One Bills Live...Maddy Glab

LabattBlue

1 hour ago, chongli said:

LOL. Maddy admits she committed fraud in college:

https://madglab.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/true-life-im-50

"It kind of sucks seeing the world from a low level, but being short definitely has its ups. I still pass as a child anywhere, so I always pay child prices. A year ago when I was in Colorado snowboarding, I passed as a child with my puffy winter jacket and snow pants. The lift ticket was $40 cheaper, completely worth the deal."

Here are more pics of how short she is:

D_M-nSQXsAAzXgm.jpg

29163_394731303726_744148726_4179195_632

Is that Josh Allen's younger brother in the last pic?

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

How do you feel about NFL teams hiring female coaches?  ?

It might sound counterintuitive, but I have no objection to that. I'm not in the locker room or on the practice field, so I can't really judge if they have the competence to coach well. But as a sports fan who's listened to or watched countless hours of sports on the radio and tv for over 50 years, I feel I can judge if someone has what it takes to be a good broadcaster or reporter.

On 1/31/2020 at 12:56 PM, LabattBlue said:

This is the best the Pegula’s could do.  I feel like I’m listening to a 8 year old girl hosting the show. 

lol

I don’t like listening to her either.  What annoyed w is that on Friday they had on Sam Monson of PFF....you know the site that has been notoriously hard on the Bills and Josh Allen all season.

Not one question all interview about the Bills or Josh Allen.  Just SB talk.  I thought that was a crappy vanilla interview.  Tasker is to blame probably more than Maddy

On 1/31/2020 at 10:24 PM, JoPoy88 said:

i did not know this (obviously) and again i was attempting to defend the girl from all this vitriol she inevitably gets whenever she’s on the air for more than 5 minutes. Maybe take a look at the guy (it’s always a guy) posting a complaint thread about maddy glab every time he hears her and it offends his football ears.

you realize what i highlighted above are exactly how these posters feel about her. 

I don’t like her because she’s not good at her job.....and her job directly affects something I enjoy......nothing to do with what you highlighted 

On 1/31/2020 at 10:41 PM, JoPoy88 said:

they are being harsh and it’s sad but what can you expect from around here? Have you seen the posts when Mowins calls a game?

Have you actually listened to Mowins call a game?  You think she’s good?  

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t like her because she’s not good at her job.....and her job directly affects something I enjoy......nothing to do with what you highlighted 

It's totally fair to have personal likes or dislikes of broadcasters, but as we can see up thread there are legit still people around who dislike broad categories, like object to wimmins.

A lot of Maddy Glad's job is the social media/fluff stuff on buffalobils.com and as far as I can tell she does a perfectly fine job there.  Maybe that was the heart of her former job and she's new to the radio show aspect and will grow into it.

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Have you actually listened to Mowins call a game?  You think she’s good?  

I don't think she's particularly good, but then I don't think most play by play guys are particularly good, including a bunch who get frequent games.

I personally love me some Romo, but even he has been tamed and dialed back to the point where he's not that distinguishable from others.  And I know there are folks who dislike him, too.

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's totally fair to have personal likes or dislikes of broadcasters, but as we can see up thread there are legit still people around who dislike broad categories, like object to wimmins.

A lot of Maddy Glad's job is the social media/fluff stuff on buffalobils.com and as far as I can tell she does a perfectly fine job there.  Maybe that was the heart of her former job and she's new to the radio show aspect and will grow into it.

I don't think she's particularly good, but then I don't think most play by play guys are particularly good, including a bunch who get frequent games.

I personally love me some Romo, but even he has been tamed and dialed back to the point where he's not that distinguishable from others.  And I know there are folks who dislike him, too.

I read the thread and I saw waaaaaaaaay more people saying that they don’t like her because of her voice than because she’s a woman.  Meanwhile, I was replying to a poster saying that we don’t like her because she’s a blonde bimbo.  That didn’t make any sense to me and seemed like he’s just throwing **** on the wall to see if it sticks.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I read the thread and I saw waaaaaaaaay more people saying that they don’t like her because of her voice than because she’s a woman.  Meanwhile, I was replying to a poster saying that we don’t like her because she’s a blonde bimbo.  That didn’t make any sense to me and seemed like he’s just throwing **** on the wall to see if it sticks.  

Yeah, but (without inviting thread creep) that's a bit harder to separate out.  I mean, she has a woman's voice.  Is there really something about her voice that's more objectionable than other women?  (I don't find it so, but I'm open to the idea that for some, the answer is genuinely "yes")

Female sports media i think are good: Maria Taylor, Erin Andrews, Sam ponder, Laura Rutledge (really knowledgeable), Amy Lawrence, Doris Burke, Hannah storm, Michelle Tafoya, Suzy kolber, Rachel Nichols, cari champion, Jackie McMullen, Ramona shelbourne, Kay Adams 

ones who annoy me, nothing to do with being female: Mina Kimes, Sarah Spain, Katie Nolan, jemele hill, heather dinich, Charlotte wilder, Mary Kay Cabot 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but (without inviting thread creep) that's a bit harder to separate out.  I mean, she has a woman's voice.  Is there really something about her voice that's more objectionable than other women?  (I don't find it so, but I'm open to the idea that for some, the answer is genuinely "yes")

That’s like saying every man has a mans voice.  some voices are made for Tv.  Some are not

She has a nasally voice with an unpleasant tone.....which many have pointed out. 

The biggest problem is she just is not knowledgeable at all about football.  Some of the stuff she says you could get that same analysis from a 5th grader.  The problem is she is getting paid to do this job.  I tuned in briefly to WGR this week when she was filling in and one of her commentaries was and I paraphrase but this is pretty close to that exact quote "The players who made it to the Super Bowl are going to skip out of playing in the Pro Bowl this year and you can't blame them for wanting to do that" and it wasn't being said tongue in cheek either, she was being 100% serious when she made that comment.  Once again some of the stuff she says is generic football commentary that you could pay a 5th grader to comment on.

29 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

The biggest problem is she just is not knowledgeable at all about football.  Some of the stuff she says you could get that same analysis from a 5th grader.  The problem is she is getting paid to do this job.  I tuned in briefly to WGR this week when she was filling in and one of her commentaries was and I paraphrase but this is pretty close to that exact quote "The players who made it to the Super Bowl are going to skip out of playing in the Pro Bowl this year and you can't blame them for wanting to do that" and it wasn't being said tongue in cheek either, she was being 100% serious when she made that comment.  Once again some of the stuff she says is generic football commentary that you could pay a 5th grader to comment on.

You sure she wasn’t just explaining the concept to Tasker? ?

On 1/31/2020 at 10:47 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here ya go

image.png.b0be2cc9989f0dba4a9525350b0fcdd4.png

I get it that OLmen are Large Human Beings, but she looks tiny

image.thumb.png.0854a40c950284765b528762092aa6ef.png

I pictured her as Flo from progressive.  I really don't mind her but Murphy/Tasker are average at best.