If the Bills leave one day for another city

major

If the Bills leave Buffalo one day (which I hope NEVER happens), which NFL team will you support? Would you follow them to another NFL city or give your allegiance to anohter team? If so, which one?

I feel that most will give up on the NFL all together if the Bills leave BLO; however, I wonder what will happen to the rest of Bills nation.

I remember the pain that Browns fans felt when their teams left. I hope we don't have to go through that in a few years.

I would never watch nfl again!!
I would, but i would be holding out hope for a UFL expansion team!...ahhh I can see them now,................................. your Buffalo HotWings, with their awful purple and green uni's....Theres 32 teams in the NFL and i hate 31 of them, so i would probably follow the Bills wherever they went until the sentiment wore off.

If the Bills leave Buffalo one day (which I hope NEVER happens), which NFL team will you support? Would you follow them to another NFL city or give your allegiance to anohter team? If so, which one?

I feel that most will give up on the NFL all together if the Bills leave BLO; however, I wonder what will happen to the rest of Bills nation.

I remember the pain that Browns fans felt when their teams left. I hope we don't have to go through that in a few years.

none....although id probably hate the browns the least

I would follow the Toronto Bills, or if the bills went further, I would support the Toronto Argos and become a cfl, 3-down guy..

It would be like when the Braves left. I never followed the NBA again. I would hope 90% of Bills fans would feel the same way because otherwise why should the NFL worry about leaving Buffalo if the fans will still stupidly follow the league that screwed them and our city big time.

More and more, in this tough economy I'm starting to think the NFL will try not to leave Buffalo because it would cause a negative backlash against the league that would spread to other cities. The NFL has to keep up good PR because being the most powerful league it could fall a long way and lose tremendous financial value if its popularity started to wane. The Belicheat* scandal already was a big black eye to league, even though they and their media suck ups (and there is no media that sucks up to its league like the non-local media that covers the NFL) try to make it seem like it never happened.

But on another note, funny as this sounds, if the NFL left guess what would make the most sense for Buffalo? No not the UFL (that will probably never be a serious league) but the CFL. Buffalo would be in close proximity to other teams in the league and the weather in Buffalo would fit the CFL schedule well. And even though Canada seems somewhat alien to people in Buffalo it is a lot less alien to Buffalo locals than it is to most Americans, trust me.

I would support no team, and would begin every day with a fervent prayer to Cthulu that the entire NFL be swallowed up by a huge sulphurous bubbling lava crater in which every person connected to the league would be roasted for eternity while being jabbed by pitchforks and coated with salt, their screams drowned out by a constant reptition of John Madden clichés and idiotic ESPN anchorfools shouting "jacked up!."

I would also probably not watch any games on TV. :rolleyes:

Well, I have issues with the NFL as it is now.

1) Too expensive. Sunday Ticket is way overpriced

2)Product is getting difficult to watch. Game is slowed to a crawl now by never ending TV timeouts, mind numbing instant replay reviews.

3)Watered down league. Too much player movement.

4)Jerk off players and agents getting way too much for guys who haven't even played a down yet. Driving the price of everything way too high.

If the Bills moved I would be heartbroken, resentful. With no emotional attachment to any team it wouldn't be hard for me to ignore the NFL. I may be a casual Niner fan thats about it.

With no cash outlay for Sunday Ticket I may be able to go to a couple extra Shark games. Maybe get back into baseball again. Another sport that I abandoned after the strike in the 90s

Since I Live in Daytona Beach.......................

I would have to switch to the NFC and follow the Buccaneers.

Attachment to the Bills in another city wouldn't work unless it was Orlando.

First off let me state I almost didn't respond to this post because I don't really want to think about the Bills leaving western NY. While I have virtually no way to make a living in my profession in western NY, the Bills still tie me to the region. I still get homesick when I see those overhead shots of the fall. I still get butterflies in my stomach when I see the shots of the tailgaters. Nothing gets me amped up like opening kickoff of a Bills game! They are the team I've been rooting for for almost 25 years now. However, it is a sad reality that they could move and I really started to think about what I would do or who I would root for.

I came to the conclusion that I don't know that I could pick another team. The passion I hold for the Bills would probably shift to an NCAA Division I team here in Florida. Most likely University of Florida, as that is where I will likely be getting my next degree. If you've ever been to the greatest cocktail party on earth, where Florida plays Georgia in Jacksonville, or a game up in Gainesville, you see an atmosphere that rivals that of any pro game I've been to and I've been to games in every stadium in the AFC east, as well as Jax, Tampa, and Philly. Also, while some players are playing for NFL contracts, in the NCAA most play because they love the game and it shows! The majority of the players give every effort every play because if they want to keep playing at that level or the next, they have to. There seem to be more suspensions, or even outright removal of scholarships for athletes that get in trouble with the law, though some programs are more lax than others. There also seem to be many games where a team of superior talent and skill gets beaten by a team that has players with heart. I never got into college football when I lived in NY because we had no teams and I didn't get it. Sure I followed the Orange because that is all we had but down here college football is like a religion.

