UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

Pike throws a spiral

so what, ive seen tebow throw plenty of spirals. that argument is weak dude.

youd probably have more success findng common ground here if you stopped posting from the extreme POV that he is doomed before he even has a chance.

lets take a look at your constant comparison to Pike. here is a great example of head-to-head competition:

http://espndb.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=300010057

Florida 51 - Cinn 24

Tebow: 31/35 482yds 3 TDs

Pike: 27/45 170yds 3TDs

Tebow had 3 touchdown by HALFTIME. also, look at that completion percentage. Tebow completed 4 more passes in 10 less attempts and had over 300 more yards.

27/45 doesnt seem that accurate. 31/35 does.

but maybe they should have thrown out the score and given Cinn the win since Pike's passes were spirals?

also, how did that "tough competition" that Pike dominated work out when they went up against a real team from a real conference?

puh-lease...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerry Collins had a hitch in his throwing motion at Penn State, yet led an expansion franchise to the NFC Championship Game in his second season. A few years back, Tiger Woods rebuilt his swing. Mechanics can be improved.

Not that I want to see Tebow in a Bills uniform ...

Kerry Collins never corrected his problem, neither did Randall Cunningham or Byron Leftwich

its easier said then done

He has not played QB in any sense of the word from an NFL perspective. He is better looked at as a throwing Rb than a running QB. He is going to be a bust. well maybe not a bust since he probably won't be drafted that high.

You mean "a throwing RB with better college pedigree (in terms of passing #s and winning) than a future HOF QB", right?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1786156

I wish some of the Tebow-bashers would actually pay attention to the facts occasionally.

What a dumb thing to say. College defenses obviously aren't comparable to defenses in the NFL, but he did play the toughest competition that he could while in college.

The hyperbole on both sides of the Tebow argument is amazing.

Very accurate comment.

No one knows for sure what kind of QB Tebow will be in the NFL. It's amazing when people think they can make that judgement before the kid has even been drafted. There are two things about Tebow that cannot be argued though; he was a winner in college and has the drive to succeed. He's working hard, taking criticism, and getting prepared for the draft, which should be viewed as a positive. He doesn't think anything should be handed to him, he's working for it. I think it's refreshing for a change. I'd love to see him in a Bills uniform. Not saying that I guarantee he's going to be a great quarterback, but I think he has a good chance to be one.

theyre doing a side by side comparison on ESPN right now of Tebow throwing from the Senior Bowl VS Tebow throwing today, and the difference is ASTOUNDING, especially if you listen to the anti-Tebow camp who says he is definitely going to bust.

McShay just called his FIVE WEEK improvement "impressive".

however, everyone is still in agreement that he is still a project. something that ive never argued with.

but he showed everyone what they were hoping to see, that he CAN improve with a little work.

if he can go to a team that can bring him up like Florida did, meaning putting him in the game in certain situations which he will excel in, then he WILL be successful in the NFL.

the bad news is that ESPN is now discounting Jax picking him, and saying the front runner may be New England because they have multiple 2nd round picks.

theyre doing a side by side comparison on ESPN right now of Tebow throwing from the Senior Bowl VS Tebow throwing today, and the difference is ASTOUNDING, especially if you listen to the anti-Tebow camp who says he is definitely going to bust.

McShay just called his FIVE WEEK improvement "impressive".

however, everyone is still in agreement that he is still a project. something that ive never argued with.

but he showed everyone what they were hoping to see, that he CAN improve with a little work.

if he can go to a team that can bring him up like Florida did, meaning putting him in the game in certain situations which he will excel in, then he WILL be successful in the NFL.

the bad news is that ESPN is now discounting Jax picking him, and saying the front runner may be New England because they have multiple 2nd round picks.

How is that bad news? I'd love it if NE blew a high pick on Tebow. It'd be great for Buffalo.

I've said it before, NE is the PERFECT situation for Tebow.

He won't need to start right away...probably not for at least 3 years.

He'll have a good team around him and plenty of veteran leadership to learn from.

A coach that already uses spread formations on occassion and has shown the ability to work his offense to suit his players.

While he's not starting, he'll most likely be used certain packages/game situations.

I think it's a long shot that Tebow becomes a stud NFL QB, but going to NE would go a long way, IMO.

How is that bad news? I'd love it if NE blew a high pick on Tebow. It'd be great for Buffalo.

they pick him with one of their 2nd round picks.

he goes and learns behind Brady and under Belichick with no pressure for a few years, a la Aaron Rogers.

all this means is that in 3-5 years, New England starts one of the best and most successful college football players of all time. Another beloved golden boy. And we're still trying to find a QB...

