Seahawks Still Quite Interested In Lynch

H2o

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that the Seahawks are "quite interested" in Marshawn Lynch, should the Bills decide to trade him.

This disputes an ESPN report from late last week that Lynch "has zero trade value." Seattle is an excellent fit on paper following the release of LenDale White. The Seahawks also use a zone-blocking system similar to what Lynch played in at Cal. Still, they might not offer more than a late-round pick.

Zero trade value? No value in trading him maybe. This offense needs playmakers this year and he is going to be a part of a three headed monster. There is still potential for ML regardless of his off the field issues and IMHO there is no reason to give him away for a future late round pic. I think he's more valueable where he is at. The guy is under contract, let him play it out and keep his nose clean so he can get his next payday.

I follow the conventional wisdom around here that ML is worth more than a late round pick, witlessness notwithstanding. Buddy and Chan have shown early on that draft picks are the way they'll build this team, so none are likely to be used in aquisitions. 'Hawks don't have anything we're really interested in.

The only way I see ML going there is if another team gets involved. 3-way trade deal that lands us an OT with the kind of value Lynch still has (witlessness nothwithstanding).

Otherwise he's a 3-year RB injury insurance policy for the Bills.

Zero trade value? No value in trading him maybe. This offense needs playmakers this year and he is going to be a part of a three headed monster. There is still potential for ML regardless of his off the field issues and IMHO there is no reason to give him away for a future late round pic. I think he's more valueable where he is at. The guy is under contract, let him play it out and keep his nose clean so he can get his next payday.

Excellent assessment.

If it's true that the Seawhawks offered a third rounder for him during the draft it was a very dumb move by Nix to pass it up.

Accept for the fact that Nix realizes that a 3rd pick isn't fair compensation for his skills. When are the Lynch is a bad boy whiners going to realize that prior to CJ Spiller, Lynch was and is the best most proven back on the team. How many rushing TDs did our "starter" Fred Jackson have last year? I'll save you the trouble looking...two...that's right ...TWO stinkin' rushing TDs all year. Let's not forget it was the train wreck of a coaching staff in Jauron that made Fred the starter. I don't know about you but if we took every one of Jauron's decisions and did the opposite we might have won a super bowl.

I never said Lynch was a great person off the field but on the field he was our best offensive weapon. He scored pts. You can rub yourself over jackson's yards per carry but Lynch is the guy that got in the end zone. NO...it wasn't a goal line vs a between the 20's thing either with Lynch and Jackson. Jackson had PLENTY of opportunities to get in the end zone. ON THE FIELD...I liked em both. Off the field I like Freddie a hell of a lot more than Lynch. On the field, Lynch scores TDs.

Personally I think Marshawn was more "stupid" and unprepared for wealth and fame than he was a bad person. Not making excuses because the end result is the same but I can separate a measure of off field stupidity and immaturity from on field performance.

I think Buddy has enough savvy to not let Lynch go cheap.

Every year without fail a running back goes down in the preseason or early in the year. There is going to be some team out there who will need a back like THE BEAST but until then ... either he plays in Chan's system or let him sit ... the pressure is on him and frankly, if he fails to report they can make an example out of him and hold his salary for 3 years ... then he can go looking for a team.

CJ and FREDDIE ... we're in good shape!

If Seattle's quite interested, and Marshawn is an excellent fit on paper for the Seahawks, then why would Seattle expect the Bills to part with him for a late round pick? This is some stupid !@#$.

Is it too much to ask that Rotoworld write a coherent, well thought out story?

Is it too much to ask that Rotoworld write a coherent, well thought out story?

Yes, considering Rotoworld doesn't really write stories, it comments on how player and team news affects Fantasy Football scoring, based on other reporters stories, observations, tweets, etc.

I follow the conventional wisdom around here that ML is worth more than a late round pick, witlessness notwithstanding. Buddy and Chan have shown early on that draft picks are the way they'll build this team, so none are likely to be used in aquisitions. 'Hawks don't have anything we're really interested in.

The only way I see ML going there is if another team gets involved. 3-way trade deal that lands us an OT with the kind of value Lynch still has (witlessness nothwithstanding).

I agree. I only see Lynch going to Seattle in a trade ala Philadelphia/Denver/Detroit earlier this year. Question is...what trade partner would want Leroy Hill, arguably Seattle's bes chip in a trade?

