are making because everyone else is so horrible on defense. It's gonna take a few fumble recoveries, sacks, and interceptions but it might happen.

Right now (minus the 0-6 record) this team is looking like what we hoped they would look like (exception to the horrible defense) at the beginning of the year.

Gailey made Thigpen look like a star and there no doubt he will/can do it with Fitz. I just hope if he looks good all year that Ralph doesn't make good on his promise and draft a $70million gamble at qb when we already have one capable of putting up good games.

We really need defensive help (especially the front 7) and I hope we get it. Just think, if we can pick 2-3 starters in FA at LB, DE, NT then we might actually have a shot at looking good next year.

I'll eat my crow with hot sauce from Duffs about how bad I thought they all were a few weeks ago.

I know a few weeks ago I started a thread about this entire team is full of holes and sub par talent. Oh how things have changed in just 2 weeks. Fitz is playing absolutely out of his mind. Stevie Johnson is showing he's a real starter quality wr in this league and now that he's doing well and the emergence of a qb and a coach willing to throw the ball downfield, Evans has put up some solid numbers. Truthfully, I think Johnson will emerge as the #1 wr on this team and Evans will be there for what he is built for, to stretch the field and open some things up. The running game (or maybe the gameplan for the run) has not impressed anyone at this point but we all know what we have with Freddy and hope we have something with CJ.

Johnson

Fitz

and I'll even throw in Poz or maybe Whitner just on the number of tackles they are making because everyone else is so horrible on defense. It's gonna take a few fumble recoveries, sacks, and interceptions but it might happen.

Right now (minus the 0-6 record) this team is looking like what we hoped they would look like (exception to the horrible defense) at the beginning of the year.

Gailey made Thigpen look like a star and there no doubt he will/can do it with Fitz. I just hope if he looks good all year that Ralph doesn't make good on his promise and draft a $70million gamble at qb when we already have one capable of putting up good games.

We really need defensive help (especially the front 7) and I hope we get it. Just think, if we can pick 2-3 starters in FA at LB, DE, NT then we might actually have a shot at looking good next year.

I'll eat my crow with hot sauce from Duffs about how bad I thought they all were a few weeks ago.

:D

I am completely baffled by everybody on this website. We are 0-6. The bills got their asses handed to them most games. They play one good game having to weeks to prepare against a team where most players probably did not prepare seriously assuming it would be a cake walk. Now everybody is in love with the team and the offense. They say that the defense sucks and we need defensive players. The same guys were decent last year even though they were on the field forever. We just have a bad and cheap DC. Our headcoach is good OC. End of story. Let's not talk pro-bowl. Not gonna happen.

I am completely baffled by everybody on this website. We are 0-6. The bills got their asses handed to them most games. They play one good game having to weeks to prepare against a team where most players probably did not prepare seriously assuming it would be a cake walk. Now everybody is in love with the team and the offense. They say that the defense sucks and we need defensive players. The same guys were decent last year even though they were on the field forever. We just have a bad and cheap DC. Our headcoach is good OC. End of story. Let's not talk pro-bowl. Not gonna happen.

I'm willing to bet at least one of those players I listed will be a problowler at the one of the hear. Even last year we had Kyle Williams (even if he was an alternate which I really don't count)

Actually ass handed to us in only 2 games. (Jets & Pack) In 3 games (NE, Jax, Bal) the offense was pretty okay.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Actually ass handed to us in only 2 games. (Jets & Pack) In 3 games (NE, Jax, Bal) the offense was pretty okay.

PTR

Well, to be fair, our offense was only effective for the most part in the first half in both the NE and Jax game in comparison to how we fared in the 2nd half.

After only being down 1 at the half, we found ourselves down 15 with less than 5 minutes left. Our only score in the 2nd half was a KO return by Spiller until Fitz got a late TD with like 4 min left in the game and NE was just playing prevent. We showed life in the first half, but were mostly stale in the 2nd half.

Jax - the offense was dead from about midway through the 3rd all the way until the end of the game. We finally scored again with about a minute left in the game, but by that time we were down 16 and again playing against the prevent.