I've said it before, NE is the PERFECT situation for Tebow.

He won't need to start right away...probably not for at least 3 years.

He'll have a good team around him and plenty of veteran leadership to learn from.

A coach that already uses spread formations on occassion and has shown the ability to work his offense to suit his players.

While he's not starting, he'll most likely be used certain packages/game situations.

I think it's a long shot that Tebow becomes a stud NFL QB, but going to NE would go a long way, IMO.

I hear what you're saying but I disagree ... forget for the moment that I don't think Tebow will succeed as an NFL QB (sorry). But if NE drafts Tebow in the 2nd round, that is going to cause more problems for NE than you might think.

Boston fans are fickle to begin with. Biggest bandwagon jumpers in the NFL. They already have a stud QB who they're ready to throw under the bus after any loss. If you add a second round QB heir apparent to Brady now, the first loss, the first 2 INT game that Tom has the fans will be screaming for his head. Bellichick is egotistical enough to think he can win with anyone under center and if the pitchforks get too close he might even make a move.

Even IF Tebow proves to be a good NFL Starter, he's not going to be a HOF player like Brady.

I see only bad things for NE if they take Tebow in Round 2 or higher. If they take him in round 4 or lower ... then there won't be as much pressure.

Can anyone confirm if the Bills where present for Tebow's pro day? It would appear that they weren't based on the information below. If that is the case the question is why? Maybe QB isn't as pressing to the front office as we may have thought or they have determined that Tebow isn't the guy no matter what.

Carolina Panthers coach John Fox, Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin and Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raheem Morris were in attendance. So were Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Gene Smith and Browns president Mike Holmgren.

they pick him with one of their 2nd round picks.

he goes and learns behind Brady and under Belichick with no pressure for a few years, a la Aaron Rogers.

all this means is that in 3-5 years, New England starts one of the best and most successful college football players of all time. Another beloved golden boy. And we're still trying to find a QB...

You're making a lot of assumptions with this logic that I don't think are true including that Kraft and BB will let a second round draft pick sit for 3 to 5 years. It won't happen.

If they take Tebow that early, he's going to be on the field within 2 years at the latest -- which means Brady is done. And the day Brady leaves NE is going to be a VERY good day for Buffalo.

I hear what you're saying but I disagree ... forget for the moment that I don't think Tebow will succeed as an NFL QB (sorry). But if NE drafts Tebow in the 2nd round, that is going to cause more problems for NE than you might think.

Boston fans are fickle to begin with. Biggest bandwagon jumpers in the NFL. They already have a stud QB who they're ready to throw under the bus after any loss. If you add a second round QB heir apparent to Brady now, the first loss, the first 2 INT game that Tom has the fans will be screaming for his head. Bellichick is egotistical enough to think he can win with anyone under center and if the pitchforks get too close he might even make a move.

Even IF Tebow proves to be a good NFL Starter, he's not going to be a HOF player like Brady.

I see only bad things for NE if they take Tebow in Round 2 or higher. If they take him in round 4 or lower ... then there won't be as much pressure.

its statements like this that cause me to disregard the rest of the post (not just yours, but anyone who makes DEFINITIVE statements). you CANT say that, since i GUARANTEE you and everyone else would have said the SAME THING about Brady prior to his draft.

enough already. cause if that's the argument, then i say "YEAH-HUH!"

ill give you that Pats* fans are bandwagon jumpers, but they also trust Belichick to a fault.

there really is no downside for NE taking him in the 2nd.

What a dumb thing to say. College defenses obviously aren't comparable to defenses in the NFL, but he did play the toughest competition that he could while in college.

Yeah, Charleston Southern, Troy and FLA Int'l are beasts. :thumbdown:

Can anyone confirm if the Bills where present for Tebow's pro day? It would appear that they weren't based on the information below. If that is the case the question is why? Maybe QB isn't as pressing to the front office as we may have thought or they have determined that Tebow isn't the guy no matter what.

Carolina Panthers coach John Fox, Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin and Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raheem Morris were in attendance. So were Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Gene Smith and Browns president Mike Holmgren.

He is coming in for a workout.

You're making a lot of assumptions with this logic that I don't think are true including that Kraft and BB will let a second round draft pick sit for 3 to 5 years. It won't happen.

If they take Tebow that early, he's going to be on the field within 2 years at the latest -- which means Brady is done. And the day Brady leaves NE is going to be a VERY good day for Buffalo.

admittedly so, but im just giving you the worst case scenario. not saying it will definitely happen, just that it's not a bad plan if they decide to go that way.