J.P signs with Seahawks

He embraced Buffalo a heck of a lot more than some other players we had....even went above and beyond in my opinion. And yes...that counts for something. Too bad the on the field product never materialized. I wish him well. He certainly gave it his best shot here in all phases.

JP moved into the City of Buffalo ... he worked hard to be part of this community becoming one of Western New York's biggest boosters on the national scene. In every interview he gave to out of town media you had a sense that the guy really loved the place most of us call home. Something we complain that other members of our professional teams fail to do.

And yes, he failed on the field. Another in the list of many first round quarterbacks selected by another group of professional scouts from almost every team who make choices that go bad. Oh wait, who does Kiper like in the first round let's get him ... or boy I hope the Bills fail this year so we can pick a quarterback with next year's pick because those first rounders always bring in Super Bowl victories just ask the people in New Engla ... oh never mind.

So, JP didn't work out. He had such offensive minded coaches here who were absolutely dedicated to scoring as many points as possible with an attack offense ... oh wait ... we had Dick didn't we.

But to wish bad things for a guy who tried. For a guy who cared about our community. In fact, to mock what he did here. It's just another sad day realizing how sad it is that there is a significant group of people who thrive so much on their negativity that they just won't take a moment to appreciate someone who tried but just didn't work out.

To me it was great news when JP won with Las Vegas and if he can make it in Seattle that would be a good thing.

But, now is the time to be hopeful that one of the four in camp is the guy. I am a Bills' fan and I want them to win not to lose so I can complain.

GO BILLS and Thanks JP for being a young man willing to care about the community you work in and being williing to volunteer your time to help your neighbors (hey, that's a novel idea. Wonder how many on this board give back to their community at least once a month by volunteering to clean up a neighborhood or help kids with disabilities?)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's is all, carry on.

when you write "That's"...then you don't have to write "is"...because the apostrophe and the "s" is short for "is"...unless you meant to say "That is is all, carry on."...if so, nevermind.

Anyhow... hope JP does well with Seattle and resurrects his career.

He embraced Buffalo a heck of a lot more than some other players we had....even went above and beyond in my opinion. And yes...that counts for something. Too bad the on the field product never materialized. I wish him well. He certainly gave it his best shot here in all phases.
Class

eff JP Losman...I wish he would have suffered a career ender after fumbling against the J-E-T-S.
Classless

Me. And many others. It counts for something.

And it also counts for something that in 2006 he really started to play well, particularly after they opened up the playbook. It was remarkable because the OL at that time was truly bad. He was being protected by Terrence Pennington, Melvin Fowler, Mike Gandy and Tutan Reyes. Now, that's bad. In the second half of the season, two things happened and Losman played very well. Number one was that they put Peters in at right tackle and he immediately became the best OL on the team. The other was that they opened up the playbook, and that attitude and style fitted JP and he improved greatly.

So naturally, the next year they closed the playbook down. And Losman was never the same again. Bad coaching contributed to his regression. A lot. A real lot.

Why? Why would the SAME OC, who had "opened up the playbook" the second half of '06, DELIBERATELY decide to close it down again? Why? Seriously, this revisionist history is old. The playbook was NOT shut down for JP. It was taken away by defenses that JP had little understanding of how to read and when his first option was gone (Evans) he seldom showed the ability to make proper reads, go through his progressions, and/or make something happen.

Yes, coaching played a part. Yes a terrible supporting cast contributed, especially at the other skill positions. And yes, once Edwards was inserted, the coaches simplified things which is the sensible thing to do when going with a rookie.

But the VAST majority of JP's failures fall at his own feet. He didn't have the ability to make adjustments when defenses took away his bread and butter. I wish I had a nickle for every time he audibled into the WRONG play. It got so bad that Fairchild had to tell him to stop audibling. Something he had free reign to do in '06 (those bombs to Evans against Houston were both audibles). That's not shutting down the playbook, that's protecting a QB who is pressing. And JP pressed a LOT under the pressure of losing his position. Then he promptly choked when it was his job to win again.

