UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

I cannot believe anyone is actually serious about picking Tebow with the 9th pick. Absolutely insane. Is this an extended April Fools joke, or has the Tebow man-love gotten this far out of control? Picking him in the second would be a waste - in the first - cause for confinement to an insane asylum.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From everything that he has done in the draft scouting process, he appears to be a project at best with a winning attitude. His physical ability and upside makes him a 3rd or 4th round pick according to most experts. With that said, some GM needing to sell tickets will probably reach to get him in rounds 1 or 2.

Remember he rushed for a lot of yards with power in an offense that created favorable matchups for him against smaller LBs or DBS. He won't get those matchups in the NFL. Not to mention he never had to read defenses in a pro style offense. It's going to be a tough transition for him on the field. He'll sell tickets for somebody though.

Because what would Jerry Rice know about how fast Steve Young is?

The point I was making is that Young was way faster than Tebow. If you disagree, please, prove me wrong, that Young, listed at 4.5, apart from Rice's anecdotal comment about what he did in practice, is not significantly faster than Tebow who runs a 4.72 and, in the Senior bowl, couldn't get out of his own way.

You made the initial post about Steve Young's 40 time (in pads) being faster than Tebows. YOU need to prove YOURSELF right.

I am friends with some die hard football fan in Forida. The talk down there is Tebow goes to Jax in round 1, they do not have a 2nd round pick. He will be their savior at the box office. Jacksonville is close to Gainesville and part of Gator country. The idea of drafting Tebow is an easy sell down there.

If the Bills truly covet Tebow they will take him at #9.

Not saying I agree with the pick. We have a lot of other needs and Tebow is a project.

Well that could turn out to be the dumbest move ever if Tebow ends up sitting behind Garrard for a couple years...Tebow IS NOT a Wildcat QB option...Well at least he's not a good option for the Wildcat...He'll have to make it as a System QB or not at all I think...

Garrard is no slouch...Bringing in Tebow should light the fire of fires under Garrard...So in that regard I think it could work...But if it's just for ticket Sales that's an awful big gamble over the next couple years at least...It's a Top 10 Pick after all...It simply does not make Football sense for J-Ville to Draft Tebow there... :thumbsup:

Bills will draft tebow at 9. They are gonna do it ..... They have done nothing else to sell tix this year. He will be the face of the franchise moving forward. Trent will start next season and Timmy will sit and watch for a year and continue to develop.

timtebow interprets Tchaikovsky:

timtimtimtimtimtim timte e bow

timtimtimtimtimtim timte e bow

timtimtimtimtimtim

timtimtimtimtimtim

timtetimtetimtetimtetetetebow

timtetimtetimtetimtetetetebow

timtimtimtimtimtim

timtimtimtimtimtim

timtimtimTIMTEEBOW

timtimtimTIMTEEBOW

timtimtimtimtimtim timte e bowBOW

timtimtimtimtimtim timte e bowBOW

tim

tim

tim

tim

tim

timtimtimtimtimtimtim

tebowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Bills will draft tebow at 9. They are gonna do it ..... They have done nothing else to sell tix this year. He will be the face of the franchise moving forward. Trent will start next season and Timmy will sit and watch for a year and continue to develop.

You just contradicted your logic for the pick... :wallbash:

Because what would Jerry Rice know about how fast Steve Young is?

The point I was making is that Young was way faster than Tebow. If you disagree, please, prove me wrong, that Young, listed at 4.5, apart from Rice's anecdotal comment about what he did in practice, is not significantly faster than Tebow who runs a 4.72 and, in the Senior bowl, couldn't get out of his own way.

you stated Young ran a "4.3" 40 time (thats nonsense).......while he may be fast, he ain't chris johnson fast.

i agree with ya, young is much faster than tebow. while i'm a fan of Tebow (not a 1st rounder).....he has a long way to go to even get close to what young has accomplished.

You made my point. At team like the patriots have the luxury to take the risk in hopes of high reward. They have that luxury becaue TT can sit for 3 -4 years developing behind Brady....There is an established QB to help teach / mold / adjust TT as a QB.

The Bills do not have that luxury. If TT fails in N.E. no one cares. -- if he fails in Buffalo we continue to digress.....

Quite to the contrary - another guy who doesn't think TT's such a "huge risk" is our nemesis Bill Belicheat*, who happens to have three 2nd-round picks, including Jacksonville's #12 spot (#44 overall). Would he* use one of those to draft Tom Brady's* eventual replacement? Belicheat* certainly has the luxury of 2-3 more years of starting Brady* while developing Tebow and, being a very close friend of Urban Meyer, has visited the Gators camp many times and already developed something of a relationship with Tebow...

Link - Belicheat* calls Tebow ‘great’

BB* doesn't seem all that concerned about TT's 'mechanics, either...

Patriots coach Bill Belicheat* said last week at the owners meetings that he* wasn’t concerned about Tebow having to work on his throwing motion.

“Tiger Woods has rebuilt his golf swing twice. Every quarterback I’ve* ever had or coached has worked on his mechanics and improved them. Phil Simms, certainly {Jeff] Hostetler, [Tom] Brady*. I* can’t think of many that haven’t. It’s part of a player’s development,” Belicheat* said.

(Link - Tim Tebow opens up tight-lipped coach)

Interestingly enough, some have suggested Tebow might be better suited or at least initially moved to Tight End, and the Cheatriettes* just happen to need one...

There’s been plenty of talk about Tebow possibly switching to another position in the pros. Belicheat* believes Tebow’s willingness will serve him well at the next level.

“My* sense of Tim Tebow is that if you asked him to play nose, he’d play nose. I* think he’s that kind of kid. Whatever you ask him to do, I* think he’d do,” Belicheat* told reporters.

(Link - Patriots'* Bill Belicheat* offers glowing praise of Tim Tebow)

As SI's Tim Layden wrote...

Link - The Tebow experiment is inevitable

So the question is, are the Bills going to be the trailblazers? Is Tebow going to usher in the next Bills dynasty and take us from cellar-dweller to Superbowl contender? Or, 3 years from now, will the Cheatriettes* still own us, and will we be moaning, "Crap, why can't the Bills get players like Tim Tebow?"

you stated Young ran a "4.3" 40 time (thats nonsense).......while he may be fast, he ain't chris johnson fast.

i agree with ya, young is much faster than tebow. while i'm a fan of Tebow (not a 1st rounder).....he has a long way to go to even get close to what young has accomplished.

The 4.3 was an anecdotal comment by Jerry Rice about how fast he ran in pads in practice. Young's days in the sun were before the internet and fan obsession with the draft so there isn't the abundance

of info on his particulars that we have on players today. Not only that, he signed with the USFL before the NFL draft so he wasn't on any of the lists you can still dig up for that draft. I backed off that and revised it to 4.5 as that was the closest I coudl find to an offical 40 time for him though there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that he was even faster than that.

I can see why those who made the foolish comparison seized on the minutiae of Young's exact 40 time rather than address the real point, that Young was a lot faster than Tebow will ever be thus any notion that Tebow will have as much success on the ground in the NFL as did Young is unwarranted. If you can't win the argument at hand, start a new one you can win.

iphones have a new app available. it is called timtebow and it is awesome in its awesomeness. all it does is win.

I like the older app, ver. 1, they called it dannywuerffel. It never really caught on though.

I like the older app, ver. 1, they called it dannywuerffel. It never really caught on though.

I'm not really a booster of Tebow - although I do think that he will be a good NFL player at some point - but to compare him to Wuerffel is simply foolish. You can do better than that.

I'm not really a booster of Tebow - although I do think that he will be a good NFL player at some point - but to compare him to Wuerffel is simply foolish. You can do better than that.

Is it significant that timtebow is receiving approximately $93M less after a stellar college career than Lebron James got coming out of HS?

Does Nike dole out contracts based on expected earning potential?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

At about the 23 minute mark Lombardi says there is serious buzz that the Bills had been targeting Tebow at #41 but no longer believe he'll still be around that late and are now giving serious consideration to using the #9 pick on him.

It is all lies and bullcrap between now and the draft.

if they want him, pick him. just cause some analysis dude on some TV station or radio show says that Tebow is a 3rd round talent. doesnt make tebow a 3rd round talent. if the bills pick him in the first round thats their pick..

Is it significant that timtebow is receiving approximately $93M less after a stellar college career than Lebron James got coming out of HS?

Does Nike dole out contracts based on expected earning potential?

I'm not sure what that has to do with Danny Wuerffel.

I don't know. Something tells me Gailey has fallen head over heels for Tebow.

If that's the case, I'd hope he'd have a real good idea how to use him this season effectively while also grooming him for the starting job. That's a hell of a gamble for the new FO as a first pick. It might be boom or bust as far as their credibility as FO is concerned.

It is all lies and bullcrap between now and the draft.

Let's hope so. If the league considers us a joke now I can't imagine the negative publicity if we took him at #9.

However, I think the fans would get over it quick because of the man-crush factor, Kelly/Nix/Gailey signing off and the hype of a potential franchise QB.

if they want him, pick him. just cause some analysis dude on some TV station or radio show says that Tebow is a 3rd round talent. doesnt make tebow a 3rd round talent. if the bills pick him in the first round thats their pick..

totally agree!, after enduring the drafts of the 2000's , what is there to lose?, if they feel tebow is the guy, i am on board, have a degree of confidence in nix's judgment. go get him!

However, I think the fans would get over it quick because of the man-crush factor, Kelly/Nix/Gailey signing off and the hype of a potential franchise QB.

If we pick Tebow I'm expecting some initial groans by a faction of fans but I'm sure once he steps foot in Buffalo and says all the right things Tebowmania is going to spread like wildfire.

I have alot of faith in Buddy -- but Tebow and #9 would be hard for me to stomach -- especially after last year's first round debacle.

ideally, trade down, add a pick, then take him later in the first round with that pick. lets face it, its as much a crapshoot as ever, who really knows?, i am sick of draft talk by the "experts", see tom brady.

Nah. I've convinced myself that if he's there at 41 he's ours. I cannot see it happening at 9. Nobody would draft him at 9.

If Gailey and Nix are convinced that Tebow is a franchise QB, and that he won't be around at 41 and they are unable to trade down then I absolutely could see them taking him at #9.

If Gailey and Nix are convinced that Tebow is a franchise QB, and that he won't be around at 41 and they are unable to trade down then I absolutely could see them taking him at #9.

That would be one dumb*** decision IMO. Anyone who's "convinced" that he'll be a franchise NFL QB is fooling themselves. The only thing anyone should be convinced of is that Tebow will work his butt off to try. He has a lot to overcome, but 100% effort will be there on his part. Any sensible "football guy" knows he's a roll of the dice that simply doesn't merit a top ten draft choice. I think drafting him anywhere in the top two rounds is a reach. Could it pay off? Sure, but why gamble that big on a team with so many damn needs. This particular draft class is deep with talented players that can address some of those immediate needs? It just doesn't make any damn sense at all to me.

Hopefully the new tandem of Buddy and Chan realize this.