Ten "worst" films ever

WWVaBeach

Funny that this thread pops up today. I just watched Plan 9 from Outer Space last night. It's labeled as "the worst movie ever made", however, I've seen worse. For instance, Here on Earth, "staring" Leelee Sobieski and Chris Klein. A far, far, far worse picture than Plan 9.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"brown bunny" (from Buffalo's own Vincent Gallo) I think was labelled worst ever by Roger ebert. I actually liked it. Didnt need the Chloe sevigny felatio scene to redeem it. Didnt hurt either.

But the movie was pretty low budget and probably doesnt count as major

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I guess I am the only one who thought the first Blair Witch Project was a very good film...sure it had a gimmick that has been copied/imitated to death, but when it came out (I saw it the first weekend) I think it was pretty highly regarded by most...it was a pretty scary flick, without being "scary" at all.

I recently saw "Burlesque"...I am not sure if it is the worst movie I have ever seen, but definitely the worst thing I have seen recently...it was not bad enough to be good (Showgirls set the modern standard here), but just bad enough to be truly awful.

WHEW! I thought I was the only one on this board that liked The Blair Witch Project. I find myself having to defend that movie all the time.

At the same time I would not qualify Blair Witch as a major motion picture, because of it's small studio status and budget. It is definitely an independent film.

I gotta go with Waterworld (sorry to whoever said they liked it), I thought it was terrible.

Here's a list according to imdb.com

http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

I've seen one movie on that entire list (Leonard Part 6... come on, I was a dumb kid). Knowing my tastes, I was expecting a lot more than that.

Edited by shrader

In my opinion, Oliver Stone is greatly overrated as a director. Platoon is heavy hitting, and Born on the 4th of July is a movie that gets overlooked, and while Any Given Sunday is over-the-top it is entertaining.

I just find most of his movies to be uninteresting. JFK & Nixon are average, Natural Born Killers is stupid, W. is atrocious, the only good thing about The Doors is Val Kilmer, and Alexander is just not good.

Good post; I agree with all of this (except JFK which for some reason still sucks me in even though I don't buy into the conspiracy crap. I just thought it was really well done and had a super cast).

Worst movie ever? Tie between anything starting WIll Ferrel or Jim Carey. Sometimes I think rich Hollywood producers make Duke brothers-like bets to see which one can make the stupidest movie and still have it sell tickets.

Benjamin Buttons

Battlefield Earth (to be fair, I knew the background and was hostile to it before seeing it)

Alexander, the King of Macedonia and one of the greatest military leaders in the history of warfare, conquers much of the known world..

Alexander the movie = not that good

Alexander the Great = :worthy:. Dude conquored the known world by age 30, and then he kept going

Edited by /dev/null

Worst movie ever? Tie between anything starting WIll Ferrel or Jim Carey. Sometimes I think rich Hollywood producers make Duke brothers-like bets to see which one can make the stupidest movie and still have it sell tickets.

Dumb and Dumber and Anchorman are among the best comedies ever made.

The absolute worst major studio release might well be Batman & Robin. Between Arnold's cheesy one-liners, Uma Thurman's contrived performace in what's possibly the most overacted character in the history of cinema (possibly 2nd to Al Pacino in Devil's Advocate),and George Clooney's homosexual portrayal of Batman (Robin was manlier), the acting alone was enough to put this high in the running for worst of all time. Add to that a dull story-line, overly cartoonish set, and I was as hot for Alicia Silverstone in Clueless as anyone, but Bat Girl? Really? :thumbdown:

Edited by Rob's House

Dumb and Dumber and Anchorman are among the best comedies ever made.

I like you gringo, but you have horrible taste in comedies. :P

Anchorman is one of the maybe five movie ever that I've shut off half way through because it was so bad.

p.s. I forgot to include anything starring Steve Carrell.

Benjamin Buttons

Battlefield Earth (to be fair, I knew the background and was hostile to it before seeing it)

Alexander the movie = not that good

Alexander the Great = :worthy:. Dude conquored the known world by age 30, and then he kept going died.

:rolleyes:

I like you gringo, but you have horrible taste in comedies. :P

Anchorman is one of the maybe five movie ever that I've shut off half way through because it was so bad.

p.s. I forgot to include anything starring Steve Carrell.

KD I am with you on the carey flicks..hate each and every one of his comedies.

In terms of Steve Carrell, i thought Evan Almighty was pretty good, especially when you need a move to watch with a 7 and 9 year old

I guess I am the only one who thought the first Blair Witch Project was a very good film...sure it had a gimmick that has been copied/imitated to death, but when it came out (I saw it the first weekend) I think it was pretty highly regarded by most...it was a pretty scary flick, without being "scary" at all.

I recently saw "Burlesque"...I am not sure if it is the worst movie I have ever seen, but definitely the worst thing I have seen recently...it was not bad enough to be good (Showgirls set the modern standard here), but just bad enough to be truly awful.

I guess we have to agree to disagree on Blair Witch

I am, however, in total agreement with the rest of your points.

KD I am with you on the carey flicks..hate each and every one of his comedies.

In terms of Steve Carrell, i thought Evan Almighty was pretty good, especially when you need a move to watch with a 7 and 9 year old

LOL -- there ya go.

For me, those guys are all classic 'SNL' type actors -- they can be funny in a 4 minute skit but the act gets very tired very quickly. For instance, Carrell was a kinda funny in Bruce Almighty (but even Morgan Freeman and a Buffalo setting couldn't save that movie from Jim Carey), but I thought the sequel with Carrell starring was pretty mediocre.

Edited by KD in CT