Lets just wish him luck and hope that he's learned the game a bit more. That he can let the game come to him a bit.

But lets also stop this idea the Fairchild and Co. deliberately changed an offense that JP began to blossom in the year before. That makes NO sense at all. And it is simply not true.

GO BILLS!!!

:thumbsup:

grow up...I hope you have even harsher thoughts for Jason Peters, who basically played matador on that play allowing the sack

Ole!!

Look, I was just as disgusted with Peters and his selfish ways as anyone. But that play against the Jets was not his fault. Not at all. The Jets showed OLB blitz and Peters' first responsibility was to tighten his gap relative to Dockery and help out with the OLB. In the meantime, Elam had not yet showed blitz and did a good job disgiusing it and by the time the ball was snapped, he had a head start and was also a good 3-5 yards to the OUTSIDE of Peters when he crossed the line. You can only tell that by seeing the endzone replay angle. Peters made a helluvan effort just to get in the vicinity to block Elam.

Sometimes you have to chalk it up to a good play by the other team. The Jests did a GREAT job on that play in terms of design and execution.

GO BILLS!!!

JP moved into the City of Buffalo ... he worked hard to be part of this community becoming one of Western New York's biggest boosters on the national scene. In every interview he gave to out of town media you had a sense that the guy really loved the place most of us call home. Something we complain that other members of our professional teams fail to do.

And yes, he failed on the field. Another in the list of many first round quarterbacks selected by another group of professional scouts from almost every team who make choices that go bad. Oh wait, who does Kiper like in the first round let's get him ... or boy I hope the Bills fail this year so we can pick a quarterback with next year's pick because those first rounders always bring in Super Bowl victories just ask the people in New Engla ... oh never mind.

So, JP didn't work out. He had such offensive minded coaches here who were absolutely dedicated to scoring as many points as possible with an attack offense ... oh wait ... we had Dick didn't we.

But to wish bad things for a guy who tried. For a guy who cared about our community. In fact, to mock what he did here. It's just another sad day realizing how sad it is that there is a significant group of people who thrive so much on their negativity that they just won't take a moment to appreciate someone who tried but just didn't work out.

To me it was great news when JP won with Las Vegas and if he can make it in Seattle that would be a good thing.

But, now is the time to be hopeful that one of the four in camp is the guy. I am a Bills' fan and I want them to win not to lose so I can complain.

GO BILLS and Thanks JP for being a young man willing to care about the community you work in and being williing to volunteer your time to help your neighbors (hey, that's a novel idea. Wonder how many on this board give back to their community at least once a month by volunteering to clean up a neighborhood or help kids with disabilities?)

Well said. If only we could feel the same way about Willis. We don't because he was a jerk. JP deserves our best wishes.

had little understanding of how to read and when his first option was gone he seldom showed the ability to make proper reads, go through his progressions, and/or make something happen.

GO BILLS!!!

That fits the guy who replaced him too, doesn't it?

What a !@#$ up franchise.

Why? Why would the SAME OC, who had "opened up the playbook" the second half of '06, DELIBERATELY decide to close it down again? Why? Seriously, this revisionist history is old. The playbook was NOT shut down for JP. It was taken away by defenses that JP had little understanding of how to read and when his first option was gone (Evans) he seldom showed the ability to make proper reads, go through his progressions, and/or make something happen.

Yes, coaching played a part. Yes a terrible supporting cast contributed, especially at the other skill positions. And yes, once Edwards was inserted, the coaches simplified things which is the sensible thing to do when going with a rookie.

But the VAST majority of JP's failures fall at his own feet. He didn't have the ability to make adjustments when defenses took away his bread and butter. I wish I had a nickle for every time he audibled into the WRONG play. It got so bad that Fairchild had to tell him to stop audibling. Something he had free reign to do in '06 (those bombs to Evans against Houston were both audibles). That's not shutting down the playbook, that's protecting a QB who is pressing. And JP pressed a LOT under the pressure of losing his position. Then he promptly choked when it was his job to win again.