Johnson

Fitz

If Whitner makes the Probowl it should be immediately canceled because it will prove once and for all that's it's a complete and utter farce.

Guys - this is the literal worst team in the NFL. When we were merely a mediocre 6-10 or 7-9 team, we'd rarely send anyone to the Pro Bowl.

So yeah, nobody. Except maybe Kyle Williams, since DT is a bit of a reputation position (like OL), and he's already made it. So people who feel sorry for us getting nobody might send him.

Not the same guys. We lost two veterans -- Schobel and Mitchell. Schobel was really our only pass rushing threat. And that is a fairly large problem for us right now -- generating pressure.

Agreed. One good offensive showing and people think Fitzpatrick is an all-pro and Gailey a miracle worker. 0-6 with many more losses to come.

This guy is talking about Whitner and Poz going to the Pro Bowl. If I made that statement people would be harassing me and calling me names.

Where the heck is the troll police!?

He is not being harassed because, although misguided here, he is an actual fan of the team.

understood and agreed. but we are just Fans, which is short for "fanatics", so the sun always comes up in the morning and a bright new day dawns again for our bills. truthfully, barring a rash of injuries, they do look to be better the rest of the season. Ravens play good D, and ChanFitz basically shredded them from start to finish.

Johnson

Fitz

Aaron Maybin!!!!!!!!!

You really need to rethink the subject of your post(s) before posting.

Johnson

Fitz

If they beat the Chiefs will you start a thread on them going to the playoffs?

You haven't been a member to this board for even a year yet and you want to speak up like you're an old-head... "Let's not talk pro-bowl" Why not? Because we don't have a win yet? That's total BS... last time I checked the PB is actually about the individual and not the team... How bout you contribute a better opinion next time instead of calling everyone kool aid chuggers... It baffles me when people get gutz on a message board and try to be little other members

Johnson

Fitz

And this is punishment?

IT would be nice to stop the run a game or two, you know, under 200 yards or so. I find it difficult to put Witner at the same level with Reed and Polamalu, with whom he would be in competition to make the pro bowl. We can always hope. The offense is showing more than signs of life. If the defense comes around who knows, but...? I do love kool aid.

Edited by larz tex

Pro Bowlers -- Someone is hitting the hit sauce a little hard. The defense is easily the worst in the NFL and you sat two guys could be pro bowlers. i don't think they define a probowler as someone who makes tackles 15 yards down field after a big gain.

The bottom line is that this team has some talent, but not hearly enough to be good. At the same time, I have to believe the defensive scheme and coaching is really poor as no team can look this bad on talent alone.

I have based my opinions based in how the offense has been performing and how even a horrible defense has some guys that rack up tons of tackles and manage to look better than they actually are. Poz and whitner will have most of the tackles on this defense because of thier positions and because they are some of the only halfway decent players on the defense (I stress halfway).

I have made my predictions. I'm not saying that any or all of them will make a running for the PB. But at least one of these guys WILL make it. I'm just making a guess at who it might be.

FWIW the record of the team has absolutely nothing to do with the PB

Homer fans want to feel good and will highlight anything and everything to facilitate this. Feeling good and hope are more important than reality and the pain that can come with it when things don't work out for your favorite football team. I guess they'll have to finish with 2 or fewer wins with a few more blowouts to even begin convincing the hardcore homers how bad it is.

I know a few weeks ago I started a thread about this entire team is full of holes and sub par talent. Oh how things have changed in just 2 weeks. <...>

Three letters stand between you and this pleasant idyll:

WIN

Since three different people stated the teams record, I'll be the second to remind everyone that the Pro Bowl has nothing to do with a teams record.

Officially, it does not.

Unofficially, team performance influences perception of a player's skill.

PTR

The Bills are the only winless team out of 32 teams in the league. Most credible analysts have us ranked last in the league. When fans get excited over a loss because the offense played reasonably well then the expectations are embarrassingly low.

Those so willing to rationalize a generation of mediocre football are not really commenting about the dismal product on the field. They are more demonstrating how gullible they are. When it gets to the point that loyalists believe that not getting overmatched on the field is considered a moral victory then it it time to just close shop and let it go.

