UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

From Jax beat writer Michael C. Wright (aka @jagsreporter):

Looks like Tebow worked out one kink and developed another. There's still a small loop & now a bit of a pause in motion. Mechanical looking.

#

Ball still going down low whenever Tebow is on the move. Looks like he's kind of forcing that new motion. Accuracy just mediocre.

#

Tebow looks better. But looks like he's still got some kinks in that motion. The windup is still there under simulated pressure.

#

Tebow doing throw-on-the-move types of drills. Still has a little loop in the motion. Looks more compact still.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tebow pick is coming. You know it. I know it. Deep down everyone knows its.The sooner you accept it the better off you'll be.

They are saying at his pro day his arm is weak and not throwing a tight spiral. That knocks him off our list immediately

Learning to play QB a month before the draft is kind of ridiculous don't you think?...I sure as heck wouldn't draft a guy that didn't know how to play his position yet

this statement is the only thing that's ridiculous.

he's played QB very well over the last 4 years. but his throwing motion needed some improvement if he is going to survive in the NFL.

Or do you think that other players do not work to change/improve their game at all between college and the pros?

Argument stops there, Gailey and Buddy both said you need a QB that can "sling the Thing" (Man i love southerners) all over the place, Pike cannot.

Have you seen Pike play?...he played in the north cold weather...which is why Gailey said "here in buffalo, late in the year you need a guy that can sling it" he says drafting a guy with questionable arm strength is ridiculous and I agree...Pike I don't agree has poor arm strength...he is a steal in the later rounds...Skelton is another guy I wouldn't mind seeing...

Tebow is a scrambler that has no speed...and a guy that can't even throw a football yet and is "learning" now...c'mon...we draft Tebow all we got is another Fitzy...except high paid and outspoken...bad move

Seriously. Why ARE people against Tebow?

I don't know. If you're unable to pick Bradford, Clausen, or McCoy but you've decided you're going to draft a QB it might as well be Tebow. And something tells me the Bills are enamored with him.

Learning to play QB a month before the draft is kind of ridiculous don't you think?...I sure as heck wouldn't draft a guy that didn't know how to play his position yet

Kerry Collins had a hitch in his throwing motion at Penn State, yet led an expansion franchise to the NFC Championship Game in his second season. A few years back, Tiger Woods rebuilt his swing. Mechanics can be improved.

Not that I want to see Tebow in a Bills uniform ...

Kerry Collins had a hitch in his throwing motion at Penn State, yet led an expansion franchise to the NFC Championship Game in his second season. A few years back, Tiger Woods rebuilt his swing. Mechanics can be improved.

Not that I want to see Tebow in a Bills uniform ...

And you know it's coming, everyone knows it's coming...

Have you seen Pike play?...he played in the north cold weather...which is why Gailey said "here in buffalo, late in the year you need a guy that can sling it" he says drafting a guy with questionable arm strength is ridiculous and I agree...Pike I don't agree has poor arm strength...he is a steal in the later rounds...Skelton is another guy I wouldn't mind seeing...

Tebow is a scrambler that has no speed...and a guy that can't even throw a football yet and is "learning" now...c'mon...we draft Tebow all we got is another Fitzy...except high paid and outspoken...bad move

except that if they were all lined up and measured, just on throwing the ball, no rush, nothing else... Tebow would be up there with the strongest arm and most accurate.

the knock on his motion as it was through last season is that it takes too long to get the ball out. he CAN throw the ball.

it's learning to throw the ball in a certain way that is the issue right now. but others have done it and it is something that can be worked on and changed.

totally discounting him as not knowing how to play QB, just because his delivery needs a little work, is a bit of a stretch.

this statement is the only thing that's ridiculous.

he's played QB very well over the last 4 years. but his throwing motion needed some improvement if he is going to survive in the NFL.

Or do you think that other players do not work to change/improve their game at all between college and the pros?

Against top talent the guy looks slow...a slow scrambling QB??? c'mon...now he knows he has to have a decent arm to make it in the pros?????...he didn't know that before???...his throws are weak...yeah he put up numbers against some wack college defenses...but c'mon...the kid is not a good QB

Against top talent the guy looks slow...a slow scrambling QB??? c'mon...now he knows he has to have a decent arm to make it in the pros?????...he didn't know that before???...his throws are weak...yeah he put up numbers against some wack college defenses...but c'mon...the kid is not a good QB

after watching him firsthand in the SEC over the last 4 years, i disagree on all accounts. and i guess we'll just have to leave it at that. go bills!

except that if they were all lined up and measured, just on throwing the ball, no rush, nothing else... Tebow would be up there with the strongest arm and most accurate.

the knock on his motion as it was through last season is that it takes too long to get the ball out. he CAN throw the ball.

it's learning to throw the ball in a certain way that is the issue right now. but others have done it and it is something that can be worked on and changed.

totally discounting him as not knowing how to play QB, just because his delivery needs a little work, is a bit of a stretch.

Okay...do you watch the floppy duck that is a Tebow Throw????...yeah he can chuck it up...but telling me the kid has good arm strength...that's a bigger stretch than saying he is a terrible QB Edwards has a stronger arm....maybe Freddy Jackson has a stronger arm...

What a dumb thing to say. College defenses obviously aren't comparable to defenses in the NFL, but he did play the toughest competition that he could while in college.

The hyperbole on both sides of the Tebow argument is amazing.

What a dumb thing to say. College defenses obviously aren't comparable to defenses in the NFL, but he did play the toughest competition that he could while in college.

Did you watch him play in the all star game???...against the best of the best?????....HORRIBLE...and the SEC is over rated

agreed, and just like in the previous 412890357 tebow threads ill say it again...

no one can definitely say whether he'll succeed or fail in the NFL, just as we cant say it for ANY prospect.

and im not arguing that he definitely will. i just dont understand the all out HATRED for the kid when he has done nothing but win and be a model team mate, leader, and citizen.