Lets just wish him luck and hope that he's learned the game a bit more. That he can let the game come to him a bit.

But lets also stop this idea the Fairchild and Co. deliberately changed an offense that JP began to blossom in the year before. That makes NO sense at all. And it is simply not true.

GO BILLS!!!

+1

Look, I was just as disgusted with Peters and his selfish ways as anyone. But that play against the Jets was not his fault. Not at all. The Jets showed OLB blitz and Peters' first responsibility was to tighten his gap relative to Dockery and help out with the OLB. In the meantime, Elam had not yet showed blitz and did a good job disgiusing it and by the time the ball was snapped, he had a head start and was also a good 3-5 yards to the OUTSIDE of Peters when he crossed the line. You can only tell that by seeing the endzone replay angle. Peters made a helluvan effort just to get in the vicinity to block Elam.

Sometimes you have to chalk it up to a good play by the other team. The Jests did a GREAT job on that play in terms of design and execution.

GO BILLS!!!

+1. I was at that game and sat in the vicinity of that play.

eff JP Losman...I wish he would have suffered a career ender after fumbling against the J-E-T-S.

O goody, another poster who thinks everyone should get hurt. :sick::devil::thumbsup:

Why do people have to be A-holes?

I wish i knew, but i dont. Considered internet tough guys.

Classless

What do you expect for him, hes been a troll ever since hes been on this board.

Best post I have ever seen on this board. I agree 100%. And btw, JP still has his house in Buffalo. I know for a fact that he was in town last week and flew from Buffalo to Seattle on Sunday. I wish him well in Seattle or wherever else he ends up.

Guest dog14787
Me. And many others. It counts for something.

And it also counts for something that in 2006 he really started to play well, particularly after they opened up the playbook. It was remarkable because the OL at that time was truly bad. He was being protected by Terrence Pennington, Melvin Fowler, Mike Gandy and Tutan Reyes. Now, that's bad. In the second half of the season, two things happened and Losman played very well. Number one was that they put Peters in at right tackle and he immediately became the best OL on the team. The other was that they opened up the playbook, and that attitude and style fitted JP and he improved greatly.

So naturally, the next year they closed the playbook down. And Losman was never the same again. Bad coaching contributed to his regression. A lot. A real lot.

+1

Exactly what does embracing Buffalo count for? Seriously I hate people who say crap like that. I'm fairly certain Bruce Smith never spent one extra day in Buffalo than he had to and we cheered him all the way to the HOF. Who gives a F if the player likes the city or thinks its a shathole if he can play and win?

How did you feel when willis McGahee crapped on Buffalo with his comments about the night life and women? 99% of bills fans, including me, wanted that scum bag off our team. I'd much rather have a player like JP on the team who "embraced" the city and the people. It's not just about winning to me. Class counts for something. Something this board seriously lacks at times. Like the guy who said eff losman and wished he would have a career ending injury. If you want to hate anybody, someone who wishes for a player to get seriously hurt should be the one. and our own player nonetheless. unfrickinbelievable.

Why? Why would the SAME OC, who had "opened up the playbook" the second half of '06, DELIBERATELY decide to close it down again? Why? Seriously, this revisionist history is old. The playbook was NOT shut down for JP.

You forget that Jauron was the head coach and he did want a very conservative offense and he did want it simplified. Steve Fairchild comes out of the Coryell line of offensive coaches and those principles evaporated over time to an offense that took few chances and played around the line of scrimmage making it easier for the defense and, yes, the defenses gobbled it up and slammed the door. I agree that we didn't have an overly talented offense, but I have to disagree that Jauron's risk-free philosophy was not in play and had no effect on the offense. It did.

I agree with you. He gave it his best shot. I wish him well, he tried with a very difficult front line and got his bell rung too many times. He needed a Kelso helmet.

