UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

Okay by me. I just asked this question on another thread. I would not chance a high pick on a guy that has to learn to throw all over again. Does anybody on this board know of anyone who has suceeded in the NFL after having to change their "mechanics" so drastically?

Philip Rivers. Remember everyone was critiquing how he held the ball so low and his side arm delivery?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow won't be there in the second for us. There are way too many scenarios that I can think of. San Fran and Seattle have two picks in the first round and are seemingly in need of a QB. I could see Arizona at 26 taking him.

In the second round you've got St. Louis there if they don't take Bradford as the #1 pick, Washington - Cleveland - Oakland and then Seattle again ahead of us.

In addition, you have all the trade up and back scenarios as possibilities.

For those of you who want Tebow (I may be one of you), I really feel like we will have to make a move to get him or just pick him at #9. For those of you who want nothing to do with getting Tebow, the odds are way in your favor as I see it playing out.

I will hurl if they blow a 2nd round pick on this project QB!! They need to address the OL and DL in the 1st two rounds IMO unless they have a chance at Bradford or Clausen.

Tebow has 10x more potential than any other player inthe draft. They will not fix the OL and DL in one year, and Tebow will not start this year, so thats ok.

The buffalo bills won't see a dime of my money so long as the front office that drafts Tim Tebow is intact. I don't believe this story for a second. Time Tebow is the mother of all media hype stories.

Slow, poor accuracy,below average arm strength, terrible mechanics...sounds like a brilliant !@#$ing move for a team that wants to sink its season.

At some point heart just isn't enough.

4.7 40 is not slow. His accuracy is not poor. He has above average arm strength. You can fix your mechanics. Yep, sounds like a brilliant move to me.

According to everything the NFL looks at to diagnose a QB Tebow is awful; According to conventional wisdom Tebow has won at every level he has played at, has been a huge impact on his team, is a fierce competitor, and has an outstanding character and work ethic---------Advantage???????????

Mike Mayock seems to disagree, as he basically says everything he wants in a first round QB is everything Tebow has. He doesnt use Tebows name, but anyone who can read between the lines in the least can figure out who he is refering to.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d...f-drafting-a-QB

Bottom line is Tebow will not fail. Unless you have played QB at some level, then you prolly dont know just how easy it is to take snaps from under center and do 3 5 and 7 step drops. The media makes it out to be a huge deal but its basically the easiest thing in football to learn. He throwing motion will change. Tony Romo has already been mentioned but Aaron Rogers did it too.

At the end of their careers I bet Tebow is better than Cluasen and Bradford.

Tebow has 10x more potential than any other player inthe draft. They will not fix the OL and DL in one year, and Tebow will not start this year, so thats ok.

4.7 40 is not slow. His accuracy is not poor. He has above average arm strength. You can fix your mechanics. Yep, sounds like a brilliant move to me.

Mike Mayock seems to disagree, as he basically says everything he wants in a first round QB is everything Tebow has. He doesnt use Tebows name, but anyone who can read between the lines in the least can figure out who he is refering to.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d...f-drafting-a-QB

Bottom line is Tebow will not fail. Unless you have played QB at some level, then you prolly dont know just how easy it is to take snaps from under center and do 3 5 and 7 step drops. The media makes it out to be a huge deal but its basically the easiest thing in football to learn. He throwing motion will change. Tony Romo has already been mentioned but Aaron Rogers did it too.

At the end of their careers I bet Tebow is better than Cluasen and Bradford.

Not for nothing, but Mayock said Robert Ayers was the best defensive player in the draft last year. Ayers had 19 tackles and 0 sacks.

Has trading back into the first round or moving up in the second round ever worked for the Bills? Every time they do that it's a complete disaster - witness JP Losman and John McCargo - even if they hadn't traded up those would have been bad pick and they eneded up costing us more than our our original pick - yikes! I like Poz but I'm not convinced trading up for him was a great move, but even if you agree with that move the Bills are only 1 for 3......

I still think a 2nd is too high for us to be using on any QB. However, if Gailey is able to work his magic and develop an offense that fits Tebow's skill set then I'd be all for it...

There's still a small part of me that even with all the criticism of Tebow, he will open eyes...

I think the Jags will trade up in the second to get him

So the Jags are going to Trade up over a Round for Tebow (they don't have a 2nd Round Pick)? Maybe...But I don't think so...

The Jags are far away, and QB is not their #1 Need by any means...Folks can say all they want about Ticket Sales, but Tebow is not going to do squat as long as Garrard is in the fold...At least for the next couple years...Folks are reading too much into Garrard's 2009 Season...He's still a pretty decent QB and his numbers were not terrible in 2009 despite the fact that the Jags still don't have a #1 WR...

I think the Jags Owner has already begun to squash the Tebow expectations in J-ville with his recent comments...I just don't see where it makes much sense for the Jags...We'll see though... :pirate:

Not for nothing, but Mayock said Robert Ayers was the best defensive player in the draft last year. Ayers had 19 tackles and 0 sacks.

