Ten "worst" films ever

WWVaBeach

Finally got around to seeing Stone's "Alexander" and good grief was that bad. I mean nails on chalkboard bad. Like a poorly acted grade school play. If you would have told me a movie was so bad even a full front sex scene from Rosario Dawson couldn't save it, I would have told you no way. But it's true! Stone (who's done some good stuff and I like interviews), nonetheless made a fool of himself saying critics panned it due to "homophobia". Seriously? You can probably find plenty of critics who putt from the rough too. And how would he explain the acclaim for Brokeback Mountain? C'mon man, man up and admit it: that was one ghastly waste of a film.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure how you define "major" motion picture... Blair Witch Project was the most sorry excuse for a box office hit IMO. it was simply the stupidest movie I have ever seen ... bad enough that I should have had the ticket taker arrested for theft of my money.

Finally got around to seeing Stone's "Alexander" and good grief was that bad. I mean nails on chalkboard bad. Like a poorly acted grade school play. If you would have told me a movie was so bad even a full front sex scene from Rosario Dawson couldn't save it, I would have told you no way. But it's true! Stone (who's done some good stuff and I like interviews), nonetheless made a fool of himself saying critics panned it due to "homophobia". Seriously? You can probably find plenty of critics who putt from the rough too. And how would he explain the acclaim for Brokeback Mountain? C'mon man, man up and admit it: that was one ghastly waste of a film.

I didn't see it so I can't comment. Was it any good?

not sure how you define "major" motion picture... Blair Witch Project was the most sorry excuse for a box office hit IMO. it was simply the stupidest movie I have ever seen ... bad enough that I should have had the ticket taker arrested for theft of my money.

I'm not into movies enough to know how to strictly categorize major but id say anything with Colin farrell, Angelina Jolie and Rosario Dawson fits the bill. Blairwitch was like godfather 1 and 2 compared to Alexander.

I'm not into movies enough to know how to strictly categorize major but id say anything with Colin farrell, Angelina Jolie and Rosario Dawson fits the bill. Blairwitch was like godfather 1 and 2 compared to Alexander.

Is Alexander the life story of the dude that plays George Costanza? Because I could see how that might be boring.

Wait, what?! :blink::w00t:

And youve seen Alexander?

Don't need to. You said "full front sex scene from Rosario Dawson" which automatically makes it nowhere near the worst motion picture of all time.

Cable Guy. One of the few movies I've ever turned off in the middle.

However, just when I had given up on Jim Carrey, he starred in The Majestic and totally redeemed himself.

Strange. I like Cable Guy. And I thought The Majestic was terrible.

Anyway, all these are worse...

Weekend at Bernies 2

Purple Rain

Any of the Big Momma's House franchise

Independence Day

Gone in 60 Seconds

Dreamcatcher

Oh God, yes!

I thought about suggesting this one, but I didn't know if it counted as "major." Anyway, it really truly is awful. I actually saw it in the theatre (who knows why) and I left just amazed that that was allowed to be released. Just a ridiculous mess.

Don't need to. You said "full front sex scene from Rosario Dawson" which automatically makes it nowhere near the worst motion picture of all time.

It was. That's what in telling you as damning evidence this was overall the worst by a mile. Getting RD to give it up 1st time on film should have made for enternal bragging rights, instead the thing flopped.

In my opinion, Oliver Stone is greatly overrated as a director. Platoon is heavy hitting, and Born on the 4th of July is a movie that gets overlooked, and while Any Given Sunday is over-the-top it is entertaining.

I just find most of his movies to be uninteresting. JFK & Nixon are average, Natural Born Killers is stupid, W. is atrocious, the only good thing about The Doors is Val Kilmer, and Alexander is just not good.

It was. That's what in telling you as damning evidence this was overall the worst by a mile. Getting RD to give it up 1st time on film should have made for enternal bragging rights, instead the thing flopped.

You tell me which movie you want to watch:

A teenage girl riding a horse is hit by a truck. To help heal her troubled/injured daughter, and horse, the mother takes them to Montana to recuperate at the ranch of a 'horse whisperer', a horse healer of mystical talents. The mother proceeds to fall in love with him, as well.

or:

Alexander, the King of Macedonia and one of the greatest military leaders in the history of warfare, conquers much of the known world..

Watch Horse Whisper this weekend, and then let us know what you think. It's mindlessly boring and stupid WITHOUT RD in it. :P