B Schottenheimer declines interview

FluffHead

The NFL has turned into a real snobby p u s s y league, what happened to coaches and player that would love to be in a REAL football town?

Now they all want to go to warm weather cities with a night life and spas and all the other fruity crap these modern day warriors crave. Players, Coaches, pussies.

weather has nothing to do with it...you think if the GB job popped open schotty and anyother candidate woudlnt be falling over themselves to get that job. Its about the roster and wether or not they will be given the opportunity to suceed. Something that hasnt exactly been a selling point around here for the past decade

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about the roster and wether or not they will be given the opportunity to suceed.

and succeed in the short run. Any team without a viable QB on the roster has an exceptionally tough time winning - you need a dominant O-line and defense to even hope to sniff the playoffs. And today if you don't win quickly, that could be it.

I think it also may have to do with the idea of an uncapped year and possibly uncapped league going forward. We could potentially be the KC Royals of the NFL and no one of any respectability would want to coach that. It'd be a losing battle.

plus he's a really young coach. He may want to actually finish building something before taking off.

Exactly. Sanchez was a rookie QB this year and really stunk it up for the most part (as most do). They have some good tools in place on the Jets. Another year or two for Sanchez to mature and they should be a force. If/When that happens he will probably have teams with a much better situation and reputation than Buffalo's courting him for a HC position. For him to take the HC job now in Buffalo would be a big mistake for him. Declining the interview in this case saves everyone a lot of time and bother.

The denial from other candidates is making the Billick option more attractive. Not because he may be the only one left... but because he would come with a huge chip on his shoulder. Always a big motivator. The Coach nobody wanted with the organization nobody wanted... starting to look like a nice marriage.

Interesting take...

He always seemed like an odd choice to me because up until the Jets backed into the playoffs when the Colts and Bengals rolled over, most Jets fans I know wanted this guy fired because his play calling was terrible. Personally, I have no opinion of his play calling but find to disparity in perception strange.

Before everyone panics, we should keep in mind B. Shotty's father is good friends with our GM. Meaning, he certainly has some inside info on the search and the conditions of the hire. Wait, I guess we should panic.

It doesn't matter at this point. The Bills will hire a lesser known coordinator and then attempt to sign a high profile player to make up for it.

What sells to a fan base is new players, either FA or rookies and a new coach. They've banked on that for years now, without results. The results are generally the same, but those aren't known until the end of the season after tickets are sold.

Even though the Jets granted the Bills permission, New York offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer declined the chance to interview for the Buffalo head coaching job this week or after the season, according to sources

Well that can shut some of the homers up.

Leslie Frazier is a strong candidate. Not sure why everyone is down on him. He probably is the strongest candidate we will interview, unless Jason Garrett truly is a dark horse.

As has been the case in the past, and will continue to be the case going forward, until the following three things happen, it doesn't matter who is HC

1) The post-Ralph Wilson ownership situation is resolved

2) RW opens up his pocket books to show that he is committed to success

3) RW completely steps back from having influence on personnel decisions. This includes who to hire in the FO, who to draft, who to sign and who to re-sign.

It is no wonder that coaches are afraid to coach the Bills.

Though, as I've said, there are also plenty of reasons a HC should consider coming to Buffalo. I just think they are overshadowed by historical concerns.

Time to get Jerry Richardson on the Horn!

Well it HAS to be an anti-Buffalo or anti-Bills reason. According to the self-haters on this board, there can be no other reason.

:thumbdown:

Sounds like we have fat girl syndrome.

She can't get a date so...

She gets a manicure. No help.

She colors her hair. Still no go.

Buys new cloths, puts on more make-up, wears the best perfume, nothing works. Even blaming her problem on all the guys she has met saying "They're just jerks". All the while denying to herself that if she would just lose 100 lbs she would have better luck.

Sometimes the obvious reasons are the hardest to see.

The Bills still can't get a date. Maybe it is them.

