UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be more of a reach then the Whitner pick!

Well it depends...

When Whitner was Drafted The Bills touted him as the next Ed Reed, or maybe the next Henry Jones at least...What they got in actuality is a lot less...

If you're going to reach you might as well reach for a QB...Lets face it everyone knows Drafting a QB anywhere, let alone the 1st Round, is a crap shoot...A Saftey Drafted in the Top 10 should be a complete stud almost from the get-go...A QB? Not so much...So I don't think taking Tebow in the Top 10 would be as big a reach as Whitner...Only because he's a QB...

That being said there is no way in hell I want The Bills to take Tebow at #9...Trade down if you want to reach for him cause I can't imagine any NFL Team that has a high 1st round Grade on the Kid...He's a Project...:w00t:

Makes sense. Tebow may got at 10 to the Jags, and wont be around with our 2nd I bet. So if they want him, they can guarantee they get him.

We dont need to fill atll the holes this year, because we wont have a good QB this year that doesnt really matter.

Linky

On the heels of an impressive workout at Florida's pro day, league sources say that Tim Tebow is among those players who have been invited to New York for the April 22-24 NFL draft.

Todd McShay in an ESPN Insider article;

So does this change Tebow's draft value? Those teams that see Tebow as an eventual starting quarterback are hopeful, but those who rate him as no better than a third- or fourth-round pick did not see enough to change their opinion of him. Tebow showed unexpected athleticism at the combine and eventually could contribute at another position if quarterback doesn't work out, but when grading him strictly as a quarterback, he remains a third-round pick on our board.

Tebow simply has too much developing to do and too many obstacles to overcome to be worth taking any higher.

If Brady Quinn was embarrassed Tebow should be downright ashamed. They'd better put an overnight cot in that room they sent Quinn to. :worthy:

This is a huge non-story.

Stay with your draft board....stay with your draft board....best player available.

I don't think there's a QB in this draft worth overdrafting (ie: trading up). If the Bills are looking for one I think there's an opportunity with that 2nd round pick; McCoy could be there and Pike and LeFevour definitely will be. A couple of those guys might be there in the 3rd!

The Tebow pick is coming. You know it. I know it. Deep down everyone knows its.The sooner you accept it the better off you'll be.

The Tebow pick is coming. You know it. I know it. Deep down everyone knows its.The sooner you accept it the better off you'll be.

Wow Dejavu.

I agree and I am not necessarily advocating taking either of those guys at 9. But I wanted to make a few points:

4.) Sometimes this whole "reach" thing is overblow. Look at Phillip Rivers. Nobody expected him to go at #4 overall. SD identified him as their franchise QB and they took him. Seems to have worked out OK.

5.) The draft is a crapshoot. Any of the picks could be future Hall of Famers. Any of the picks could be busts. Nobody knows. Please stop acting like you do.

The point is, the #1 priority for any Front office and coaching staff is to identify and acquire a franchise QB. If they decide Tebow or McCoy are the guy, take them. If its Clausen or Bradford, go get them.

Well, kinda.. Lil' Eli went first overall by San Diego, who then traded him to the G-Men for Rivers -the 4th overall, but I get your point and agree. If the consensus of the Brass is that they want one of these guys, then get him. That's what they're paid to do.

They've said that with the expanded format this year they were going to invite all possible 1st and 2nd rounders. No big surprise that he is there as he likely is a 2nd rounder on some boards.

Why would they invite so many people when the first round is all that happens on the first day? Are they going for something similar to the NHL draft where everyone is there so you have the photo op with the player getting his new team's jersey? That usually is a pretty cool moment and would probably be more entertaining than the non-stop talking heads on espn.

the NFL stated with the new draft format, being split into thursday, friday and saturday, they are going to expand their invitees to 18, from the regular 9 invitees because the person who "falls" (think Brady quinn) dosent hav eto wait around for 10 hours to get picked, they just show up for round one on thursday, if they arent picked in the 4 hours the first round takes, then they go back to their hotel, drink/party it up, come back on friday and wait to be drafted....it is for more publicity/ratings....dosent mean since tebow was invited the bills are drafting him at pick 9

If Brady Quinn was embarrassed Tebow should be downright ashamed. They'd better put an overnight cot in that room they sent Quinn to. :worthy:

What the hell would have to be ashamed about? Damn, you're pathetic.

If it's a QB our GM and head coach want, I say draft our guy at #9. If they want Tebow or Colt, make it happen with the first pick.Why wait? Make a big splash. I'm confident we can sign some Offensive linemen in FA or draft some in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Umm, no. That's must me. If Buddy does it, I gotta go with it but from where I sit now. NO.