Granted comparing a Bills / Jags game to the FL/GA game is unfair because Jags have no real support, but when you go to Alltel stadium for FL/GA you can't even get close to the stadium despite having roughly the same amount of parking as the Ralph. The are satellite lots all over the city that you have to be bussed in from and the sidewalks are packed for what seems like miles around the stadium. Thousands of people come that will never get into the game and simply crowd "the Landing" and other areas surrounding the stadium to watch the game together on big screens and bars. When you go to a Bills / Jags, or Indy / Jags game for that matter, you can pretty much show up at the last minute, the crowds barely fill the parking lot, and there is nowhere near the passion

On the other hand, as I may find myself having to move to LA for work, I may be able to deal with the Bills there. I don't know. To actually be able to watch them without shelling out insane amounts of cheese for the airfare and accommodations, the NFL ticket, or the big tabs that result from watching the game at sports bars would be a nice change of pace from the last ten years. If they went anywhere else and I stay put here in Florida I would not root for them.

I wouldn't support the NFL any more. It would be my protest against the idea of "franchise free agency." The phenomenon of franchise free agency killed the NHL, and will cost the NFL one more paying fan if the Bills move. A meaningless protest in the scheme of things, I know, but you did ask.

i wouldnt be able to bring myself to actually give a sh*t about another team. rooting for a team is one thing, but its impossible to just recreate the unexplainable obsession i have for the Bills. If i rooted for another team and they lost a game, im sure it wouldnt bother me at all, whereas a bills loss ruins my whole week and has me questioning my purpose on this planet. so in other words, its impossible for me to become a fan of another team, my heart would be left to wander the earth without a purpose

I guess I'd be a "free agent fan" I can't say I'd give up the NFL all together, but I think I'd root for whichever team caught my interest from year to year. As a previous poster said ..... the Bills are my tie back to my home town, and I refuse to miss one single play. Without the Bills, I'd watch who ever and when ever the spirit moved me when I didn't have something better to do.

Yup. Same here.

Doesn't it seem like we get this thread once a month, or so?

Indeed it does.

I cannot imagine that any other fan boards actually discuss this possibility. Is that just a sign of how insecure we are as Bills fans, or of our sense of how the league handles small markets?

NFL would be done as far as Im concerned. I would probably get my fill with NCAA and choose a program to follow closely.

If I had to choose a different NFL team in the absence of the Bills, it would be Cleveland.... Even if the Bills moved to Toronto

Indeed it does.

I cannot imagine that any other fan boards actually discuss this possibility. Is that just a sign of how insecure we are as Bills fans, or of our sense of how the league handles small markets?

WE ARE INSECURE. I've never met fans of any other NFL team that even think about losing their team. Maybe Jacksonville but I don't know any Jag fans. But we probably should be insecure and Goodell and other bigwigs haven't exactly given a ringing endorsement that the Bills will stay after Wilson. The attitude is Buffalo has to continue to prove they can support the team. But Buffalo fans epitomize what is good and honorable about the NFL--rabid fans who support their team with the enthusiasm of a southern college town. By the same token NE* epitomizes what is bad and disgusting about the NFL--a cheataholic head coach who the commissioner sucks up to like he was Vince Lombardi.

Bottom line: the NFL may have more to lose by the Bills moving than they realize. Bills moving may signal the beginning of the decline of the respect the NFL has in the sports world at this time. What Goodell should be saying is the NFL will do everything in its power to keep the Bills in Buffalo, such as extend low cost loans to the new owners, etc. Low cost loans like the NFL gave the Giants/Jets to build their new stadium which Wilson rightly complained about.

WE ARE INSECURE. I've never met fans of any other NFL team that even think about losing their team. Maybe Jacksonville but I don't know any Jag fans. But we probably should be insecure and Goodell and other bigwigs haven't exactly given a ringing endorsement that the Bills will stay after Wilson. The attitude is Buffalo has to continue to prove they can support the team. But Buffalo fans epitomize what is good and honorable about the NFL--rabid fans who support their team with the enthusiasm of a southern college town. By the same token NE* epitomizes what is bad and disgusting about the NFL--a cheataholic head coach who the commissioner sucks up to like he was Vince Lombardi.

Bottom line: the NFL may have more to lose by the Bills moving than they realize. Bills moving may signal the beginning of the decline of the respect the NFL has in the sports world at this time. What Goodell should be saying is the NFL will do everything in its power to keep the Bills in Buffalo, such as extend low cost loans to the new owners, etc. Low cost loans like the NFL gave the Giants/Jets to build their new stadium which Wilson rightly complained about.

When the Colts left Baltimore, did the League fold? How about the Browns? The Rams? The Raiders (twice)?

Do you really think fans of other teams would view the league differently if the next owner of the Bills moved the team?

The "low cost loans" were availble to Ralph for years. He never complained about them.

There is only one person who is responsible for the fate of the Bills in Buffalo at this time. His name is Ralph Wilson.

Why don't you ask him what his intent is for his great legacy after he dies. What plans has he made to help keep the team here?

He'll tell you---"none".

If I had to pick a team, it would be the Skins. Bruce Smith played there, Fletcher played there, and they are pretty much the exact opposite of the Bills when you talk about off season philosophys. The off season would at least be much more inspiring.