Chan Gailey

Nevergiveup

1. It is 2010. That was 15 years ago.

2. He was not the OC in 2005.

He was promoted from WR coach during the season........

For a fan base that clings desperately to Schobel and Kyle Williams, I have to laugh at the reaction

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus. He's one of these guys?

This guy is like the head coaching version of Buddy Nix. I literally have no idea what point he drove home in that soliloquy.

I'm all for emotion, but I like the Cowher, Billick, Coughlin, Parcells emotion. Not that sentimental Rex Ryan crap (and, yes, I know where Ryan's team is playing right now).

I don't know I kind of liked that clip. It shows he really cares about his players...I say give him a shot, seems like he's had a winning record everywhere he's been. The emotion is nice to see out of a HC...now just bring in a good DC and OC.

Chan Gailey would be just another Dick Jauron hire. Speaking as an 11 year Georgia tech season ticket holder I can tell you that fans felt the same way about Chan Gailey as Bills fans felt about Dick Jauron. He's conservative and plays it safe all the time. He's boring and uninspiring. I don't like to give knee jerk reactions to things, but if this is true it will severly impact the level of emotional and financial support I will give to this team. Hiring Chan would be horrible.

Hopefully Russ has leaked this to put us into panic mode, making the eventual announcement of coach "X" a relief instead of feeling like we've settled?? I'm grasping here, I know.

Buddy Nix now looks like a disgusting hire. I had high hopes for him. Now I am going to go eat lead-based paint and pray for a shorter life span...

Nix isn't running anything. Burns and Smithers are the power brokers with this franchise. We know this because Nix, as a guy hired last February, couldn't fire the three people who most need to go: Guy, Modrak, and Overdorf.

If the guy can't fire these people, what can he do? There's more to being a GM than just scouting and the draft.

It won't bother me in the least if we hire Chan Gailey. I think he did a good job in Pittsburgh as an offensive coordinator, when he had to switch offensive philosophies mid-season from running to passing, and took the Steelers to the Superbowl in 1995. He also did fairly well in his stint with Dallas.

As with all of the recent coaches we have had, he will do as well as the talent level allows. Yess, the past few coaches were short circuited by lack of talent on the team, despite what the homer fans wish to believe.

It will depend to a large degree, on who the next HC assembles as OC, DC and QBC, and then factor in about 20-25% player personnel change to go along with that. I wouldn't be suicidal if Gailey is the next HC. I just hope the next one puts together a solid coaching staff, gets an OL together and puts a solid QB behind it.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call The Twilight Zone.

He was promoted from WR coach during the season........

For a fan base that clings desperately to Schobel and Kyle Williams, I have to laugh at the reaction

Speaking of Schobel. I'm thinking his decision just got alot easier.

So Ralph was talking to Buddy and he said ya know that Georgia Tech guy was pretty good we thought about hiring him a few years ago, whats his name again? Well buddy figuring Raplh was talking recent history rang up Chan and offered the job. On hearing the news Ralph was asking who is that Chan Guy I thought his name was Bobby.

In all honesty, is there a contact number at One Bills Drive? We need to just bombard them. I'm looking into it...

1-800-WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK

I would say "The Ralph" no longer refers to our stadium, but rather the collective reaction to this hire. Just unbelievable. Perry would have been inspired compared to this train wreck.

They always say that the best teams draft the best player available...never by "need". I bet Buddy Nix would say that too. Why didnt they do that in this case??????? They were stuck on hiring an offensive coach that had prev experiance as a head coach. The best available player in this case was a defensive coach..so what do they do? They hire for need and get the 4th..5th..6th best candidate? Being kind....

1-800-WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK

I would say "The Ralph" no longer refers to our stadium, but rather the collective reaction to this hire. Just unbelievable. Perry would have been inspired compared to this train wreck.

Didn't work for obama care, lol and you're dealing with Ralph

GAILEY?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

The good ol' boy network at it again.

I can't believe we have a wide open shot at all but 31 people on the planet Earth and this is who we will select...

Seems like Dungy did a pretty good job with picking Caldwell, so if he says Frazier will make a good coach and his defenses the last several years confirm that, why would we pick a college coach with marginal success at both the pro and college levels?

If I were a season ticket holder, I would be FURIOUS instead of just unbelievably ticked.

UGH. Pray that it's just a diversion.