Ten "worst" films ever

WWVaBeach

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never forget one review for this movie I read that claimed the pool sex scene was "like an out-take from JAWS". If you've seen the movie, then you get it. :thumbsup:

There was a scathing review of that movie in the Buffalo News's "Gusto" insert when it went to video, that described it as Elizabeth Berkeley doing an impression of an outboard motor.

Horrible !@#$ing movie, but the funniest review I have ever read. I wish I could find it again.

The list

I personally like Demi in Striptease :thumbsup:

Can you think of others that should be on this list?

Here's another one....a recent one....

Timecrimes.

Hands down, worlds worst time travel movie ever. Hispanic actors, badly overdubbed in English. I wanted to personally maim all 3 Hectors by the end of this so-called movie. Nice boob shots, though. Can I say "boob"?

Worst movies in recent memory:

The Weatherman - Nic Cage

Burn after Reading - this may possibly be the worst movie ever created based on its infinitesimally small entertainment/star power ratio.

Oh and anything with Nicolas Cage...... :thumbsup:

Totally agree, I'll throw out a few others.

Recently - "Wanted" - horrible, I only made it 15 minutes in and then shut it off

Older - "Belly" Starring DMX I think, pretty awful.

Striptease, by no means a good film, wasn't so bad that it should have made that list - it at least had a plot, and a good performance by Burt Reynolds. Waterworld, too...not that horrible a film (though again, not good), just well-known for production disasters and cost overruns.

I can't even begin to understand why Don't Mess With The Zohan isn't on there. Easily the worst movie I've ever seen half of. Ishtar should have made it, too. And I'd have put March of the !@#$ing Penguins (a/k/a I Can't Believe I Paid Money To Watch A National Geographic Special) on there...but that's just me.

Zohan was a pathetic movie. Gotta be on anyone's worst film list.

Ishtar was pretty bad as well

Gotta admit Showgirls had nice flesh, but it was pathetic.

Of the ten I thought waterworld wasn't all that bad (not a good movie...but not in the ten worst category.) and I thought Basic Instinct was actually pretty good.

Anything with Adam Sandler or Tom Green.

Everything directed by Uwe Boll & Oliver Stone(the most overrated director of all time).

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Juno

Alien:Resurrection

Pretty Woman

Congo

Point Break

Jaws 3-D

Jaws: The Revenge

Cannonball Run 2

Major Payne

Totally agree, I'll throw out a few others.

Recently - "Wanted" - horrible, I only made it 15 minutes in and then shut it off

Older - "Belly" Starring DMX I think, pretty awful.

I kinda liked Wanted but then again I was on a nine hour flight which made it the best kind of movie - FREE!

Anything with Adam Sandler or Tom Green.

Everything directed by Uwe Boll & Oliver Stone(the most overrated director of all time).

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Juno

Alien:Resurrection

Pretty Woman

Congo

Point Break

Jaws 3-D

Jaws: The Revenge

Cannonball Run 2

Major Payne

I agree about Stone, most of his movies are nothing special. The only movie he's directed that I loved was Platoon, but since then he's done nothing spectacular.

Worst movies in recent memory:

The Weatherman - Nic Cage

Burn after Reading - this may possibly be the worst movie ever created based on its infinitesimally small entertainment/star power ratio.

:)

Way off base on that one. Movie may not have been your cup of tea but certainly a well made film. Great characters. Good story. Not the best Coen bros flick but even their B efforts are better then 90% of the crap out there.

The worst recent movie for me was that 10,000BC one. Simply awful. Miscast and a ridiculous story line.

Also, from a few years back, Nick Cage's version of the Wicker man. Laughably bad.