Ten "worst" films ever

WWVaBeach

The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage

They remade The Wicker Man?

The Edward Woodward version was brutal. Why would ANYONE remake that? And putting Cage in Woodward's role? That could actually be so bad it's entertaining in a trainwreck sort of way.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Edward Woodward version was brutal. Why would ANYONE remake that? And putting Cage in Woodward's role? That could actually be so bad it's entertaining in a trainwreck sort of way.

Not even close to being entertaining. It was just awful

See for yourself...

See for yourself...

youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo

That's !@#$ing hilarious.

I can believe watching the rest of the movie would be truly torturous having watched the original. But, if they just released that as a short (kind of like the old Looney Tunes) for before a real movie, it would have been great.

Had the same experience, fairly recently, watching a re-run of "Welcome Back Kotter". When I was a kid, that was the height of comedy...I hadn't seen an episode since the late 70's...man, it is monumentally bad...not even remotely funny. :P

If you want to have the exact opposite experience, watch some re-runs of WKRP in Cincinnati...one of the most underrated shows ever, IMO. I still laugh my ass off when I see it today :D

If you want to have the exact opposite experience, watch some re-runs of WKRP in Cincinnati...one of the most underrated shows ever, IMO. I still laugh my ass off when I see it today :D

As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly.

As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly.

:lol:

The interactions between Les and Herb are some of the best ever...I loved that entire cast, but those two were a classic pair :thumbsup:

great list though i haven't seen 8 of these. i'd remove up (i did like the talking dog but was otherwise bored). since you obviously like kids movies i would add shrek, monsters inc, the original jungle book and finding nemo. for documentaries i'd add the mighty uke.

Kids movies? Sigh

I understand that kids are the demographic for these movies, but the movies I mentioned go far beyond being entertainment for just 5-9 year olds. Especially the Disney/Pixar movies.

Kids movies? Sigh

I understand that kids are the demographic for these movies, but the movies I mentioned go far beyond being entertainment for just 5-9 year olds. Especially the Disney/Pixar movies.

Good point. In fact, there are often references in the Pixar films that are clearly for an adult demographic, which I appreciate. Animated films are not necessarily kids films.

Hey now. Freddy Got Fingered may not exactly be Gone With the Wind, but that's a funny damn movie.

Then you are definitely in the minority. In fact you are the first person I have actually heard that said Freddy Got Fingered was a funny movie.

Then you are definitely in the minority. In fact you are the first person I have actually heard that said Freddy Got Fingered was a funny movie.

You need to hang out with more laid back people.

I'll rewatch it and get back to you, but I'm pretty sure that movie's funny.

Edited by Rob's House

From Justin to Kelly

Dang dude, I take part in self-deprecation every year when I discuss Idol week in and week out, but I sure as hell never had any desire to watch that piece of crap! :lol:

Love The Cable Guy and Anchorman

Dumb and Dumber was fairly entertaining as well

I have not seen a single movie on that imdb worst 100 list (and I've watched my fair share of movies)

Two really bad recent comedies: The Other Guys and Grown Ups.

Edited by linksfiend