Accept for the fact that Nix realizes that a 3rd pick isn't fair compensation for his skills. When are the Lynch is a bad boy whiners going to realize that prior to CJ Spiller, Lynch was and is the best most proven back on the team. How many rushing TDs did our "starter" Fred Jackson have last year? I'll save you the trouble looking...two...that's right ...TWO stinkin' rushing TDs all year. Let's not forget it was the train wreck of a coaching staff in Jauron that made Fred the starter. I don't know about you but if we took every one of Jauron's decisions and did the opposite we might have won a super bowl.

I never said Lynch was a great person off the field but on the field he was our best offensive weapon. He scored pts. You can rub yourself over jackson's yards per carry but Lynch is the guy that got in the end zone. NO...it wasn't a goal line vs a between the 20's thing either with Lynch and Jackson. Jackson had PLENTY of opportunities to get in the end zone. ON THE FIELD...I liked em both. Off the field I like Freddie a hell of a lot more than Lynch. On the field, Lynch scores TDs.

Personally I think Marshawn was more "stupid" and unprepared for wealth and fame than he was a bad person. Not making excuses because the end result is the same but I can separate a measure of off field stupidity and immaturity from on field performance.

You don't say.....

Insert Baltimore...we get Gaither, Seattle Gets Lynch, and Baltimore gets Seattles '11 second rounder...Not sure how much Seattle is willing to give up, being that we turned down 2 3rd rd picks offered up by them previously...it was 2 3rd rounders, right? :devil:

If it's true that the Seawhawks offered a third rounder for him during the draft it was a very dumb move by Nix to pass it up.

Well, the Seahawks traded their 3rd round pick in the 2010 draft (along with it's 2009 5th) to Philadelphia for a higher 2009 3rd round pick.

The Seahawks have also traded their 3rd round pick in the 2011 draft to San Diego (for QB Whitehurst).

Can we PLEASE stop with the Seahawks offered us a 3rd rounder and we turned it down crapola. They didn't have one to offer.

Even if this were the last year of his contract, trading Lynch for a 4th is worth much less then getting a years production out of him; especially considering we have 2 other solid backs to minimize pressure on him and allow him to stay fresh and be productive.

The fact remains Lynch has TWO more years left on his contract and his salary is VERY reasonable. At that rate, you hold on to the guy and get 2 solid years of solid production out of him. The only way you trade him is if someone makes you an offer that outweighs the benefit of keeping a good running back for 2 more years and that would be a 2nd rd pick.

Forget the whole "so and so was a late rd pick and he turned into a hall of famer", we don't get that lucky and banking on finding a diamond in the rough in the 3rd or later is foolish. 3rd rd picks are likely to develop into decent starters and in some outlying cases, could be really good. 1st and 2nd rd picks are the money picks. Lynch, though coming off a rough year due in large part to his suspension, has 2 years to audition for a new job and I believe he should be well above average and he has the ability to be a real threat. Like I said, absent a 2nd rd pick, Lynch can whine all he wants but he is going to ride out his contract with us

Well, the Seahawks traded their 3rd round pick in the 2010 draft (along with it's 2009 5th) to Philadelphia for a higher 2009 3rd round pick.

The Seahawks have also traded their 3rd round pick in the 2011 draft to San Diego (for QB Whitehurst).

Can we PLEASE stop with the Seahawks offered us a 3rd rounder and we turned it down crapola. They didn't have one to offer.

bumped this post to the next page, cause there are some people that just don't get this.

His current actions would be the present tense. The past tense is not appropriate.

Ayup. Some RB is guaranteed to go down in preseason, hold out and see if Lynch's value goes up. Cant hurt at this point.

Exactly. He is worth more the longer you hold on to him and the more injuries rack up. That include the Bills. I personally think he will be the starter but if indeed fan fav Freddie is the starter there is no guarantee his old bones will make it through the year unscathed.

I agree with you.

Exactly. He is worth more the longer you hold on to him and the more injuries rack up. That include the Bills. I personally think he will be the starter but if indeed fan fav Freddie is the starter there is no guarantee his old bones will make it through the year unscathed.

Yea I hear people say trade him when someones injured - what if someone is fred j? Things wouldn't be looking good for us if we dealt lynch. Say Jackson gets a season ender early leaving spiller, and.........

Lynch still has value to us. If we trade him it has to be for something worthwhile.

Don't trade ML unless we're going to get something good for him. A second by itself may not even be enough. The guy can play. Why trade our #1 from a few years ago who has rushed for 1000 yards and was ROL just because he's a little bit of a trouble maker? Since we don't have a good QB our offense is likely to be built around RBs doing a lot.

No way in H E double hockey sticks I trade him for a 3rd or a 4th.