UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will hurl if they blow a 2nd round pick on this project QB!! They need to address the OL and DL in the 1st two rounds IMO unless they have a chance at Bradford or Clausen.

wow... you don't know football if you want to waste a 1st on 2 qbs that are hardly 1st round worthy in most other drafts.

tebow in the second is early, I agree. I'd prefer lefeouver or tebow in the 3rd and as oyu said DL/OL/LB in the early rounds. however - make no mistake - Clausen is a second coming of brady quinn and bradford has the makings of a Joe Flacco - big hype/name but really just not a great QB numbers wise.

The buffalo bills won't see a dime of my money so long as the front office that drafts Tim Tebow is intact. I don't believe this story for a second. Time Tebow is the mother of all media hype stories.

Slow, poor accuracy,below average arm strength, terrible mechanics...sounds like a brilliant !@#$ing move for a team that wants to sink its season.

At some point heart just isn't enough.

remember you said that in a few years...

The Bills have requested to see Tim Tebow in action as well as the Seattle Seahawks. Although there is speculation that he will be well worth a late round 2nd pick or even an early third, there are many reasons why the Bills are wasting their time looking at him.

1) The Bills need a QB that can step in and help right away. Tebow was great in college but he is not NFL ready. The gators had him in shotgun formation 90% of the time and it showed in the senior bowl when he was forced to take snaps directly under center. He rushed on getting set up and that made him force bad decisions and get nervous with the ball. Try putting him in front of the best of the best in the NFL and you have a nightmare especially if the Bills don't become a lot better up front on the O-Line.

2) Changing your throwing motion right before the draft and not during your college playing time is like getting a whole new QB. He needs to develop this if it will work at all for him and that takes being a 2nd string QB under the wing of a pro as a tutor. They should have done this throughout his playing days if he wanted to be ready to start somewhere in the NFL.

3) Options are not going to work, Tebow will only last so long in the NFL if he thinks he can scramble and run for the first everytime like he did for the Gators. There are too many pipe hitting MF'ers in the NFL and Tebow would have a bullseye on him when he takes off. In college more times than not he would take hits where there was plenty of time to avoid them. I can not see him as an effective pocket passer as he stares down recievers too often leaving the safeties in the NFL to hunt his passes down before he even lets go of the ball.

As an Alumni from UF, I do hope the best for him but as a long time Bills fan, I don't want him on our team for the above reasons.

My vote - I like Pike from Cincinnati as a sleeper later rounder.

The Tebow pick is coming. You know it. I know it. Deep down everyone knows its.The sooner you accept it the better off you'll be.

I know that they won't pull a JP losman and take one high and they probably won't pull a Trent Edwards and go into the 3rd without a QB so that leaves us either trading up to get back into the first or waiting till 2nd to pull the trigger and unfortunately the Bills will probably see Tebow as the value pick there. You're probably right...we're all screwed.

The Bills have requested to see Tim Tebow in action as well as the Seattle Seahawks. Although there is speculation that he will be well worth a late round 2nd pick or even an early third, there are many reasons why the Bills are wasting their time looking at him.

1) The Bills need a QB that can step in and help right away. Tebow was great in college but he is not NFL ready. The gators had him in shotgun formation 90% of the time and it showed in the senior bowl when he was forced to take snaps directly under center. He rushed on getting set up and that made him force bad decisions and get nervous with the ball. Try putting him in front of the best of the best in the NFL and you have a nightmare especially if the Bills don't become a lot better up front on the O-Line.

2) Changing your throwing motion right before the draft and not during your college playing time is like getting a whole new QB. He needs to develop this if it will work at all for him and that takes being a 2nd string QB under the wing of a pro as a tutor. They should have done this throughout his playing days if he wanted to be ready to start somewhere in the NFL.

3) Options are not going to work, Tebow will only last so long in the NFL if he thinks he can scramble and run for the first everytime like he did for the Gators. There are too many pipe hitting MF'ers in the NFL and Tebow would have a bullseye on him when he takes off. In college more times than not he would take hits where there was plenty of time to avoid them. I can not see him as an effective pocket passer as he stares down recievers too often leaving the safeties in the NFL to hunt his passes down before he even lets go of the ball.