Hey I am all for a guy embracing the town he plays for. It just doesn't mean anything if he is garbage on the field. Moorman is the best of both worlds correct? Seems to like Buffalo and the fans while being a great player on the field.

As for guys ripping someone like Trent for saying the Bills weren't his favorite team that is ridiculous. If I remember correctly Corto is from Buffalo - do you think he will say Buffalo wasn't his favorite team growing up if he signs a contract with some other team.

Trent never said that. He said he wasn't a fan (implicitly that he was a player) and couldn't really answer the question posed. Just saying...

+1

Well said.

Hey...just telling you what I wished for. My apologies are extended to the morality police, but I meant what I said.

^^It's this attitude that makes good people leave. ^^ Have an opinion, debate topics, but the constant bashing of players and members on here is beyond out of control.

I am a moderator on a highly successful import car forum where young people can get out of hand, but on our board it rarely ever does becuase abusers are simply not tolerated, and removed. and our site has more members than any other site for that particular vehicle, because it is a community where people respect each other.

That's not an apology, i'm sure you never even meant to, it's sarcasm, rude, and has no place on a board where we are all supposed to be able to discuss our passion for the Bills. Some of us are even neighbors, and there's no way anyone would talk to another person in real life the way it occurs here.

Except in preparing for games, watching film, etc..

Well written post ! I agree in its entirety.

And for the record, Losman did live in Buffalo but let's completely overblow it. He was a single guy and liked going to bars. If I was single Bills, I'd want to live in the city too. It also way cheaper and you can get a great house.

As for his cleanup, do you mean the cleanup he did one year when he was the starting QB? What happened to it the next year after Losman was the backup and Trent was starting? Craig Nall got cut and re-signed and participated in the clean-up. Can you have a cleanup in the city you claim to love if you're a backup?

I have no ill will towards Losman but the guy was not Jesus. A lot of the things he did were for PR and his own benefit. Good luck to him in Seattle but this pretty much shows what the rest of the league things of him.

^^It's this attitude that makes good people leave. ^^ Have an opinion, debate topics, but the constant bashing of players and members on here is beyond out of control.

I am a moderator on a highly successful import car forum where young people can get out of hand, but on our board it rarely ever does becuase abusers are simply not tolerated, and removed. and our site has more members than any other site for that particular vehicle, because it is a community where people respect each other.

That's not an apology, i'm sure you never even meant to, it's sarcasm, rude, and has no place on a board where we are all supposed to be able to discuss our passion for the Bills. Some of us are even neighbors, and there's no way anyone would talk to another person in real life the way it occurs here.

You obviously don't know me at all. I would say that to your face and to his, if I were to meet him. My passion for the Bills acknowledges the fact JP was a losing QB. Whether he kissed babies or cleaned up something is irrelevant to me as I do not live anywhere near Buffalo, nor do I care about that. That's awesome he is a nice guy and I say that without a hint of sarcasm. However my hatred for JP as the Bills QB was and is deep. This is an opinion forum and I expressed mine. If you disagree, that's your prerogative. Expressing my opinion, which may not be popular, has generated more discussion here, which is the purpose of a forum.

Obviously you don't agree with my comment,I don't care. I care about wins and losses from a football team I have followed for over 35 years. JP didn't provide the wins, so I provided my opinion. I could care less what anyone thinks about it.

Excellent point. JP had been playing well and was looked at as a rising star before Dick Jauron and his "play not to lose" dump off, predictably simple offensive scheme came to town. I recall Trent coming in and it looked like an improvement b/c we were actually moving the ball, although it was all dump offs.

Maybe if we'd stuck with an actual NFL offense, Losman wouldn't have regressed. I hope he rebounds in Seattle.

