Chan Gailey

Nevergiveup

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A shockingly bad choice, if true. Shocking. There is no conceivable way I can justify purchasing season tickets again. Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me 10 years in a row... shame on me. How even the most optimistic Bills fan could think this Nix-Gailey duo can be anything but putrid is beyond me. In all reality, and without any sort of irony, I think its fair to say that as Bills fans... we are in fact doomed.

Here is the last entry for him in Wikipedia:

(2008-present)

Gailey was hired on January 16, 2008 to become the offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs. Gailey inherited a Chiefs offense that ranked at the bottom of the league in almost every category the previous season.[13] He was demoted after three pre-season games in 2009 and relieved of playcalling duties by head coach Todd Haley.[14]

Any one else feeling underwhelmed here? Why not Rich Kotite or Bud Carson?

awwww........you left out the good stuff.

Chan Gailey has had success everywhere he has been.

breakout the kool-aid.

Gailey moved to the National Football League , when the Denver Broncos signed him as a defensive assistant and special teams coach. The team made three Super Bowl appearances during his six-year tenure. In 1991, Gailey left the NFL to become the head coach of the Birmingham Fire of the World League of American Football, where the team made the playoffs in both years that he was coach.

After a one-year stint as head coach at Samford University, he returned to the NFL with the Pittsburgh Steelers. After starting off as coach for the wide receivers, then moved up to offensive coordinator for the 1996 and 1997 NFL seasons. The Steelers won their division all four years, and made one Super Bowl appearance.

In 1998, Gailey was hired to take over a struggling Dallas Cowboys squad, one that had faltered under Barry Switzer during his last year. Gailey's Cowboys won the NFC East in 1998, and made the playoffs under his two years at the reins, although they failed to win a playoff game. Gailey is the only Cowboys coach to make the playoffs every season with his team.

Gailey returned to the offensive coordinator role, this time with the Miami Dolphins for the 2000 and 2001 seasons. Who posted consecutive 11-5 seasons

But I think we are owed an explanation from the Bills as to why the swift 180 from Frazier (who blew Nix away in his interview) to Gailey (who we never even heard was being considered for the job, let alone interviewed). The Bills will probably say that Chan was their man all along and anything else in the media was pure speculation.

The first inkling of what this team will look like next season will come when Chan hires his OC and DC.

They could do worse. I'm not thrilled about the possibility, but its no less underwhelming to me than Frazier or most of these other guys. The only one I'd definitely put higher on the list is Jason Garrett, but I think he'll reject the job. On the bright side, he'd be a far better choice than Dick Jauron ever was.

Not sure what makes him any better than Jauron, but I am impressed by how low you've fallen.

Seriously, have you people no pride left? Are you beaten down that far? No shame left at all? Come on! Snap out of it! Stop acting as if you feel lucky to have whatever garbage you are fed by miser Ralph!

Honestly, I really do have pity on those of you who think so little of yourselves that this crap is good enough.

Is anyone surprised? Thats what anyone who bought into the marketing bs from the FO gets. Fake GM, 4th-tier HC. The only thing that could even make me feel a little ok about this is if Gailey brings ni some stud coordinators, but that likely won't happen. I'm just depressed now.

But I think we are owed an explanation from the Bills as to why the swift 180 from Frazier (who blew Nix away in his interview) to Gailey (who we never even heard was being considered for the job, let alone interviewed). The Bills will probably say that Chan was their man all along and anything else in the media was pure speculation.

The first inkling of what this team will look like next season will come when Chan hires his OC and DC.

Why this? Why now? Frazier was about to go on record as declining the job......pretty fair statement?

Chan Gailey has had success everywhere he has been.

breakout the kool-aid.

Gailey moved to the National Football League , when the Denver Broncos signed him as a defensive assistant and special teams coach. The team made three Super Bowl appearances during his six-year tenure. In 1991, Gailey left the NFL to become the head coach of the Birmingham Fire of the World League of American Football, where the team made the playoffs in both years that he was coach.

After a one-year stint as head coach at Samford University, he returned to the NFL with the Pittsburgh Steelers. After starting off as coach for the wide receivers, then moved up to offensive coordinator for the 1996 and 1997 NFL seasons. The Steelers won their division all four years, and made one Super Bowl appearance.

In 1998, Gailey was hired to take over a struggling Dallas Cowboys squad, one that had faltered under Barry Switzer during his last year. Gailey's Cowboys won the NFC East in 1998, and made the playoffs under his two years at the reins, although they failed to win a playoff game. Gailey is the only Cowboys coach to make the playoffs every season with his team.

Gailey returned to the offensive coordinator role, this time with the Miami Dolphins for the 2000 and 2001 seasons. Who posted consecutive 11-5 seasons

This aint a bad resume to be sure.

Can someone provide some sources on this? I see posts like this all over the message board and I'm not doubting its validity (rather I am dreading it). But it would be nice to have one solid thread with this type of speculation along with any sources that back it up.

John Murphy -WKBW

I hate him already

57? I was kinda hoping for a younger coach but oh well I will give the Bills the benifit of the doubt....

They better have one heck of a draft

Based on what? Their stellar track record since 2000?

Rookies aren't a difference maker typically their first season. They'll try to sign McNabb or Vick to a one year deal to be TO 2.0.

And yet fans are twisting this to be "okay." Unfreakingbelieveable.