As an Alumni from UF, I do hope the best for him but as a long time Bills fan, I don't want him on our team for the above reasons.

My vote - I like Pike from Cincinnati as a sleeper later rounder.

The Tebow analysis has been done to death, although yours is more informed and more comprehensive. My only comment is about Pike. I don't know what ANYONE sees in this guy. I saw him twice this year and at the combine. He throws a soft ball and would never make it in WNY. I'm willing to bet almost anything the Bills will not take Tony Pike. And there's one more thing Tebow gives that other QBs do not....media attention (remember Brandon).

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that Tebow ends up a Jaguar.

Jax is the team that most desperately needs attendance help and Tebow will grant them automatic sell-outs for a couple seasons even if he's horrible. If he's successful, it might be a semi-permanent fix to their attendance problem.

In fact, if we can convince Jacksonville we're interested in taking Tebow in the second round, we might be able to leverage a very nice trade out of it. I wouldn't be shocked if our private viewing of Tebow was more of a smoke-screen than anything.

The Tebow analysis has been done to death, although yours is more informed and more comprehensive. My only comment is about Pike. I don't know what ANYONE sees in this guy. I saw him twice this year and at the combine. He throws a soft ball and would never make it in WNY. I'm willing to bet almost anything the Bills will not take Tony Pike. And there's one more thing Tebow gives that other QBs do not....media attention (remember Brandon).

About why I want Pike:

09 Stats:

2009 211ATT 338 COMP 2520YDS 62.4COMP% 29TDs 6INTs 12 149.82

2009 Regular Season Game Log Passing Rushing

DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD INT RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD

9/7 @Rutgers W 47-15 27 34 362 79.4 41 3 1 192.08 2 7 3.5 16 0

9/12 Southeast Missouri State W 70-3 17 23 229 73.9 54 3 0 200.60 1 1 1.0 1 1

9/19 @Oregon State W 28-18 31 49 332 63.3 45 2 1 129.57 6 15 2.5 9 1

9/26 Fresno State W 28-20 18 26 300 69.2 56 3 0 204.23 4 15 3.8 13 0

10/3 @Miami (OH) W 37-13 23 42 270 54.8 35 2 1 119.72 1 3 3.0 3 0

10/15 @South Florida W 34-17 12 25 140 48.0 27 2 0 121.44 5 -15 -3.0 12 0

10/24 Louisville W 41-10 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.

10/31 @Syracuse W 28-7 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats. (forearm)

11/7 Connecticut W 47-45 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.

11/13 West Virginia W 24-21 2 4 16 50.0 10 2 0 248.60 0 0 0.0 0 0

11/27 Illinois W 49-36 32 46 399 69.6 59 6 0 185.47 1 3 3.0 3 0

12/5 @Pittsburgh W 45-44 22 44 302 50.0 68 3 3 116.52 4 -11 -2.8 6 0

He's not a flashy guy nor does he have a strong arm. He took a sub par team like Cincinatti with very average surrounding talent to a Perfect season in 09. 6 foot 6 , 225 lbs perfect size for the nfl. He bounced back from an injury to have 3 huge games in a row. I like his resilience and pocket presence.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that Tebow ends up a Jaguar.

Jax is the team that most desperately needs attendance help and Tebow will grant them automatic sell-outs for a couple seasons even if he's horrible. If he's successful, it might be a semi-permanent fix to their attendance problem.

In fact, if we can convince Jacksonville we're interested in taking Tebow in the second round, we might be able to leverage a very nice trade out of it. I wouldn't be shocked if our private viewing of Tebow was more of a smoke-screen than anything.

#1.) Tony Pike will get murdere in the NFL. He is 6'6" and weighs a whopping 212lbs. Do you know how skinny that is for someone that tall? I'm 6'3" and when I weighed 212, be it years ago, I was a bag of bones.

