Bud Adams flies the double bird at Bills

timstep

I suspect there is history between the owners that is not being disclosed...it's hard to believe those gestures weren't aimed at Wilson.

Maybe he was inquiring if Wilson wanted to come over for a boink?

In a literal or figurative sense? Not sure Wilson would have made the trip.

But considering RCW's staunch disapproval of franchise relocation, including Adams running the Oilers into the ground to get out of his lease in Houston, one suspects there may have been words exchanged between the two on that subject.

Ralph, at the 1996 league meetings: "I think people who follow it very closely have lost a lot of respect for the NFL with all this shifting around of franchises and players. Pro football is such a tremendous sport if the owners and players don't ruin it."

(Some irony there, in retrospect. As always, thanks to Sal Maiorana and Relentless -- you can find that quote in Vol. II.)

My guess is it has something to do with more recent events and a sort of revisionist angle on some things from the past.

In a literal or figurative sense? Not sure Wilson would have made the trip.

But considering RCW's staunch disapproval of franchise relocation, including Adams running the Oilers into the ground to get out of his lease in Houston, one suspects there may have been words exchanged between the two on that subject.

Ralph, at the 1996 league meetings: "I think people who follow it very closely have lost a lot of respect for the NFL with all this shifting around of franchises and players. Pro football is such a tremendous sport if the owners and players don't ruin it."

(Some irony there, in retrospect. As always, thanks to Sal Maiorana and Relentless -- you can find that quote in Vol. II.)

BINGO!

Yet, do you see the irony... Ralph and his family are literally out living the franchise in BFLO. Basically when Ralph dies the franchise MAY move afterall.

What a cruel joke and stand Ralph is making by not letting go (the team) early. :(

Wow, so Titan's owner flips off the Bills. That's like a tortoise flipping off a turtle after passing him down the highway.

A comment from a Titan's fan that I agree with:

"Until the Titans actually win something, its unclear what Bud Adams is proving. Other than the obvious, which is money and class are often mutually exclusive or that even the richest man in Tennessee is still white trash. For goodness sakes, Bud, you beat the Bills."

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but that old coot doing that does piss me off. Giving the Bills the finger and complaining about them is a privilege that should be reserved to those who have an emotional attachment to them. I only say that half-jokingly. It's fine if you think the Bills deserve it, but it's not him who should be doing it. F that stupid old bastard.

Does this actually offend Bills fans?

Doesn't offend me nearly as much as that Junior Varsity offense the Bills roll out week after week.

As for Bud, what a spunky, old bastard...

To be old, filthy stinking rich and not give a !@#$.

The only reaction it gets out of me is complete confusion.

Bud Adams knows that the only team he ever had to even reach the Super Bowl did it by cheating and throwing a forward pass in a game they lost, but the refs gifted them a win. And even with that help from the refs right through the playoffs, they STILL lost the Super Bowl.

He knows in his heart he can never, ever live that down, and that he will never win a Super Bowl. All of those years of effort for nothing.

So he acts like a child. Good for him. :lol:

Wow $250,000!!!!

That's $125,000 a finger !!!!!

Plus he came all the way to Buffalo to do it apparently...

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/national/0...Bud-Adams-Fined

Got what he deserved. Goodell was in his box until the 3rd qtr then was in the stadium when this happened. (from Mortimus on sportscenter)

a quarter of a million dollars :lol::lol: as much as i hate the guy for disrespecting the bills.. that amount is absurd and excessive, imho. i bet it gets reduced on appeal. man, the commish doesn't take crap from nobody

I doubt it gets reduced. Some charity is getting a windfall.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ills-were-no-1/

Seriously, did the Bills pull a Joey Porter and talk smack this week I am unaware of? Wonder if he throat punched a handicapped kid on the way out and ran over some kittens in his limo.

I mean, I expect this from juiced up, over stimulated players, not 86-year old geriatrics.

Ralph needs to rocket a tennis ball down Bud Adams' throat!!!! :lol:

Got what he deserved. Goodell was in his box until the 3rd qtr then was in the stadium when this happened. (from Mortimus on sportscenter)

Agreed, Owners need to be leaders on sportsmanship. Flipping two birds by an owner is a lot more serious, IMO, than a player who's endured 3 hours of fan taunting and has a lot of adrenaline flowing doing the same thing.

Mort was saying that Goodell went to sit in the stands in the 4th Qtr to help in his quest to make stadiums more "family friendly". I'm sure part of this fine was him being pissed since that behavior is exactly what he is trying to root out... from an owner no less. Good for commish.

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but that old coot doing that does piss me off. Giving the Bills the finger and complaining about them is a privilege that should be reserved to those who have an emotional attachment to them. I only say that half-jokingly. It's fine if you think the Bills deserve it, but it's not him who should be doing it. F that stupid old bastard.

I agree with you!!! It just wasn't that they did it to the Bills but in the year they are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the AFL (which the NFL always considered second class) I found it very offensive.

a quarter of a million dollars :lol::bag: as much as i hate the guy for disrespecting the bills.. that amount is absurd and excessive, imho. i bet it gets reduced on appeal. man, the commish doesn't take crap from nobody

"I do realize that those types of things shouldn't happen," Adams said in a statement. "I need to specifically apologize to the Bills, their fans, our fans and the NFL. I obviously have a great deal of respect for Ralph Wilson and the history we have shared. I also understand there will probably be league discipline for my actions and I will accept those."

He already said he'd accept the consequences, so going back on his word would kinda make him an 'Indian-giver', no? :(

Ralph needs to rocket a tennis ball down Bud Adams' throat!!!! :(

Kornheiser said it best...two words...CAGE MATCH!!!

By the way, Bud Adams and every original AFL owner owes every nickel of their fanchise value to Ralph Wilson. That's gratitude.

PTR

Kornheiser said it best...two words...CAGE MATCH!!!

By the way, Bud Adams and every original AFL owner owes every nickel of their fanchise value to Ralph Wilson. That's gratitude.

PTR

As much as people hate on this guy, he did make it happen in Buffalo.