UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

admittedly so, but im just giving you the worst case scenario. not saying it will definitely happen, just that it's not a bad plan if they decide to go that way.

The only way the Pats take a QB in the first 2 rounds is if they believe that Brady has less than 3 years left in the league. I think he's got a lot more left in the tank than that.

And regardless of who they take, any of the QBs in this draft class have a small chance of filling Brady's shoes. There will be unbelievable (and unrealistic) pressure to deliver from Pats fans. The closest I can think of would be Denver after Elway retired (or here after Kelly). The only way I see someone succeeding post Brady in New England is if they go to an established veteran first ... put some distance between Brady's legend and the rookie's.

New England's front office is one of the brightest in the league. They are too smart to pick a QB in this draft before round 3. But if they do, it's very good for Buffalo.

The only way the Pats take a QB in the first 2 rounds is if they believe that Brady has less than 3 years left in the league. I think he's got a lot more left in the tank than that.

And regardless of who they take, any of the QBs in this draft class have a small chance of filling Brady's shoes. There will be unbelievable (and unrealistic) pressure to deliver from Pats fans. The closest I can think of would be Denver after Elway retired (or here after Kelly). The only way I see someone succeeding post Brady in New England is if they go to an established veteran first ... put some distance between Brady's legend and the rookie's.

New England's front office is one of the brightest in the league. They are too smart to pick a QB in this draft before round 3. But if they do, it's very good for Buffalo.

i agree with the bolded statement regarding this class, not really fully sold on any of them.

but i think the Packers showed the rest of the league exactly how to do it...

we'll see!

I've said it before, NE is the PERFECT situation for Tebow.

He won't need to start right away...probably not for at least 3 years.

He'll have a good team around him and plenty of veteran leadership to learn from.

A coach that already uses spread formations on occassion and has shown the ability to work his offense to suit his players.

While he's not starting, he'll most likely be used certain packages/game situations.

I think it's a long shot that Tebow becomes a stud NFL QB, but going to NE would go a long way, IMO.

brady will be 33 in august, i see him playing 6-7 more years. brady was drafted in the 6th round, Cassel the 7th. i don't see NE using a second on a QB......i still think that he goes to JAX who needs him to keep their franchise afloat. I expect JAX to trade down with their first round pick ( no second round choice) to pick up a second and use a late first on Tebow.

It is interesting (and alarming to me at least) that the Bills would spin it this way. All the reports I'm seeing are saying the opposite.

Still, as much as I believe Tebow will be an epic bust in the NFL, if he does become a Bill I'll root my ass off for him.

Because they have a private workout to see IN DEPTH that he can't throw a spiral...and then they will Draft him and be like...wow, he still can't throw a spiral...at least he can scramble...oh wait...way too slow...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO another Bust...another Bill

brady will be 33 in august, i see him playing 6-7 more years. brady was drafted in the 6th round, Cassel the 7th. i don't see NE using a second on a QB......i still think that he goes to JAX who needs him to keep their franchise afloat. I expect JAX to trade down with their first round pick ( no second round choice) to pick up a second and use a late first on Tebow.

FWIW, the Pats* brought in UCinn's qb Pike, wr Gilyard, and lb Alex Daniels for try-outs recently.

Yeah, Charleston Southern, Troy and FLA Int'l are beasts. :w00t:

Everyone plays a couple cupcakes. The point it that the SEC is generally regarded as one of the top if not the top conference in the NCAA. He won a national title and a heisman trophy. He DOMINATED in college. It's unreal that people are trying to discredit his college accomplishments.

Again, it doesn't mean he's going to be a great QB, good QB or terrible QB. It just means that he had a great college career.

I hear what you're saying but I disagree ... forget for the moment that I don't think Tebow will succeed as an NFL QB (sorry). But if NE drafts Tebow in the 2nd round, that is going to cause more problems for NE than you might think.

Boston fans are fickle to begin with. Biggest bandwagon jumpers in the NFL. They already have a stud QB who they're ready to throw under the bus after any loss. If you add a second round QB heir apparent to Brady now, the first loss, the first 2 INT game that Tom has the fans will be screaming for his head. Bellichick is egotistical enough to think he can win with anyone under center and if the pitchforks get too close he might even make a move.

Even IF Tebow proves to be a good NFL Starter, he's not going to be a HOF player like Brady.

I see only bad things for NE if they take Tebow in Round 2 or higher. If they take him in round 4 or lower ... then there won't be as much pressure.

You're making a lot of assumptions with this logic that I don't think are true including that Kraft and BB will let a second round draft pick sit for 3 to 5 years. It won't happen.

So it's only okay when you do it?

Kraft and BB are known for trading picks in current draft years for picks later down the road. If anyone in the league has shown that they are willing to wait on talent it's them!

Buddy- Tim Tebow, No Kidding...

Jags GM- Tim Tebow, huh?

Buddy- [backing away] Well...I guess I'll be going to my home now,

and...sleep.

Jags GM- Yeah...me too...I will also go home...for sleep.

(Both run fantically out of the stadium)