UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

A little role reversal...a Muslim player requests the test takers to face Mecca and pray before the Wonderlic and Tebow tells him to "shut his yapper" or some other sort of sanitized insult (because a born again would *never* say STFU).

Tebow becomes a hero to a huge portion of the same people who are opposed to the STFU guy and he's on Glenn Beck the next day.

You know this to be a fact?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would have been nothing wrong with Tebow saying a prayer by himself quietly. The whole grandstanding thing asking for a public show of religious piety is the issue.

Now, I do think the other dude's response was totally inappropriate. I would have said something like, "Go into your inner room." or better yet just say,"Matthew 6:6, rookie." Tebow's initial ask was just unnecessary.

C

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...est-falls-flat/

hahahahahaha, I wonder what Tebows' face looked like.

You're an idiot. Tim Tebow will be a star in the NFL, and if he also has a strong faith, that will also make him a star and a quality human being, which is very rare to find in any sport today. Not to mention the fact that the ignoramous who told Tebow to shut the f up, most likely has not already been paid from $150.00 to $300.00 per autograph as Tebow already has been paid in one recent appearence. The kids' already making huge bank, and he hasn't even been drafted yet.

hahahahahaha, I wonder what Tebows' bank account looks like.

If we draft him or Clausen, I'm to be ticked off for a good while.

Yeah, I'm sure you'd be ticked off right up until either one made their first Pro Bowl, right around the end of their second or third season, after they have established themselves as the best QB to be drafted by Buffalo since Kelly, right? Boy, that would tick me right off too. :thumbsup:

I thought you weren't going to engage?

And do you really think those are the only two out there (Deuteronomy 22:20-21, I Corinthians 14:34-35, Deuteronomy 25:11-12, Exodus 32:27-29, Numbers 16:49, etc. etc.)? And sending "wrath" is taking their women as "love slaves"? Nice.

I'm guessing you were an altar boy...I'd be angry too.

Truth. There's nothing more annoying to people of different beliefs, or no belief at all, to constantly hear this stuff. That's why he got that response.

You are so right. This is why Kurt Warner was so hated by all his teammates.

Not sure how funny it is that someone told him to shut up, but man do I find his obnoxious in-your-face style of faith to be annoying. I don't attempt to force my views on others, and I don't think he should, either.

To me all it does is show a myopic view of faith, and the promotes standard evangelical line that everyone else should be the same as them and can't imagine that anyone else would be different.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...est-falls-flat/

hahahahahaha, I wonder what Tebows' face looked like.

This example, and the immediate polarizing reaction shown on this board, are strong evidence of one reason why teams should stay far away from Tebow. This sort of holier than though act, however it is defended for whatever its well intentioned purpose might be, will not play in an NFL locker room.

What is it about this story that you find so awesome?

pretty obvious. It was the fact that peopel are willing to tell tebow to take his prayer request and shove it up his ass.

I think its hillarious, and I for one wish he would shut the **** up myself. I don't share his views and I don't want to be peppered with them in his interviews or any where ever.

It's also one of the reasons I hope the Bill snever draft him. I don't want to deal with his religous B.S.

Tebow may not have fathered 10 kids ... YET... but pushing your religous beliefs down other peoples throats annoys the hell out of me

What I find humorous is that all the years I attended Catholic schools I don't ever recall opening a bible once...ever. I do remember going to mass everyday before lunch @ St Barnabas though. Bible study? No such thing though we did have prayer books.

That's because the Catholic hierarchy didn't want the common folk reading the bible.

I'm not going to start a religious/anti-religious thread here. If you've actually read the Bible and you support murder and rape (Numbers 31.15-18, Isaiah 13. 13-19, etc.), slavery (1 Peter 2:13-15, Exodus 21:1-4, Deuteronomy 15:12-18, etc.), or the slaughter of a man's own son (Genesis 22), then we probably have very little in common anyway.

Besides, it's pretty funny to me how all the 'pious' Christians come out of the woodwork to defend their myth yet show a scantily-clad woman as their avatar. Sort of goes against the message of Christ, wouldn't you say?

somebody say amen

exactly, he should respect that not everyone is of the same mentality of himself in terms of faith and tone it down a bit. There's nothing wrong with him being so strong in faith, but its not everyones cup of tea, just tone it down a bit, people will respect that too

I hear ya, CB, and I agree with you, but what is lost a little bit in the story is that Tebow should keep such things to himself but the simple request (not order, request) he made was responded to by a shut the *&*%-up...is that a pitch perfect appropriate response?