One Bills Live...Maddy Glab

LabattBlue

I like her.  She appears to at least ask intelligent questions as if she actually did some homework.  It’s a nice change from listening to all the old guys on the show who often times appear to be winging it.  I’m sure she is there to help bring in a younger audience.  
I agree that Chris Brown is the best of the lot.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Disagree. She’s a 5, to me. Decidedly average. And, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Nice girl, I’m sure though.

Reading your posts is like digging sand out of the crotch of my speedo. I gotta give you a 2, decidedly below average. You're a nice guy though, I'm sure. ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Meh I think she’s just filling in this week, if I’m not mistaken. She doesn’t have her own radio show. She’s just starting out, I’ve heard worse radio people. 

that’s right - she’s just a fill-in host and they have her on during the season for weekly guest spots. 

She’s very young; I know all of us were perfect at our jobs when we were starting out, but maybe everyone’s not that lucky. To me she always sounds prepared - she comes in with relevant stats and tries to explain them best she can. Meanwhile Murph and Tasker between them screw up at least half a dozen players’ names a day on that show.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Yea, she's really bad right now. Only way to get better at anything is with practice. A few months from now and she is still this bad, then she should be replaced, but this is the perfect time for someone in her position to get some reps.

I didnt want to say anything and she seems super sweet but she's not very good. If you watch the postgame show with Fred Jackson  its a hard watch. Hoping she gets comfortable and better at it

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah unfortunately I have to turn it off when she is on.    The combination of the faint voice AND heavy nasal makes it work to listen.    When she's on with Tasker who is constantly breathing into the mic and shifting the spit in his mouth it's just really bad.    A lot of people hate Schopp for his takes but the guy is really good as a broadcaster.  

as a postgame guy he's as bad as anyone Ive ever heard which for me is a lot, absolutely awful

Absolutely brutal.  Like Tasker brought his  middle school daughter to the office and put her on the mic.

This decision is beyond bizarre.   An unforced error.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

that’s right - she’s just a fill-in host and they have her on during the season for weekly guest spots. 

She’s very young; I know all of us were perfect at our jobs when we were starting out, but maybe everyone’s not that lucky. To me she always sounds prepared - she comes in with relevant stats and tries to explain them best she can. Meanwhile Murph and Tasker between them screw up at least half a dozen players’ names a day on that show.

Who else do you know who starts out at the top of your profession (in this case, a fairly frequent co-host on and NFL team radio show)?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Absolutely brutal.  Like Tasker brought his  middle school daughter to the office and put her on the mic.

This decision is beyond bizarre.   An unforced error.

Who else do you know who starts out at the top of your profession (in this case, a fairly frequent co-host on and NFL team radio show)?

good point. It doesn’t appear she had to grind covering HS or college sports for any significant period of time. Idk, so many of the local media here covering the Bills are so plainly mediocre to me I suppose Ms. Glab just kind of blends in with the rest of them. 

I can respect those who complain about her voice though. It’s unique.

Murph is useless.  Hate listening to him on the broadcast.  Hate listening to him on the show.

Tasker is truly unlistenable.  Hate myself when I tune in and he is on.  Doesn’t listen to what’s being said, just spews garbage that may or may not be on topic.

Maddy isn’t horrible, just doesn’t have depth of knowledge.  Has surface knowledge.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

good point. It doesn’t appear she had to grind covering HS or college sports for any significant period of time. Idk, so many of the local media here covering the Bills are so plainly mediocre to me I suppose Ms. Glab just kind of blends in with the rest of them. 

It's no just the voice.  There's no content.  After Tasker speaks, she says "yeah really!!".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

She covered University of Tennessee sports.  That's where left to come to Buff.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

good point. It doesn’t appear she had to grind covering HS or college sports for any significant period of time.

It took me google and 2.3 seconds to turn up this:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/meet-maddy-glab-the-new-bills-reporter

I spent the last four years working for the University of Tennessee as their On-Air Talent/Multi-Media Producer (....) At Tennessee, I was the sideline reporter during football games for the University's official radio station as well as the sideline reporter for SEC Network digital games for several men's/women's basketball and volleyball games. I appeared on-camera for player interviews and different social media segments. In addition, I also produced feature stories for the football and men's basketball coaches shows. 

I don't know what you call "grind" or "any significant period of time" but 4 years OTJ experience seems significant to me...I mean, we're ready to throw top draft picks in the trash if they aren't lighting the league (and our hair) on fire after 2. 

She may have had a couple other years of experience beyond that - again a google search after looking at her Facebook profile showed she's ~28 yrs old.

I hope this means you don't consider anyone with less than a decade covering college sports to have put in significant time, vs Yet Another Let's Dismiss the Girl as Unqualified Before We Look At Her Actual Experience schtick

• Like (+1) 4