UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

Really? Come on...

How many times do you need to make this ridiculous statement in this thread? I understood that you had no clue the first time you made it. You didn't need to repeat it again and again.

Feel free to prove me wrong. I provided Bible verses as references. You've provided nothing but unfounded accusations. Volley to you, sir.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must have different definitions of "yelling uncle". Saying "OK, I give you are right" is yelling uncle. I don't think I ever suggested I would do that.

Attempting to get a group of disparate individuals to engage in your particular religious ritual is a hell of a lot close to forcing beliefs than anything I said is to saying uncle.

Ok do you have a problem with saying no thanks? Telling him to shut up in my book is bad manners. I'm sorry I was just raised that way. Telling him to shut the !@#$ up is is rude beyond comparison.

Ok do you have a problem with saying no thanks? Telling him to shut up in my book is bad manners. I'm sorry I was just raised that way. Telling him to shut the !@#$ up is is rude beyond comparison.

Honestly I think it is just as rude as a stranger asking someone to pray with him. I'm guessing Tim knows he might get a direct response when he makes such a direct request. If not he is fooling himself.

Now I wouldn't have told him to "shut the *** up", but I might have said "Praise Satan!" or "Yabba Dabba Do!"

Edit: Furthermore, if you are talking about what someone "might have said", maybe Tim should have requested a "moment of silence" instead of insisting on prayer.

Who's defending him??

The issue that I see most people taking with this situation was the response he got.

Just to clarify, I am religious but keep my beliefs to myself. Tebow should have done the same.

He got a typical response from a young man who was about to take a very important test.

To me, the Peanut Butter bunny is much more important than this story...

Just looking over the thread quickly.. posts #6, 10, and 13 are defending him. There are places for religious preachings..they are called churches in his case.

But i cant argue the fact that peanut butter bunny is the important piece here.

No offense dude, but I think you live in a bubble. Of course it's rude, but it's also professional (or soon to be) football. Do you think Vince Wilfork says "pardon me" after blowing up a double-team?

Just looking over the thread quickly.. posts #6, 10, and 13 are defending him. There are places for religious preachings..they are called churches in his case.

Exactly! :thumbsup:

No offense dude, but I think you live in a bubble. Of course it's rude, but it's also professional (or soon to be) football. Do you think Vince Wilfork says "pardon me" after blowing up a double-team?

That's right I forgot why I don't watch sports that much anymore. They're filled with a bunch of low class morons who couldn't make it in the real world of true professionals. Thanks for reminding me. :thumbsup:

I concur on both counts... :thumbsup:

I'm sure it rolled right off him. He's used to haters, It's an accepted part of what he believes. The thing that frustrates me the most about this topic is the slack someone tends to get for expressing their beliefs and wanting to pray in situations that they feel it is warranted. But it's "hilarious" to ridicule them and make fun of those beliefs because you don't feel the same way. The religious guy is pushy and preachy, so it's okay to be a disrespectful A-hole to them.

So, this is why the life of a Bills fan is hell. So few believe in God!

really? it couldn't be that Buffalo can't attract jobs, people are leaving in droves, the politcians are incredibly corrupt, the sports teams have never won a major title, the sports teams are cursed and the weather generally is only for the thick skiined?

I'm sure it rolled right off him. He's used to haters, It's an accepted part of what he believes. The thing that frustrates me the most about this topic is the slack someone tends to get for expressing their beliefs and wanting to pray in situations that they feel it is warranted. But it's "hilarious" to ridicule them and make fun of those beliefs because you don't feel the same way. The religious guy is pushy and preachy, so it's okay to be a disrespectful A-hole to them.

I don't think most (or any) here have a problem with Tim wanting to pray. They have a problem with him trying to get others to pray. That is being disrespectful to those who have no interest.

I went to Catholic school. I've read [most of] the Bible (you clearly haven't). What's your excuse?

And, you can tell this how? Because I made a sarcastic remark in a thread that is rapidly becoming a religious urinating contest? Ok...

As far as debating with you the fine points of theology, history, and the Bible...well, I'll pass. This isn't the proper forum.

I don't think most (or any) here have a problem with Tim wanting to pray. They have a problem with him trying to get others to pray. That is being disrespectful to those who have no interest.

Exactly.

Even Christians say, "Oh ****" when the Jehovah's Witnesses come knocking. At least I do....

hahaha, that's awesome.

that's not awesome - it is stupid and shameful - the lack of respect for diversity is disgusting

it was probably one of the people that tebow torched in a winning effort

btw i am not a religious person by nature - nor am i a tebow mania guy

and futhermore some of the most respected buffalo bill players were religious people: don bebee, frank reich, etc . . . - never heard of any proglem with them being religious

And, you can tell this how? Because I made a sarcastic remark in a thread that is rapidly becoming a religious urinating contest? Ok...

As far as debating with you the fine points of theology, history, and the Bible...well, I'll pass. This isn't the proper forum.

That's fine, and I don't disagree with anything you just said (this certainly isn't the forum). But next time don't call out someone if you aren't prepared to engage them. Saying someone "knows nothing" about something generally requires some sort of clarification of said statement.