I have based my opinions based in how the offense has been performing and how even a horrible defense has some guys that rack up tons of tackles and manage to look better than they actually are. Poz and whitner will have most of the tackles on this defense because of thier positions and because they are some of the only halfway decent players on the defense (I stress halfway).

I have made my predictions. I'm not saying that any or all of them will make a running for the PB. But at least one of these guys WILL make it. I'm just making a guess at who it might be.

FWIW the record of the team has absolutely nothing to do with the PB

FWIW you are just plain wrong. Record has to do with everything. Also, previous trips make a big difference. Yes its a one year personal achievement award but you are incredibly shortsighted to not realize that winning teams get more tv exposure, more hype, more respect around the league. The bills are small market, and outside of the fans and teams that play them this year- most will just see a poor performing team.

Take for instance an indy fan, coach or player - they don't see them on tv, they don't watch gamefilm, they never take a hit from poz or whitner.... They see an 0-6 team ranked at the bottom in D and a bunch of guys that when playing better in the past were not probowlers. Why would the average voter take them over others at their positions? Cause they feel bad for buffalo not having anyone is the only reason... The classic oh yea - who's good on that team? Oh he has the most tackles....

And just a general curiosity - has a qb with a losing record made the PB? If so who? How many? I'm not saying its impossible but highly unlikely that the roster will read Brady, manning, fitz.

Agreed. One good offensive showing and people think Fitzpatrick is an all-pro and Gailey a miracle worker. 0-6 with many more losses to come.

Fitz has played 4 games, not 1. Those 4 games were against two bad pass defenses (NE and JAX) and two good ones (NYJ and BAL).

After those 4 games he is currently the #2 rated passer in the NFL.

If he continues at his current 4-game pace for the remaining 10, he will end the year with 38.5 TD's and 14 INT's.

I'm not saying he will do that for the next 10 weeks, but if he does, he belongs in the pro-bowl.

For his pro-bowl consideration, anyone who blames the QB for not winning when he is supported by the NFL's worst defense is an idiot.

Why is this so hard to grasp? I didn't even like Fitz at the beginning of the year - I wanted him cut to take pressure off Edwards who I hoped was still salvagable, and I can see it.

Fitz has played 4 games, not 1. Those 4 games were against two bad pass defenses (NE and JAX) and two good ones (NYJ and BAL).

After those 4 games he is currently the #2 rated passer in the NFL.

If he continues at his current 4-game pace for the remaining 10, he will end the year with 38.5 TD's and 14 INT's.

I'm not saying he will do that for the next 10 weeks, but if he does, he belongs in the pro-bowl.

For his pro-bowl consideration, anyone who blames the QB for not winning when he is supported by the NFL's worst defense is an idiot.

Why is this so hard to grasp? I didn't even like Fitz at the beginning of the year - I wanted him cut to take pressure off Edwards who I hoped was still salvagable, and I can see it.

Couple problems - probowl voting commences in about 3-4 weeks doesn't it? Also, who do you drop for fitz..... Manning? Brady? Rivers? I'm not going to say he's having a better year but schaub has a better league rep, more fan recognition, and is putting up numbers. Sanchez is a one loss qb. Its unlikely but if big ben rips off 5-6 straight wins including several on national tv he could get right Into the discussion (tho the black eye might keep that out). Even VY was at a 90+ qb rating. If I had to guess I think he'd be hard pressed to be a second or third alternate unless he starts winning games AND keeps up the big numbers. Its a lot easier to go back to a probowl then it is to break into it and the AFC has a pretty well established pecking order. Baltimore could have been a signature win but instead was buffalo being buffalo to those outside of the die hard fan base.

People don't know fitz as a winner and are assuming people aren't taking buff seriously as part of his success. When you get called a speedbump, and national debate is if you can beat a UFL team its hard to get your qb into probowl debate. Hell, people are barely taking him serious cor fantasy football where winning really doesn't matter haha.

Edited by NoSaint