Chan Gailey

Nevergiveup

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see how such a hire would excite the Bills faithful, or any potential season-ticket buyers.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for...

Mike Leach

Probably the only legit coach left that would not turn down the position. Maybe these two trainwrecks are truly meant to travel down the same rail to destiny... :wallbash:

Don't see how such a hire would excite the Bills faithful, or any potential season-ticket buyers.

Ahhhh grasshopper, that's where the genius may be coming through. If history shows us anything, it's that the Bills faithful will largely continue to support this team as long as it stays in Buffalo. Sure they may lose some ticket sales, but probably not huge amounts. A flash FA signing or a popular name in the draft and they may not even lose many season sales at all. Bills fans REALLY want to Billieve after all.

Now, add to that the millions Ralph saves paying someone like Gailey instead of Cowher or Shanahan or the like. Ralph dances his way to the bank again!

Could be a stroke of genius after all, if it's true of course :wallbash:

Ahhhh grasshopper, that's where the genius may be coming through. If history shows us anything, it's that the Bills faithful will largely continue to support this team as long as it stays in Buffalo. Sure they may lose some ticket sales, but probably not huge amounts. A flash FA signing or a popular name in the draft and they may not even lose many season sales at all. Bills fans REALLY want to Billieve after all.

Now, add to that the millions Ralph saves paying someone like Gailey instead of Cowher or Shanahan or the like. Ralph dances his way to the bank again!

Folks who believe that amuse the S--- out of me. Ralph and the gang are trying to field a winner they just don't know how!

Come on man, if you had a source that was giving you reliable information would you throw him under a bus to satisfy the curiosity of some people on a forum? Believe him or don't, but looking at his track record makes me believe him over the other bozo's who are currently being quoted.

Thank you.

Again, not completely sure, did not want to panic the nation, but I thought you would want the info.

Also...based on the post from Billsfansince 61, it is appearing more and more likely. Seems like a plant.

Folks who believe that amuse the S--- out of me. Ralph and the gang are trying to field a winner they just don't know how!

Don't know how? Talk about amusing. It's not rocket science. You hire quality people (GM particularly), pay them fair market rate (or better) and get the !@#$ out of their way and let them do their job. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE can see this. Don't know how? Geesh.

I do believe that Ralph does want to field a winner, or at least not a joke team, before he passes. But I also think his family's financial future trumps any of those desires. I know it would for me if I were in his shoes.

I don't mean to be cruel, nor do I mean to make light of what is probably a trying situation for his family (I too deal with elder care issues, and it is a difficult labor of love), but I am skeptical Ralph can still think on that level. That said, I don't think your logic is lost on whoever is running this franchise. I suspect, without anything to support the theory, that it dawned on someone that the $6.5M spent on T.O. could be better dedicated to a coach, and when the big game hunt failed, your logic was probably front and center on the mind of whoever helps Ralph run this billion dollar train wreck.

Thank you.

Again, not completely sure, did not want to panic the nation, but I thought you would want the info.

Also...based on the post from Billsfansince 61, it is appearing more and more likely. Seems like a plant.

yeah and thanks for the info. didn't mean to be adversarial, was just wondering what your statement was based upon. guess we'll soon find out. don't think it would be the worst hire they could make.

Thank you.

How about a little bitty hint on your source? Is it ralphs barber, stew barber, joe the barber, the snow plow driver etc etc