Chan Gailey

Nevergiveup

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Gailey's track record , I can't say its that bad , at all. Having said that , I feel totally let down if he is the new HC. I really wanted a HC , whos respected around the league , to come in and rejuvanate this team , based solely on his reputation , and then back it up with a solid next year. Chan Gailey is not that guy. But , in all honesty , I would take him over Frazier.

He's a coach with a mediocre record all in all at every level. We all wanted a guy with experience and track record of SB success. If it wasn't one of the big 3 or Billick I'd rather go with a guy who is out to prove something over Gailey. A fresh face so to speak. At least he doesn't have a losing record like Jauron did, but that ain't saying much...

I swear to !@#$ing God, I want a headband wearing, headset ignoring, surfing, glove wearing, mullet having 75 year old coaching this team.

I figure it would make 2/3 of Bills fans and media's heads collectively explode and the avg. IQ of the city would instantly rise by about 75 points.

Uninspired choice...Im not thrilled, if true.

But the team is doomed to failure becuase of it? Come on.

I swear to !@#$ing God, I want a headband wearing, headset ignoring, surfing, glove wearing, mullet having 75 year old coaching this team.

I figure it would make 2/3 of Bills fans and media's heads collectively explode and the avg. IQ of the city would instantly rise by about 75 points.

Chuck Dickerson?

:wallbash:

If you're okay with this, then you must've been one of the people thrilled with the Jauron hire as well. This is a joke.

No, I wasn't thrilled with Jauron. And I'm not thrilled with this. But let's be realistic, here. This is a job that no truly legitimate candidate is going to take. People can debate a hundred reasons why ... but the fact is, it's a job no one wants. So I'm okay with this because we need A coach. Somebody. And the guy's NFL resume is better than Frazier, Harbaugh, B. Schottenheimer and Fewell. So yes, I'm okay with this. Buddy Nix got what he said he was going to get; an offensive minded coach with prior NFL head coaching experience. They play the games for a reason. Let's at least give it until mid-season next year to see what they look like.

Could be as soon as tomorrow.

If this is true, the Bills can just drop us a press release. No PC necessary. No need to trump it up, it is what it is. Gailey is a tired old never was who wears out his welcome in short order and he will do the same here. A disappointment but as Bills fans your choices are take it and like it. As Marv would say, this guy has been fired more times than a civil war cannon. The upside is that this is really funny.

You have established yourself as a VERY reliable source for real Bills news and I suspect I speak for the vast majority of posters here when I say thanks. As for the 2 posters you mention, ignore them. That's what I do.

You are welcome.

Good advice. I think they are well informed and researched, but most of the time way off base with their actual opinions. I will try to ignore them.

that would be shocking. I don't really know much about the guy other than he's been around awhile. I'm more than a little concerned about him not really coaching much in the NFL this past decade...

I hope we're not just hiring somebody right now because we don't want to wait a few weeks.

Why didn't they just continue to interview guys like Garrett, McDermott or Rivera? We'll probably never know the true answer. I would understand hiring this guy who's at the very bottom of the coaching list if they had all declined, but this guy Gailey was nothing more than a caretaker type of head coach of the last vestiges of a Dallas dynasty. What a disappointment. Reminds me of the Jauron hire. Gut reaction is really bad on this one. I am seriously bummed out.

Why didn't they just continue to interview guys like Garrett, McDermott or Rivera? We'll probably never know the true answer. I would understand hiring this guy who's at the very bottom of the coaching list if they had all declined, but this guy Gailey was nothing more than a caretaker type of head coach of the last vestiges of a Dallas dynasty. What a disappointment. Reminds me of the Jauron hire. Gut reaction is really bad on this one. I am seriously bummed out.

Every coordinator out there was just about to turn them down in short order....this move was pure damage control.