Ten "worst" films ever

WWVaBeach

LOL -- there ya go.

For me, those guys are all classic 'SNL' type actors -- they can be funny for 3-4 minutes but the act gets very tired very quickly. For instance, Carrell was a kinda funny in Bruce Almighty (but even Morgan Freeman and a Buffalo setting couldn't save that movie from Jim Carey), but I thought the sequel with Carrell starring was pretty mediocre.

And Carrell was good in Get Smart...but with Alan Arkin and Anne Hathaway. Which is the ley to Carrell: he can't star. He's great comic relief, but needs actors with some weight surrounding him to make him watchable.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Carrell was good in Get Smart...but with Alan Arkin and Anne Hathaway. Which is the ley to Carrell: he can't star. He's great comic relief, but needs actors with some weight surrounding him to make him watchable.

He's like Will Ferrell in that regard.

He's like Will Ferrell in that regard.

No, Ferrell just sucks. Wedding Crashers is one damn funny movie...right up until the time Ferrell starts yelling about meatloaf. The only movie I've ever even come close to liking with Ferrell in it was The Producers...and even then, he was intolerable.

I thought he was good in the 40 Year Old Virgin. It probably has something to do with him being the straight act in that one.

No, Ferrell just sucks. Wedding Crashers is one damn funny movie...right up until the time Ferrell starts yelling about meatloaf. The only movie I've ever even come close to liking with Ferrell in it was The Producers...and even then, he was intolerable.

I think that's a bit harsh. I hate Ferrell more than anyone I know and I still think Step Brothers, Old School, and Jay and Silent Bob (all movies in which he played a supporting role) are pretty good. The problem is he's always a two dimentional charicature of a charicature which is hard to base a decent movie around, but tends to appeal to those who fall below the median on the IQ spectrum.

I'm a big Woody Allen fan. There are probably 20 movies of his that I've seen multiple times. However, Celebrity is so bad that, while you're watching it, it makes the very notion of entertainment or artistic expression seem impossible.

Not only does it make you hate the movie you’re watching, but it makes you never want to watch ANY movie ever again.

Kenneth Branagh runs around trying to play the familiar neurotic Woody character and it’s just painful. It’s boring and pompous and empty and it goes on forever.

not sure how you define "major" motion picture... Blair Witch Project was the most sorry excuse for a box office hit IMO. it was simply the stupidest movie I have ever seen ... bad enough that I should have had the ticket taker arrested for theft of my money.

I'm with you. I'd add Open Water to that as well.

I'm with you. I'd add Open Water to that as well.

Wow, I liked Open Water...and Blair Witch...both movies, IMO, were pretty masterful at creating a very uncomfortable and eerie vibe...I suppose I am the only one who liked the last episode of "The Sopranos" as well... :P

Maybe it wouldn't be considered a major motion picture but I am still surprised no one has mentioned Troll 2.

I always thought it was the universal standard for a terrible film. 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

For very recent though I thought Avatar was pretty terrible. Cool visuals wore off after about 15 minutes and after that it was a lot of predictable and boring Hollywood movie cliches. One of the few times in my life I fell asleep in the movies too.

any remake of a previous movie, tv show, or video game, and any sequel other then Godfather II, the Bourne, and Bond (guilty pleasures) movies. Hollywood has been putting out unoriginal, contrived, banal, crap for sometime. There has not been a compelling movie for me to want to see in a long time. Give me a book any time over that **** anytime

any remake of a previous movie, tv show, or video game, and any sequel other then Godfather II, the Bourne, and Bond (guilty pleasures) movies. Hollywood has been putting out unoriginal, contrived, banal, crap for sometime. There has not been a compelling movie for me to want to see in a long time. Give me a book any time over that **** anytime

Did you not like Aliens?

Did you not like Aliens?

I have never seen it. I don't watch TV (besides sports and PBS) and I watch almost exclusively documentaries and biographies on Netflix. TV and unoriginal crap movies bore me and I get nothing from them