Ten "worst" films ever

WWVaBeach

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda liked Con Air. Sure it was an awful script with a horrible plot and terrible lead actor.

But John Malkovich can make just about any movie entertaining

Is that the one where the plane lands on the Vegas strip at the end? If so then yeah it sucked.

I happen to think that the original "Blair Witch Project" was a pretty great film. I am not a big horror buff (most of them suck ass), but I like a good movie, no matter the genre. I think BWP is unfairly being criticized now, because it spawned so many bad imitations...put it in its' time (1997 I think) it was pretty innovative...

I will say that the worst movie I have ever paid money to see was "Fools Gold" with the horrible Matthew McConohey (sp?)

In fact, I will say every movie I have ever seen him in has been really awful (save "Dazed & Confused", and I didn't loathe "The Newton Boys"). There was nothing good about this movie. I am amazed that it made it to the celluloid at all...my girlfriend wanted to see it... I could stomach "Sex & the City", but this was absolute crap....

Whew! I thought I was the only one here who liked Blair Witch Project.

I happen to think that the original "Blair Witch Project" was a pretty great film. I am not a big horror buff (most of them suck ass), but I like a good movie, no matter the genre. I think BWP is unfairly being criticized now, because it spawned so many bad imitations...put it in its' time (1997 I think) it was pretty innovative...

I will say that the worst movie I have ever paid money to see was "Fools Gold" with the horrible Matthew McConohey (sp?)

In fact, I will say every movie I have ever seen him in has been really awful (save "Dazed & Confused", and I didn't loathe "The Newton Boys"). There was nothing good about this movie. I am amazed that it made it to the celluloid at all...my girlfriend wanted to see it... I could stomach "Sex & the City", but this was absolute crap....

Whew, you're lucky. I was about you castrate you.

Worst movies in recent memory:

The Weatherman - Nic Cage

Burn after Reading - this may possibly be the worst movie ever created based on its infinitesimally small entertainment/star power ratio.

Burn After Reading is a brilliant film, imo. A lot of people hate it though.

My least favorite movies:

- I despised Troy for butchering the material.

- Waterworld is terrible (The Postman I think is viewed as so bad mainly because of the existence of the movie Waterworld);

- Star Wars Episode II was so terrible that I felt the only honorable thing George Lucas could do after it was commit harakiri before he inflicted any more horror upon mankind.

- Beverly Hills Ninja, terrible.

- Sex in the City - made me wish we we were a country of collectivist farmers without personal property.

To whoever put Baseketball on the list :doh: That movie was not great but not bottom 10 all time.

No it wasn't end of story, Justn... my opinion is right, yours sucks. :doh:

"The NFL Presents: The Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Highlights"

Does that qualify as a film or a "snippet?"

"nother one I thought of: Beverly Hills Cop 3

(which then reminded me of Meet Dave, Vampire in Brooklyn, Holy Man, Daddy Day Care and of course no list would be complete without Eddie's crowning achievement Best Defense.)

Before "Manos: The Hands Of Fate" was shown on MST3K, Dr. Forrester apologized for showing it.

True Stories written, directed, and starring David Byrne of the Talking Heads was awful. Watched about 5 minutes, fast forwarded to the "Wild Wild Life" Song, and then took it right back to the video store.

I kinda liked Con Air. Sure it was an awful script with a horrible plot and terrible lead actor.

But John Malkovich can make just about any movie entertaining

And Steve Buscemi. "He's got the whole world, in his hands..." That still cracks me up. :flirt:

The latest Indiana Jones, Crystal Skull whatever, was pretty effin bad.

Though it's nice to know I can survive a nuclear war by getting in my fridge... :flirt:

Dude, it's been common knowledge since Nostradamus wrote about it. :flirt:

"When the bright sun flashes those who hide in the cooler climes shall survive the intense heat and survive the great blast of fire."- Nostradamus

Ishtar was so bad it was very funny at times, IMO. I think it was a lot more underrated as entertainment than overrated. I laughed a lot at it.

It is a lot better than it's given credit for.

I don't remember the whole movie. I just remember it was bad everything, bad acting. And I remember hearing it was on an all time list of bad movies.

Plan 9 definitely resides in the so bad it's great file and may even be at the top of that list.

Here we go w/ this topic again. I'll stick by my usuals here:

Batman and Robin

Nothing But Trouble

Snow Falling On Cedars

The Talented Mr Ripley

these are some of the worst atrocities disguised as films I've ever seen.