True, but Ayers is Playing OLB in Denver's 3-4...And though he may be OK there in time, OLB was strictly a projection...He mainly played in the Nickle Rushing the Passer which was not felt to be his specialty anyway...He was evaluated as a 4-3 DE which he played at UT (he even played some DT there)...I think like Maybin in his Rookie year Ayers was misued, and unlike some others, I don't see Ayers being a real good fit as a 3-4 OLB...He was never considered to be an elite Pass Rushing Prospect, instead he was thought to be solid all around...He may very well be better suited to a 3-4 DE spot if he can bulk up just a bit...I think the book is still out on Ayers, kind of like Maybin...I just think Ayers is more suited to the D-Line...It should be interesting to see how the New DC in Denver intends on using him... :pirate:

True, but Ayers is Playing OLB in Denver's 3-4...And though he may be OK there in time, OLB was strictly a projection...He mainly played in the Nickle Rushing the Passer which was not felt to be his specialty anyway...He was evaluated as a 4-3 DE which he played at UT (he even played some DT there)...I think like Maybin in his Rookie year Ayers was misued, and unlike some others, I don't see Ayers being a real good fit as a 3-4 OLB...He was never considered to be an elite Pass Rushing Prospect, instead he was thought to be solid all around...He may very well be better suited to a 3-4 DE spot if he can bulk up just a bit...I think the book is still out on Ayers, kind of like Maybin...I just think Ayers is more suited to the D-Line...It should be interesting to see how the New DC in Denver intends on using him... :pirate:

I really used to like Mayock but he is becoming a parody of himself by making insane predictons. Ayers had one good but no great season as starter at Tennessee. His prediction wasn't based on anything concrete. He has Earl Thomas over Eric Berry at safety. Again, this is really based on nothing.

I really, really like Tebow and would like him to succeed in the NFL. But I need to see more than Mayock predicting success before I believe it. You don't get ratings by saying conventional things.

i think the Jag's will trade DOWN in this draft, maybe more than once, with the strategy of picking Tebow late first round or very early second round. The Jag's MUST sell tickets and Tebow is the answer for them.

For the Bills, "IF" Tebow is still there when we pick in the 2nd round....wow, that will get interesting.....at this point, i would think there are better picks for us than tebow. definitely, i would use a third round choice on Tebow...or even package my 3rd & 4th to move back into the second round to get him. Tebow at best is a two - three year project, a luxury we can't afford to use with our own first and second round picks.

I really used to like Mayock but he is becoming a parody of himself by making insane predictons. Ayers had one good but no great season as starter at Tennessee. His prediction wasn't based on anything concrete. He has Earl Thomas over Eric Berry at safety. Again, this is really based on nothing.

I really, really like Tebow and would like him to succeed in the NFL. But I need to see more than Mayock predicting success before I believe it. You don't get ratings by saying conventional things.

I hear you...But I kinda like Mayock cause he's willing to go out there...Like you I'm not so sure about the Thomas over Berry thing either...Though in his defense he said he had more Film to watch on both...

I'm not sure where this idea that Mayock is backing Tebow comes from...I watch NFL Network religiously and if anything Mayock has been critical of Tebow...He even threw a fit one day at the Combine cause he felt they were talking WAY too much about Tebow and ignoring other more deserving Prospects...He's on record a million times saying Tebow should not play a down at QB in the NFL for at least 2 full years...Granted he said he thinks Tebow will be good after that...But 2 years of mandatory developement is not exactly a ringing endorsement right?

I don't know...I like Mayock and Kiper so I must be wrong...lol... :pirate:

I hear you...But I kinda like Mayock cause he's willing to go out there...Like you I'm not so sure about the Thomas over Berry thing either...Though in his defense he said he had more Film to watch on both...

I'm not sure where this idea that Mayock is backing Tebow comes from...I watch NFL Network religiously and if anything Mayock has been critical of Tebow...He even threw a fit one day at the Combine cause he felt they were talking WAY too much about Tebow and ignoring other more deserving Prospects...He's on record a million times saying Tebow should not play a down at QB in the NFL for at least 2 full years...Granted he said he thinks Tebow will be good after that...But 2 years of mandatory developement is not exactly a ringing endorsement right?

I don't know...I like Mayock and Kiper so I must be wrong...lol... :pirate:

Don't get me wrong. I like Mayock. I jsut think he's going a little overboard lately to get more of a following. IMO, the best thing is for Tebow to go to NE or IND and see for 2 years and contribute in other ways (wildcat, short yardage situations). If he is going to a place to be the savior, it's probably not going to turn out well.

Not even the smartest scout or GM or whomever knows how a college QB will turn out in the NFL. Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning? One team was right, one team was wrong. JP Losman was a 1st round pick. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Any QB the Bills or any other team drafts and wherever they are drafted, it's like playing the lottery. Most times you lose and every once in awhile you get lucky and win. Patriots and Colts won the jackpot once. People get way too bent out of shape over speculation of who and where someone will be drafted.

Tebow has 10x more potential than any other player in the draft.

10X Really??? :pirate: Based on what? 1) His running of a college spread offense where he never had to show the necessary foot work to do a 3, 5, or 7 step drop and throw in rhythm and in balance? 2) Take a snap from center while reading defenses? 3) Demonstrate a high, quick delivery that will not get knocked down at the line or broken up by a DB?

I understand that people like him for his intangibles. Great!! And I don't care one bit how his modified delivery looks in shorts at his Pro day tomorrow. Until I see him look like an NFL QB under the fire of real live action, he's not worthy of a 1st or 2nd round pick IMO. He's a project QB prospect that should be drafted in the 4th round or lower.

We'll see what happens