You obviously don't know me at all. <-correct, but that goes without saying I would say that to your face and to his, if I were to meet him. <- all the girls will think you are cool if you did My passion for the Bills acknowledges the fact JP was a losing QB. <-player stats should tell you that, you must be very fortunate to get that knowledge from an emotion Whether he kissed babies or cleaned up something is irrelevant to me as I do not live anywhere near Buffalo, nor do I care about that. <-Again all the rage with the ladies That's awesome he is a nice guy and I say that without a hint of sarcasm <-incorrect. Referring to people who were disgusted with your obnoxious, childish comment that wished harm on another person becuase he didn't make your favorite team win as "the morality police" is, in fact sarcasm, but judging by this ridiculously lame rebuttal response does not surprise me at all that you don't know that. However my hatred for JP as the Bills QB was and is deep. <-you hate him for not developing as a QB... you must be a blast at Christmas parties This is an opinion forum and I expressed mine. <-Wasn't an opinion, it was a wish of bodily harm, but your wicked cool, so who cares right? If you disagree, that's your prerogative. Expressing my opinion, which may not be popular, has generated more discussion here, which is the purpose of a forum <-discussion about how much you hate a person is laughable that you think that it benefits the OP's original statement, but again, it surprises me little.

Obviously you don't agree with my comment,I don't care. I care about wins and losses from a football team I have followed for over 35 years. JP didn't provide the wins, so I provided my opinion. I could care less what anyone thinks about it. <-Yes you do, or you wouldn't even reply.

Try again. Epic FAIL

And for the record, Losman did live in Buffalo but let's completely overblow it. He was a single guy and liked going to bars. If I was single Bills, I'd want to live in the city too. It also way cheaper and you can get a great house.

As for his cleanup, do you mean the cleanup he did one year when he was the starting QB? What happened to it the next year after Losman was the backup and Trent was starting? Craig Nall got cut and re-signed and participated in the clean-up. Can you have a cleanup in the city you claim to love if you're a backup?

I have no ill will towards Losman but the guy was not Jesus. A lot of the things he did were for PR and his own benefit. Good luck to him in Seattle but this pretty much shows what the rest of the league things of him.

I really am glad that we agree on some things. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I so agree with you ... something is terribly wrong because the reality of the world we live in has resulted in those spouting foul langauge in public forums just laughing it off when reminded that civil folks might be offended ... the inability for all too many people to have a conversation without invectives being spewed towards those who are not in the speakers/writers' own image of perfection ... the disappearance of sincere apologies or understanding when the line has been crossed ... and the total lack of respect for those with differences or disagreements with our point of view.

Calling out the "morality police" is just verification that there are all too many individuals who cherish the opportunity to wish harm on others. It is truly a sad day when more than one member of our society truthfully wishes another person to be injured or harmed just because they failed to produce as a football player for their team or as an elected politician for our State or Nation.

You say that this verbage isn't happening outside this forum but talk radio has vitalized it and I am hearing more and more people speak it out loud.

Would be great to see this forum's contributors show more respect for each other ... but I will never respect or honor opinions that center on wishing harm to others or whose primary language skillset utilizes words of hate or words that most of us would refrain from saying in community settings where children and young people are present.

:devil:

...so the time spent with Wyche and with Jaws (in the offseason) was just for giggles for him?

Having said that, how do either you or I possibly KNOW how he prepared for games? I'm just saying he seemed to try to succeed on the field (but failed) and he certainly tried to improve the town he had adopted as his own.

i hope Seattle gives him a good opportunity and that he isn't already irreparably damaged from the lack of support, inconsistency of offensive coaching and the selfishness of a certain veteran QB (Bledsoe). i still would like to see what he can do and i wish him well.

I don't think anyone here is overblowing it or calling him God. I, for one, am acknowledging that he failed as a QB but by all accounts was an honest and decent guy. Perhaps he did the cleanup for PR but lets not discredit him for doing it in the first place irrespective of his motivation. Also, how is your comment about him being single and liking bars relevant to the conversation ?