All of you negtive nancies, if you read the quotes, Schotty is very happy where he is and doesn't want to jump just to get the title. He said he is finally happy after along time. It's nothing to do with the Bills. Why do Bills fans have an inferiority complex?

Why you ask? Maybe because we know that if the Washington or Seattle job was still open I guarantee Brian Schott would interview with them. It is due to the fact that Buffalo is a hopeless organization that needs a complete makeover and why would any young coaching candidate want to potentially damage his career by coming here.

There are no long term plans for the franchise, you have guys in the front office that were hired by someone who was fired years ago and that dont know their ass from their elbow, no qb, no offensive line, and no direction going forward. It is just depressing looking at the current state of the Bills and being such a big fan I can honestly it sucks thinking this way. I don't know what to think anymore, but I do know major changes are needed. I mean come on we can't even get an average o-coord to want to interview with us.

The more I think about this, the more I realize how dumb some posters really are. The Jets have teh best oline in football and finished 20th in total offense. They finished 31st in passing, even behind the Bills high flying air attack. They ran the ball the most times in the NFL, almost 100 more times than the 2nd place team.

This is a coach people are crying about not interviewing here??? Get a grip.

All of you negtive nancies, if you read the quotes, Schotty is very happy where he is and doesn't want to jump just to get the title. He said he is finally happy after along time. It's nothing to do with the Bills. Why do Bills fans have an inferiority complex?

I agree. He's what, 34-years-old? He's in no hurry ... and he's not desperate ... to become a head coach. He's got the luxury of waiting for the perfect time and opportunity. What's wrong with that? I respect him for not jumping at the chance just for the sake of a title change and a raise. He's had other opportunities and other interviews in the past. He knows what he's waiting for.

If Cowher does end up saying no (not Schefter saying it for him), then B. Schott will be the bigger man for doing what Cowher didn't ... being up front with the Bills organization (and fans, for that matter).

I've got no problem with B. Schott turning this down, and I don't think it's indicitave of anything other than he's happy where he is and Buffalo isn't the perfect opportunity. It doesn't mean Buffalo sucks, or that he hates Buffalo.

That makes a lot of sense. He interviewed for the Jets head coaching job last year and obviously didn't get it. Yet he stayed on to coach. If you had any pride, you would have left. He just sounds like a guy who is happy to be an assistant. That is definitely not a guy we need here. and it's not like we talking about some offensive genius here either. his gameplan is just run the ball behind a great oline and keep his QB from passing. Not too hard.

This is not a endorsement of Shotenheimer for hc,but he has done a pretty good job of putting Sanchez in manageable situtations.

all you have to do is think about Joe Ferguson,and how he was handled for his rookie year.I used to go crazy thinking that we should let him throw the ball more.Well He turned out to be one of our best QB's,and our game plan with him was to just run the ball behind a very good OL.with OJ and Braxton.

The more I think about this, the more I realize how dumb some posters really are. The Jets have teh best oline in football and finished 20th in total offense. They finished 31st in passing, even behind the Bills high flying air attack. They ran the ball the most times in the NFL, almost 100 more times than the 2nd place team.

This is a coach people are crying about not interviewing here??? Get a grip.

I think the point is he sucks so bad yet he's not even interested in us...that makes us the suckiest thing going...ever. :thumbdown:

I think the point is he sucks so bad yet he's not even interested in us...that makes us the suckiest thing going...ever. :thumbdown:

The fact is that the Bills are working down a list from the most desired on down. So, if they are on the 10th candidate and the 10th guy is turning down an interview, they keep working down the list to even lesser candidates.

The NFL has turned into a real snobby p u s s y league, what happened to coaches and player that would love to be in a REAL football town?

This has nothing to do with the awesome fans of Buffalo. This has to do with the stinking, rotting head at the top of OBD. A round of applause for our Hall of Fame owner, who has turned this purse into a sow's ear.