#2.) Give the Tebow bashing a rest. I recall reading an article via a link on this board that an NFL Personnel guy, who remained annonymous, said "few guys have IT, and Tebow has IT" For what it's worth, I'll take someone who works in the NFL's evaluation, accept if it was someone from the Bills' staff from the past 10 years, over anyone elses...including these so called "Experts" all over the media.

:doh:

Fox Live Tim Tebow Blog

11:15 a.m. -- It's almost Tebow Time. Hearing sirens in the background, and the clouds are starting to part.

11:22 a.m. -- Reflects Scout.com Recruiting analyst Bill Green: "My first introduction to Tim Tebow came when a player I covered in recruiting, current Kentucky quarterback Mike Hartline, was going through the recruiting process. Hartline attended a camp on the East Coast, and when he returned he told me 'I just saw the greatest athlete I've ever seen, and he happens to be a quarterback. All the other quarterbacks at the camp were in awe of Tebow. I've never seen anything like this guy at quarterback.' Turns out Mike Hartline was right on the money in his evaluation."

11:25 a.m. -- And so it begins. Tebow is already doing very well in his throws. I heard one scout say "Wow" when Tebow improvised a run after a fake pass rush and threw on a dime 30+ yards down the field.

Pro days are dumb. I can them for small colleges who don't get on tv much but at this point, what more do we really need to know about Florida players? Unlike JP Losman, guys in shorts does nothing for me.

for the most part, you are correct.

but the big deal here is to see how far (if at all) he has come with improving his throwing mechanics.

we all know the rest of Tebow's story and what makes him great. the single knock on him has been his mechanics. which is something that he CAN, or should be able to, change.

this is probably one of the only pro-days that has every really mattered.

About why I want Pike:

09 Stats:

2009 211ATT 338 COMP 2520YDS 62.4COMP% 29TDs 6INTs 12 149.82

2009 Regular Season Game Log Passing Rushing

DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD INT RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD

9/7 @Rutgers W 47-15 27 34 362 79.4 41 3 1 192.08 2 7 3.5 16 0

9/12 Southeast Missouri State W 70-3 17 23 229 73.9 54 3 0 200.60 1 1 1.0 1 1

9/19 @Oregon State W 28-18 31 49 332 63.3 45 2 1 129.57 6 15 2.5 9 1

9/26 Fresno State W 28-20 18 26 300 69.2 56 3 0 204.23 4 15 3.8 13 0

10/3 @Miami (OH) W 37-13 23 42 270 54.8 35 2 1 119.72 1 3 3.0 3 0

10/15 @South Florida W 34-17 12 25 140 48.0 27 2 0 121.44 5 -15 -3.0 12 0

10/24 Louisville W 41-10 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.

10/31 @Syracuse W 28-7 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats. (forearm)

11/7 Connecticut W 47-45 Did Not Play or did not accumulate any stats.

11/13 West Virginia W 24-21 2 4 16 50.0 10 2 0 248.60 0 0 0.0 0 0

11/27 Illinois W 49-36 32 46 399 69.6 59 6 0 185.47 1 3 3.0 3 0

12/5 @Pittsburgh W 45-44 22 44 302 50.0 68 3 3 116.52 4 -11 -2.8 6 0

He's not a flashy guy nor does he have a strong arm. He took a sub par team like Cincinatti with very average surrounding talent to a Perfect season in 09. 6 foot 6 , 225 lbs perfect size for the nfl. He bounced back from an injury to have 3 huge games in a row. I like his resilience and pocket presence.

Argument stops there, Gailey and Buddy both said you need a QB that can "sling the Thing" (Man i love southerners) all over the place, Pike cannot.

for the most part, you are correct.

but the big deal here is to see how far (if at all) he has come with improving his throwing mechanics.

we all know the rest of Tebow's story and what makes him great. the single knock on him has been his mechanics. which is something that he CAN, or should be able to, change.

this is probably one of the only pro-days that has every really mattered.

Mechanics? You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf8vud4Ifjs