For one reason or the other, he failed as a QB for the Bills. But he was a good guy in the time here. Let your opinion of him as a QB not cloud your judgment about his actions off the field.

...so the time spent with Wyche and with Jaws (in the offseason) was just for giggles for him?

Having said that, how do either you or I possibly KNOW how he prepared for games? I'm just saying he seemed to try to succeed on the field (but failed) and he certainly tried to improve the town he had adopted as his own.

You're correct of course. Unless anyone was actually present when JP was working with Wyche, Schonert, Jaws, etc. we couldn't possibly know how he prepared for games.

Regardless, though, we DO have what we saw him do on the field as evidence that, even if he was the most dedicated worker on the team (and perhaps he WAS), that effort did not translate to the field. Now, given that JP possesses rare arm strength and all the physical attributes you'd want in a QB, I can draw some conclusions:

1.) All the film study in the world will not translate to onfield ability to read defenses if what you see at the LOS isn't what you expected based on your film study and you can't make the adjustments. Defenses rarely show you the same looks you see on film very often once they see what your scheme is, so a QB MUST be able to make proper reads. JP failed miserably in that regard. But so did his lineman and other skill players. I'm not sure 'hot read' was even a concept based upon what I saw on the field. So it's not all on JP.

2.) JP simply lacks the mental tools required to make consistent pre/post snap reads. That's his biggest issue based on what I saw him do on the field. It took little to confuse him. The SS is always the QBs first read. Go back and look at films of how opposing safeties suckered JP into making incorrect audibles. It was maddening to watch. Again, much of the blame falls on the players around him but it's mostly on the QB to make proper safety reads.

All that said, I truly hope JP can turn it around. Here's hoping the light goes on and his brain catches up with his physical gifts.

GO BILLS!!!

Hey...just telling you what I wished for. My apologies are extended to the morality police, but I meant what I said.

just shows what type of person you are :thumbsup:

There's only 2 ex-Bills in the NFL who deserve career-ending injuries...McGahee and Peters...they trashed the Bills, the fans, and the city with their words and actions and didn't give their full effort. JP was exactly the opposite and still lives in Buffalo from what I heard...maybe because he knows that there are a lot more fans who appreciate the effort he put in, even though it didn't work out, than there are so-called fans like you

watching film wasn't an issue...from all reports, he put in as much time on film study as anyone...it may be a case where he was never properly taught what to look for in film study sessions, though. Hopefully Fassell helped him out in that area. :ph34r:

You're correct of course. Unless anyone was actually present when JP was working with Wyche, Schonert, Jaws, etc. we couldn't possibly know how he prepared for games.

Regardless, though, we DO have what we saw him do on the field as evidence that, even if he was the most dedicated worker on the team (and perhaps he WAS), that effort did not translate to the field. Now, given that JP possesses rare arm strength and all the physical attributes you'd want in a QB, I can draw some conclusions:

1.) All the film study in the world will not translate to onfield ability to read defenses if what you see at the LOS isn't what you expected based on your film study and you can't make the adjustments. Defenses rarely show you the same looks you see on film very often once they see what your scheme is, so a QB MUST be able to make proper reads. JP failed miserably in that regard. But so did his lineman and other skill players. I'm not sure 'hot read' was even a concept based upon what I saw on the field. So it's not all on JP.

2.) JP simply lacks the mental tools required to make consistent pre/post snap reads. That's his biggest issue based on what I saw him do on the field. It took little to confuse him. The SS is always the QBs first read. Go back and look at films of how opposing safeties suckered JP into making incorrect audibles. It was maddening to watch. Again, much of the blame falls on the players around him but it's mostly on the QB to make proper safety reads.

All that said, I truly hope JP can turn it around. Here's hoping the light goes on and his brain catches up with his physical gifts.

GO BILLS!!!

well said... and not the part about agreeing with me. Your 'breakdown' of JP (or any QB for that matter) is fair. He has to be able to adjust and failed to do so though the variables are many.