UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

This coming from the guy who is laughing at kids (Quinn and Tebow) who have done nothing but play hard and do the best they can for their teams only to have the world watch and ridicule them as they drop lower than expected in the draft.

And no, saying he that he should be ashamed of himself for accepting an invite to be in person at the biggest event of his life still doesn't make sense you mental midget. Maybe someday when you stop trying to make fun of other people in an effort to raise your popularity on a message board you'll have time to take a closer look at yourself and try to figure out what went so wrong.

Yes, saying that Tebow could be embarrassing himself is picking on others. :rolleyes: I'm not making personal attacks at him. I'm merely stating what could happen and how he colud avoid being ashamed of himself. Making fun of people is what a lot of this board is about. The "Wouldya", "Hot for Teacher", odd people like the fat chick are all in fun here. I haven't made too many to be taken seriously personal attacks on this board. I've only done it after being attacked first. I'm happy enough with myself as it is.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to go back and figure out why I have the medical problems I do. What went wrong with them I don't know. It's much easier to correct psychological problems. Good luck with that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the people who say Tebow can't throw, he had the best passer rating in college

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statis...r/2009/group/80

Wow is that Case Keenum kid coming out ?? He played for Houston Cougars check out his stats looks like a gun slinger tome he sure ain't afraid to sling it .Kind of Favresk !!

He's improving his mechanics.

Gailey would use the Pistol offense that he used in Kansas City which would play to Tebow's strengths.

Tebow is a great leader too.

How good was that "pistol" offense in KC????...c'mon...they weren't a great team...I've said this before and I'll say it YET again....COULD Gailey design an offense around Tebow...YES...he could, he did it with Thigpen...

He COULD design an offense around the paperboy...but that doesn't mean he SHOULD...it might be the BEST thing for TEBOW...but it wouldn't be the BEST thing for BUFFALO...

The buffalo bills won't see a dime of my money so long as the front office that drafts Tim Tebow is intact. I don't believe this story for a second. Time Tebow is the mother of all media hype stories.

Slow, poor accuracy,below average arm strength, terrible mechanics...sounds like a brilliant !@#$ing move for a team that wants to sink its season.

At some point heart just isn't enough.

Or sell a lot of season tickets.

How good was that "pistol" offense in KC????...c'mon...they weren't a great team...I've said this before and I'll say it YET again....COULD Gailey design an offense around Tebow...YES...he could, he did it with Thigpen...

He COULD design an offense around the paperboy...but that doesn't mean he SHOULD...it might be the BEST thing for TEBOW...but it wouldn't be the BEST thing for BUFFALO...

Tyler Thigpen came in as the 3rd string QB (7th rounder in his 2nd NFL season with 1 start under his belt) & due to injuries to to starting 2 QB's Thigpen came in. Gaily designed the offense to fit Thigpen's strengths. Gily used the Pistol offense. Thigpen threw 18 TD's ran for 3 TD's & caught a TD with only 12 picks. 22td's 12 picks. When was the last Bills QB to have a ratio like that?

Tyler Thigpen came in as the 3rd string QB (7th rounder in his 2nd NFL season with 1 start under his belt) & due to injuries to to starting 2 QB's Thigpen came in. Gaily designed the offense to fit Thigpen's strengths. Gily used the Pistol offense. Thigpen threw 18 TD's ran for 3 TD's & caught a TD with only 12 picks. 22td's 12 picks. When was the last Bills QB to have a ratio like that?

And like I said, would be the best thing for TEBOW...not for BUFFALO...yes Tebow would probably have similar or better numbers than that...awesome...where did KC finish in the West division???...EXACTLY...they were bums...and Buffalo can beat them with thier eyes closed

I see New England all over this only because they have the ammo to move up without losing a lot (three #2 picks: #44 #47 #53). They have no 3rd round and only a late 4th. I'd would take their 1st #2 and probably the #4 to move up a few slots in the 2nd round. The pats only have Brian Hoyer and WR/QB Isaiah Stanback behind Brady.

Tampa and KC have two #2's as well but probably won't go after QB's.

He's improving his mechanics.

Gailey would use the Pistol offense that he used in Kansas City which would play to Tebow's strengths.

Tebow is a great leader too.

Leader of what? a bunch of college kids?

And how many games did they win Thigpin as QB?

Jake Locker was rated #58, yet some "football experts" on the site wants to Bills to draft him as the next "franchise" QB for the team <_<

And just about every pro scout, NFL Analyst, GM, etc expect Locker to be the #1 pick in the draft next year and almost all agree he would be the first QB taken if he came out this year...

Stats arent everything...

What claim is silly? that he has terrible mechanics and an average at best arm? That I won't be spending my money on the bills? I don't live in buffalo, and usually make it back for one or two games a year, so it wouldn't exactly be a huge change for me to quit forking over the cash.

You're just about the biggest Pollyanna on the board, and you want to be ready to cheerlead no matter what boneheaded mistake the Bills make. Drafting Tebow anytime in the first 3 rounds would be the worst drafting blunder since drafting Mike Williams, and probably even worse since at least Williams looked at the draft like he could play the position. Tebow doesn't.

<_<

Even if we discount the fact that quarterback rating is an overrated stat, a good quarterback rating in college does not necessarily transfer into success at the pro level. If someone is playing on a great college team, the average opponent defense will be far inferior to your offense and your skill players will be able to dominate an opponent more often than not. Playing on a team that runs a pass heavy offense, especially if they run a lot of short, quick routes will up the rating too. When you remove the system benefits, a supposedly great quarterback can become very average.

I know this is an apple to oranges comparison in terms of style, but here's an example:

J Russell (college stats) See QB rating:

http://espndb.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146755

J Russell (pro stats) See QB rating:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10446

I'm not saying that Tebow isn't going to be a success in the NFL; he certainly has the work ethic. However, he has greatly benefited from being on a great team that uses short, quick routes (the high completion percentage boosts the QB rating).