UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

McCoy is better than Tebow...but he's a baby as well...I'm not sold on his arm strength either...Pike or Skelton are the best options for us...unless we could trade up for Bradford...which wouldn't be impossible if the Rams take someone else...but its highly improbably..and even still if we magically got Bradford, he'd suck because we have no OT's or DT's...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the most part, you are correct.

but the big deal here is to see how far (if at all) he has come with improving his throwing mechanics.

we all know the rest of Tebow's story and what makes him great. the single knock on him has been his mechanics. which is something that he CAN, or should be able to, change.

this is probably one of the only pro-days that has every really mattered.

Yeah, I get this. But it's one thing to have good mechanics without pads and no one chasing you. It's another to do in game situations.

I love everything about Tebow and had a borderline man crush on him in college. I hope he can make it in the league. But I have a lot of doubts and think it will be a very risky move for a team liek the Bills to chance it.

That said, if Gailey and Nix give him their blessing, I'll hope for the best. And I know I'll never root harder for a Bill to make it.

this statement is the only thing that's ridiculous.

he's played QB very well over the last 4 years. but his throwing motion needed some improvement if he is going to survive in the NFL.

Or do you think that other players do not work to change/improve their game at all between college and the pros?

He has not played QB in any sense of the word from an NFL perspective. He is better looked at as a throwing Rb than a running QB. He is going to be a bust. well maybe not a bust since he probably won't be drafted that high.

1:30 PM Update from Tony Pauline of SI:

The position drills have been completed at Florida's pro day.

Scouts are walking away from the workout with a better feeling about Tim Tebow than they did two months ago at the Senior Bowl. His accuracy was better and he was completing passes, but receivers found it necessary to reach backwards or bend to the ground to grab his throws. He also under-threw a lot of passes. The general feeling is while Tebow improved he still needs a lot of work on his game.

Yeah, I get this. But it's one thing to have good mechanics without pads and no one chasing you. It's another to do in game situations.

I love everything about Tebow and had a borderline man crush on him in college. I hope he can make it in the league. But I have a lot of doubts and think it will be a very risky move for a team liek the Bills to chance it.

That said, if Gailey and Nix give him their blessing, I'll hope for the best. And I know I'll never root harder for a Bill to make it.

As much as I think Tebow WONT make it in the NFL...I agree...he's a good guy so I HOPE he will make it, and if the Bills pick him I will be po'd at the pick but will yell till my lungs bleed for him to kick butt

As much as I think Tebow WONT make it in the NFL...I agree...he's a good guy so I HOPE he will make it, and if the Bills pick him I will be po'd at the pick but will yell till my lungs bleed for him to kick butt

Yeah. I definitely would be a weird feeling. I have so many doubts but I love so many thing about the guy. If only we could put his personality into Trent haha.

I have never agreed more with any post in my life than this one.

Well said sir!

Yeah. I definitely would be a weird feeling. I have so many doubts but I love so many thing about the guy. If only we could put his personality into Trent haha.

heheheh...I know, maybe we can............nope we can't...but maybe if we draft Tebow Trent will copy him...heheheheh most people draft rookies to be developed by veterans...maybe we can draft a rookie to develop our veteran????? heheheehe

yeah but Jordan didn't look like a fool before he tweaked it pal...Tiger Woods changes his shot to...but he knew how to shoot to begin with...tweaking your motion and thriving to be better is a great tribute to a players success...and yes, Tebow should be applauded for his efforts...but what he has to begin with is NO WHERE NEAR WHAT JORDAN HAD...so lets start being sensible about this...JORDAN WAS GOING NUMBER ONE NO QUESTION...they weren't like hmmmm maybe we'll wait to the fifth round and hope he's there and we'll work on him for two years before we start him...STOP IT...I LIKE THE KIDS ATTITUDE BUT HE'S NOT TALENTED

Jordan didn't go #1.

And I don't think many people are advocating taking Tebow in the first or even second rounds. You're allowing your abundant ellipses and CAPS to cloud your argument.

The question reasonable people are debating is whether or not he is worth a pick to try and develop into a quarterback for the future. One of the upsides of drafting Tebow is you could potentially use him in a few different rolls while you develop him to eventually take the reins of the offense -- wildcat, goal line, H-back, etc.

I love how you reference Tony Pike's numbers that were put up against terrible defenses in a weak conference, but you turn and dismiss Tebow's statistical achievements.

1:30 PM Update from Tony Pauline of SI:

The position drills have been completed at Florida's pro day.

Scouts are walking away from the workout with a better feeling about Tim Tebow than they did two months ago at the Senior Bowl. His accuracy was better and he was completing passes, but receivers found it necessary to reach backwards or bend to the ground to grab his throws. He also under-threw a lot of passes. The general feeling is while Tebow improved he still needs a lot of work on his game.

and i think that is the best they and he could have hoped for out of today.

look, no one in their right mind should have expected him to come out and all of a sudden have PERFECT mechanics. but if he can show a marked improvement after working with a 3rd party for only a few months, NFL coaches WILL believe that they can improve him even more.

even us "tebow lovers" know that the kid is a project. no arguing there. but what has been in question was IF he could improve AT ALL.

and based on this report, he has shown he can. which WILL be enough for pro personnel to go off of.

I love how you reference Tony Pike's numbers that were put up against terrible defenses in a weak conference, but you turn and dismiss Tebow's statistical achievements.

lol, good point, exactly

Kerry Collins has really really solid mechanics throwing a football. High elbow. Over the top. Perfect release/spiral. "Hitch" - that is Tebow or Byron Leftwich.

Also led Giants to a Super Bowl appearance. And a 13-3 Titans record last season when he was mad old.

He does now. He didn't at PSU, and I say this even though I liked him well enough to buy his jersey during the Rose Bowl season.

and i think that is the best they and he could have hoped for out of today.

look, no one in their right mind should have expected him to come out and all of a sudden have PERFECT mechanics. but if he can show a marked improvement after working with a 3rd party for only a few months, NFL coaches WILL believe that they can improve him even more.

even us "tebow lovers" know that the kid is a project. no arguing there. but what has been in question was IF he could improve AT ALL.

and based on this report, he has shown he can. which WILL be enough for pro personnel to go off of.

lol, good point, exactly

Pike throws a spiral

Well, he has "done it" in game situations, you know. He did throw a lot of TD passes. He played in a decent division, not Conf USA. Plenty of good defenses had their shots at him. He takes a lot of snaps from shotgun, but so did QB's in the NFL for 60% of all snaps.

Since you perseverate on his mechanics--exactly what about his mechanics makes his pro career doomed, yet allowed him so much success throwing in college?

"Tim Tebow's passing workout is still going on. There is a crowd of approximately 1,000 people on hand cheering his every move. Tebow started slow in the early going then picked up the pace. The consensus is, while he's showing a good amount of accuracy and is completing his passes, he has thus far shown poor arm strength and his passes do not come in the form of tight spirals."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/foot...ker/index.html#

All I need to hear. Pass. He's the football version of Tyler Hansbrough. :thumbdown: