first album ever bought?

Pete

Doors Greatest Hits- 5th grade.

I remember the second album I ever purchased was Back In Black and the the third was The Soft Parade.

What are yours? Be honest- there should be some funny responses

Hah, i did not buy one, I bought 7 for $.01. LOL.

Yes, i got suckered into the Columbia House thing at some point. Not sure if they were my first or not.Now I can clearly remember walking home for the Summit Park Mall proudly with my Yes Songs that I had just purchased. I honestly cannot say it was the first, I think it was, but it is the one I remember best. Might be caused I purchased the first week of my paper route, so it was special as first thing I bought from my first job

Rainbow - Down To Earth

Ritchie Blackmore was the man! :wallbash:

Does that album have Man on the Silver Mountainon on it? Loved that song. Saw ole Rainbow once, opened for somebody in the Aud in 79 or 80. The worst performance I have ever seen by a professional.

Jim Croce, Photographs & Memories - His Greatest Hits

I bought that album as well, think as part of my Columbia House adventure

Pearl Jam- Vs. was the first one I ever purchased myself with my own hard-earned lawn mowing money, but I already had "Ten" and the Wayne's World 2 soundtrack at the time. I still have the album, but the case is pretty messed up.

Hah, i did not buy one, I bought 7 for $.01. LOL.

Yes, i got suckered into the Columbia House thing at some point. Not sure if they were my first or not.Now I can clearly remember walking home for the Summit Park Mall proudly with my Yes Songs that I had just purchased. I honestly cannot say it was the first, I think it was, but it is the one I remember best. Might be caused I purchased the first week of my paper route, so it was special as first thing I bought from my first job

Summit Park Mall...Have you been there lately ? Virtual ghost town today ... I can remember that record store. One of my buddies from LP worked there and he got us some good deals...

YesSongs.....pretty good concert album IMHO

Summit Park Mall...Have you been there lately ? Virtual ghost town today ... I can remember that record store. One of my buddies from LP worked there and he got us some good deals...

YesSongs.....pretty good concert album IMHO

have not been near the place in close to twenty years I would guess. Loved that yessongs album, specially with the headphones on after a night of smoking the stuff that passed for weed back then LOL

I have stated before that my dad once bought me "Bat Out of Hell" (Meatloaf) and "Kiss Alive II" (Kiss) on consecutive weeks. I'm pretty sure those were my first albums. By the time I had enough money to buy my own (and even though my dad had no problem buying me any music I wanted), I bought J. Geils Band's "Freeze Frame" on cassette.

:rolleyes: all the way around.

Does that album have Man on the Silver Mountainon on it? Loved that song. Saw ole Rainbow once, opened for somebody in the Aud in 79 or 80. The worst performance I have ever seen by a professional.

I bought that album as well, think as part of my Columbia House adventure

Man on the silver mtn.was with Ronnie James Dio In the mid-seventies. The best Rainbow line-up by far. My first lp -Schony(Jim Schoenfeld) early seventies. Pitched in with my bother.

Doors Greatest Hits- 5th grade.

I remember the second album I ever purchased was Back In Black and the the third was The Soft Parade.

What are yours? Be honest- there should be some funny responses

Slippery When Wet.

Yeah, I know.

have not been near the place in close to twenty years I would guess. Loved that yessongs album, specially with the headphones on after a night of smoking the stuff that passed for weed back then LOL

good ol dirt weed; I thought I was the only one. :bag::rolleyes::censored: