UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/colu...&id=4994935

"We always talk about guys who have it," said an NFL personnel director who agreed to discuss Tebow in return for anonymity. "He's got it."

Which is why the personnel director said that Florida's pro day -- and the private team workouts, which are even more important -- will determine Tebow's draft fate. Will Tebow somehow sneak into the first round of the April 22-24 draft, or will he slide to the second, third, fourth or fifth round?

"I think Buffalo or Jacksonville is going to take him," the personnel director said. "If I was betting, I'd say early in the second round, but it wouldn't shock me if Jacksonville or Buffalo moved back in the first [round] and took him. Either that or they try to move up from the second to the first.'"

Where will Tim Tebow land?

Our bloggers and Scouts Inc. assess Tim Tebow's chances of landing in each division. Blog Network

Right now, the Bills have the No. 9 pick in the first round and Tebow's hometown Jaguars have the No. 10 selection. The personnel guy even mentioned Seattle, which has two first-round choices and three of the first 40, as a possibility. But so much depends on what happens Wednesday and whether Tebow's passing motion is not only new but also improved.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The buffalo bills won't see a dime of my money so long as the front office that drafts Tim Tebow is intact. I don't believe this story for a second. Time Tebow is the mother of all media hype stories.

Slow, poor accuracy,below average arm strength, terrible mechanics...sounds like a brilliant !@#$ing move for a team that wants to sink its season.

At some point heart just isn't enough.

The buffalo bills won't see a dime of my money so long as the front office that drafts Tim Tebow is intact. I don't believe this story for a second. Time Tebow is the mother of all media hype stories.

Slow, poor accuracy,below average arm strength, terrible mechanics...sounds like a brilliant !@#$ing move for a team that wants to sink its season.

At some point heart just isn't enough.

I have serious questions about Tebow but claims like this are just silly. No one has any idea how Tebow will be in the pros so stop being so dramatic. And since this guy said it, it's guaranteed not to happen anyways.

According to everything the NFL looks at to diagnose a QB Tebow is awful; According to conventional wisdom Tebow has won at every level he has played at, has been a huge impact on his team, is a fierce competitor, and has an outstanding character and work ethic---------Advantage???????????

Would you accept a 2011 first from Jacksonville if they want our #2 to take Tebow?

Ordinary, it would be a no brainer. However, this is thought of as one of the deepest drafts in a long time. You could get a player in the 2nd (Cody for example) round this year who would be a 1st rounder in any other year. So unless there is no one projected to be on the board that we love, I'd keep the pick.

I think the Jags will trade up in the second to get him

Okay by me. I just asked this question on another thread. I would not chance a high pick on a guy that has to learn to throw all over again. Does anybody on this board know of anyone who has suceeded in the NFL after having to change their "mechanics" so drastically?

Okay by me. I just asked this question on another thread. I would not chance a high pick on a guy that has to learn to throw all over again. Does anybody on this board know of anyone who has suceeded in the NFL after having to change their "mechanics" so drastically?

Tony Romo changed his motion quite a lot early in his career. Just google "Romo changes throwing motion."

Here's one: http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/030210...569432972.shtml

David Lee, the guy who's working with Tebow is "the assistant who brought the Wildcat offense to Miami in 2008, and he also is the former Cowboys quality control coach who is recognized for developing Tony Romo's throwing motion in 2003 before Romo budded into a star."

Here's Bill Belichick ... ""Tiger Woods has rebuilt his golf swing twice. Every quarterback I've ever had or coached has worked on his mechanics and improved them. Phil Simms, certainly (Jeff) Hostetler, Brady, I can't think of too many that haven't. It's part of every player's development. I mean, show me a player who comes into this league at 21 and is a finished product at any position. Show me one guy. "They all need work. They all have things they need to work on. Some guys are more coachable than others. Some guys have different things they need to correct, whatever the techninque or physical development happens to be. I don't think that's unusual."

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/footba...ticleid=1241975

No, aquiring next year draft picks is for teams who are already competitive.

Nah, the Pats did that from the beginning. Especially when you're moving up, it's a great idea.

We would have to not want Tebow, or at least not desperately, but convince the Jags that we did.

Would you accept a 2011 first from Jacksonville if they want our #2 to take Tebow?

Depends who is on the board when we pick at #2.

It would be great to trade down from #9 to acquire am additional 2nd rounder, then do the trade with Jax.

According to everything the NFL looks at to diagnose a QB Tebow is awful; According to conventional wisdom Tebow has won at every level he has played at, has been a huge impact on his team, is a fierce competitor, and has an outstanding character and work ethic---------Advantage???????????

It's not "everything" at all. It's basically his mechanics. If he can change them, he could be great ... maybe. But that maybe comes with absolutely any QB.

Look at his stats. He has had good percentages, very high YPAs, and very few INTs throughout his career.

http://espndb.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=183484

And they DO use stats to diagnose a QB.

I think the Jags will trade back into the bottom portion of the 1st round to take him.

But if we take a LT at nine and Tebow is there at 41, we'll take him.

Maybe. Maybe not. We might well have already picked Clausen there if he falls to us at #9. You can guess, and you might be right, but it's only a guess.