Chan Gailey

Nevergiveup

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely would have a hard time getting excited about Chan Gailey....I'm still holding out hope for Marty ball :wallbash:

Marty's brother took a job in s.f toaday . My guess is Buddy finally gave on Marty or Marty gave a final no. Tells his brother i am out,his brother grabs a job asap. Then suddenly gailey's name comes out.

does this make sense or am I off base

No, I wasn't thrilled with Jauron. And I'm not thrilled with this. But let's be realistic, here. This is a job that no truly legitimate candidate is going to take. People can debate a hundred reasons why ... but the fact is, it's a job no one wants. So I'm okay with this because we need A coach. Somebody. And the guy's NFL resume is better than Frazier, Harbaugh, B. Schottenheimer and Fewell. So yes, I'm okay with this. Buddy Nix got what he said he was going to get; an offensive minded coach with prior NFL head coaching experience. They play the games for a reason. Let's at least give it until mid-season next year to see what they look like.

Someone like Brian Billick? An offensive-minded coach with prior experience. Who was clearly all for the idea of coming here. Oh and this bonus: He also has a winning record in both the regular season and postseason along with a Super Bowl ring? You're telling me that Brian Billick is not fit to be a candidate for this job but CHAN GAILEY is? I don't really care if Billick is Buddy Nix's favorite person in the world or not, Nix was hired to try to win football games to the best of his ability, not make/bring in friends.

I'm done. Why did I check this board before going home! I was in a good mood ready to pick up dinner, play with the kids, etc. Now I just want to puke. Chan &*^&*& Gailey. You have got to be kidding me! Might as well have kept Jauron.

People still behing the Nix hire?? What a joke.

You have established yourself as a VERY reliable source for real Bills news and I suspect I speak for the vast majority of posters here when I say thanks. As for the 2 posters you mention, ignore them. That's what I do.

+1 :wallbash:

Report: Gailey expected to be next Bills head coach

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 18, 2010 5:17 PM ET

We have a new leader in the clubhouse to be the next Bills head coach.

Jay Glazer of Fox reports that Chan Gailey is expected to meet with the Bills for a second time Monday. Barring a breakdown in talks, he's expected to be named the coach in the next 24-48 hours.

It's a stunning turn because Gailey's name has not been mentioned previously, and his meeting with the Bills last week was in secret.

Gailey, 58, would not be a particularly splashy pick for the Bills. But he would fit G.M. Buddy Nix's profile: He's an offensive coach with head coaching experience.

Gailey ran the Cowboys in the late 90's and has had offensive coordinator stints in Pittsburgh, Miami, and Kansas City. He was the head coach at Georgia Tech from 2002-2007 and is known for a run-first approach.

We can't help but wonder if Gailey's name came up when the Bills pursued Bill Cowher. When Cowher stepped down in Pittsburgh, he recommended Gailey to be his successor.

Seriously, WTF!!!! Why not hold onto Jauron and co. for another year and see how the collective bargaining comes out if this is the crap they are going to give us. At lest we could have had a couple more better prospects turn us down after next year.

This is total crap. On the positive side -- I am really looking forward to the press conference. I want to see how Buddy can possibly put a good spin on this hire. As I said in another thread -- time to ready the "Nix Buddy" signs.

Very, very, very, very disappointed in Chan Gailey.

re·tread (r-trd)

tr.v. re·tread·ed, re·tread·ing, re·treads

1. To fit (a worn automotive tire) with a new tread.

2. To make or do over again, especially with minimal revision; rehash: retreading a familiar story line.

n. (rtrd)

3. A used-up coach in the National Football League with a uninspiring track record who is consistently rehired despite little prospect of success, usually by dysfunctional organizations. See Gailey, Chan and Jauron, Dick.

Dick jauron went to the playoffs once with the bears, Gailey went twice with the cowboys, built the steelers offense in the mid-late 90's (4 consecutive playoff berths), was coordinator for the dolphins in 2000-2001 both 11-5 playoff years.

It could be a whole lot worse, this guy seems to know how to build and run an offense, im njot overly disappointed if it turns out to be him.

Report: Gailey expected to be next Bills head coach

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 18, 2010 5:17 PM ET

We have a new leader in the clubhouse to be the next Bills head coach.

Jay Glazer of Fox reports that Chan Gailey is expected to meet with the Bills for a second time Monday. Barring a breakdown in talks, he's expected to be named the coach in the next 24-48 hours.

It's a stunning turn because Gailey's name has not been mentioned previously, and his meeting with the Bills last week was in secret.

Gailey, 58, would not be a particularly splashy pick for the Bills. But he would fit G.M. Buddy Nix's profile: He's an offensive coach with head coaching experience.

Gailey ran the Cowboys in the late 90's and has had offensive coordinator stints in Pittsburgh, Miami, and Kansas City. He was the head coach at Georgia Tech from 2002-2007 and is known for a run-first approach.

We can't help but wonder if Gailey's name came up when the Bills pursued Bill Cowher. When Cowher stepped down in Pittsburgh, he recommended Gailey to be his successor.

Ralph said they weren't looking for a "splashy" name. I am physically ill