UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

wow... you don't know football if you want to waste a 1st on 2 qbs that are hardly 1st round worthy in most other drafts.

tebow in the second is early, I agree. I'd prefer lefeouver or tebow in the 3rd and as oyu said DL/OL/LB in the early rounds. however - make no mistake - Clausen is a second coming of brady quinn and bradford has the makings of a Joe Flacco - big hype/name but really just not a great QB numbers wise.

You're the one who doesn't know football. Bradford would have been in the running with Stafford last year for the #1 overall pick had he come out and Clausen is a definite 1st rounder with what he showed under Charlie Weis in a pro style offense at ND. Is either one a "Can't Miss" prospect???....Of course not. Now STFU!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow PROS:

Very Strong Arm

Proven Leader/Winner

Mobile

QB from a top college football school

Tebow CONS:

Did not play in Pro System

Poor footwork mechanics

inaccurate on shorter throws

Tebow CONCLUSION:

Drafted somewhere in round 2 or 3 on a team that will develop him and not start him right away, but has him in future plans

If the Bills havent addressed QB in the first two rounds and hes there in round 3, id say hes the best QB left and we should take him, but not before that.

Let me just say this, if the best college football players became the best NFL players, then Ryan Leaf is currently playing football right now for the Chargers quickly becoming one of the highest paid NFL players, is better than Manning/Brady, has won several superbowls, and is regarded as one of the best quarterbacks of all time. That being said, I believe I have reached my conclusion:

Performance in College football has nothing to do with the level of playing ability in NFL, therefore Tim Tebow like ALL OTHER rookies is always a risky pick; you never know if he or any other college players will pan out to be good or bad.

How good was that "pistol" offense in KC????...c'mon...they weren't a great team...I've said this before and I'll say it YET again....COULD Gailey design an offense around Tebow...YES...he could, he did it with Thigpen...

He COULD design an offense around the paperboy...but that doesn't mean he SHOULD...it might be the BEST thing for TEBOW...but it wouldn't be the BEST thing for BUFFALO...

then what IS the BEST thing for BUFFALO?

So because Tebow had the highest rating of QB's in college last year, I guess that means that Timmy Chang, Cliff Kinsbury, and other QB's who had astronomical numbers in college can play in the NFL. Man someone needs to pick these guys off the streets they are gems waiting to happen.

Guest dog14787

Tebow's last college game, he had 533 yards of total offense—a record for a Bowl Championship Series game—and accounted for four touchdowns in a 51–24 Florida win against Cincinnati.

Tebows rushing totals for 2009: 217 rushes for 910 yards a 4.2 avg and 14 rushing TD's <_< say what

On October 31, 2009 playing against the Georgia Bulldogs, Tim Tebow ran for his 50th and 51st rushing touchdowns, breaking the SEC career record previously held by former Georgia running back Herschel Walker.

Tim Tebow is one hell of an athlete in my book and you can't go wrong drafting this kid, no way.

A perfect Chan Gailey "Slash II" if you think about it and you could start sprinkling him in right from the get go,

I like it...

Tebow's last college game, he had 533 yards of total offense—a record for a Bowl Championship Series game—and accounted for four touchdowns in a 51–24 Florida win against Cincinnati.

Tebows rushing totals for 2009: 217 rushes for 910 yards a 4.2 avg and 14 rushing TD's :nana: say what

On October 31, 2009 playing against the Georgia Bulldogs, Tim Tebow ran for his 50th and 51st rushing touchdowns, breaking the SEC career record previously held by former Georgia running back Herschel Walker.

Tim Tebow is one hell of an athlete in my book and you can't go wrong drafting this kid, no way.

A perfect Chan Gailey "Slash II" if you think about it and you could start sprinkling him in right from the get go,

I like it...

Even though they arent EXACTLY the same Lefevour has numbers that rival and in some instances exceed anything tebow did, so in terms of an athlete, Lefevour has to be right there in the conversation with tebow.

Guest dog14787
Even though they arent EXACTLY the same Lefevour has numbers that rival and in some instances exceed anything tebow did, so in terms of an athlete, Lefevour has to be right there in the conversation with tebow.

I can't argue with you there, Lefevour is also a very gifted athlete.

Even if we discount the fact that quarterback rating is an overrated stat, a good quarterback rating in college does not necessarily transfer into success at the pro level. If someone is playing on a great college team, the average opponent defense will be far inferior to your offense and your skill players will be able to dominate an opponent more often than not. Playing on a team that runs a pass heavy offense, especially if they run a lot of short, quick routes will up the rating too. When you remove the system benefits, a supposedly great quarterback can become very average.

I know this is an apple to oranges comparison in terms of style, but here's an example:

J Russell (college stats) See QB rating:

http://espndb.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146755

J Russell (pro stats) See QB rating:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10446

I'm not saying that Tebow isn't going to be a success in the NFL; he certainly has the work ethic. However, he has greatly benefited from being on a great team that uses short, quick routes (the high completion percentage boosts the QB rating).

Excellent post. Interesting point of view, and great evidence to support it.

For the people who say Tebow can't throw, he had the best passer rating in college

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statis...r/2009/group/80

In 2004 the top passer rating Stefan Lefors.

In 2005 it was Rudy Carpenter.

In 2006 it was Colt Brennan.

In 2007 it was Sam Bradford.

In 2008 it was Sam Bradford again.

In 2009, Clausen was third, a whopping 2.8 percentage points behind Tebow. Of course, Clausen wasn't playing for a national championship caliber team.

Lefors is playing for the Winninpeg Blue Bombers. A not unlikely destination, eventually, for Tebow.

If Tebow slips to 41, and after drafting a franchise LT, why is he more of a developmental guy than brohm, fritz, or even Edwards? Granted none of the fore mentioned cost us a second rounder, but i think this guy is going to be special. He has one characteristic we haven't had since Jim K. , a fierce competitor. Hey, look at what flutie accomplished! Its hard to believe some say they'd give up altogether on the bills if we draft him, but others talk about Caulpepper and John kitna. There's no logic to me in the thinking.

I dont know... I think brohm could be good... but if we were to trade down and somehow pick up mcnabb and draft tebow, then i think that would be good. From what i've seen they have pretty similar skill sets, and mcnabb would be a good one to mentor tebow's football skills, and he could be the starter until tebow is ready, which probably would be when mcnabb would be ready to retire.

For some reason that seems like the best deal, unless we just plan to throw brohm in there next year and settle the qb the following year

If he slips to 41. Wouldnt that send a message? I would like at least 2 characterisitics. Heck I'm a fierce competitor but I cant get the ball downfield. I would like a competitive QB with a better than average arm. And dont quote me passer ratings. YAC and feeble teams = good passer ratings No Tearbow

If he slips to 41. Wouldnt that send a message? I would like at least 2 characterisitics. Heck I'm a fierce competitor but I cant get the ball downfield. I would like a competitive QB with a better than average arm. And dont quote me passer ratings. YAC and feeble teams = good passer ratings No Tearbow

Feeble teams?

That's nice, but you need alot more than that to succeed in the NFL. It's easy in Florida when surrounded by many more Parade All americans than the teams they face. Tebow is a very risky pick, he could become great, but all signs based on similar players says he fails. The one thing that sperates very good NFL QB's apart is arm strength. Anyone with eve na marginal strong arm has no place in Buffalo.

He has one characteristic we haven't had since Jim K. , a fierce competitor.